Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend assignment deadline for individual students

Sometimes when an assignment is set with a deadline, I don't want to allow late turn ins for all students, but may need to give an extension to an individual student. It would be really useful to be able to do this without having to make it possible for the rest of the class to also turn in late.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In Teams chat, DLP policy doesn't work when editing after posting. I want you to improve DLP so that it works even after editing.

In Teams chat, if I send a message once, then edit the posted message and repost it, the DLP policy does not work.
    In the first post, even if the DLP policy blocks sensitive information, if you edit the message and repost it, the DLP policy will no longer block it.
    Since DLP should be a data loss prevention solution, DLP policies should work after editing.
    I would like to request urgent improvement.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete files from File LIST

I know there is a way to delete a file from a message post in Teams, but I would prefer to delete the file from the LIST of files in the Files folder so I don't have to go back in the conversation and find it to do so. I don't see a way to do this that way. Could you make it so that beside each file listed in the Files folder, that there is an option to delete (or even forward)? That would be great.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. flip camera

The camera is flipped, meaning when I make a videocall, people see me reversed. Please change this, as many people teach and would like to write on the board, for example. Thanks

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for NVENC (NVidia), QuickSync (Intel), and VCE (AMD). (Hardware Video Encoding)

Most video cards now days support Hardware Video encoders which can substantially reduce the load to do video encoding while providing acceptable output.

I'm in video chat for most of my 8 hour work day and Teams is always the single highest utilization because of the video. Switching to hardware encoding would significantly reduce that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. La aplicación es muy pesada, recalienta el PC

La aplicación consume mucho procesador y mucha memoria. Es muy pesada en el PC, lo recalienta y me toca cerrarla y abrirla continuamente

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PC running very slow after installing Microsoft Teams

I installed Teams about a week ago and noticed my PC running slower and certain applications (Outlook and Adobe Acrobat) frequently are in a "not responding" mode since then. The Teams app also takes up a lot of RAM (324MB). Planning to uninstall and will use only the web interace

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't delete chats

Shud have chat delwteoke what's app

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. contact groups

Contact Groups within Teams should have an automated button that starts a group chat with that contact group, similar to tags.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams excruciatingly slow on tab switch and even sending messages

It's been two weeks since Teams has become extremely slow:
    - it sometimes freezes for seconds when you switch between chats
    - Freezes when you hit enter to type a message, and then continue typing, with the text after the enter going on the message sent before.

It seriously degraded and it's become quite annoying, please give this attention

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DELETE BUTTONS PLEASE!!!

Please make a delete function for chat features and alerts. This is the worst design I have ever seen. Once you are done with a conversation or addressed items in your activity/alerts you should be able to delete them. This will make the platform be more user-friendly and have a cleaner design. The hide conversations feature isn't practical since the conversations keep coming up.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Automatically Update Status

Have it so that when I'm in a meeting on outlook, it automatically changes to "In a Meeting", or if I'm sharing my screen it goes to "Do Not Disturb" and doesn't show my message notifications on the shared screen.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Reliability sucks compared to Slack

Android version so often goes offline. While other chat apps work just fine. Web app is so-so... when the desktop app doesn't make sense to install or you can't. Desktop app also is not great.. sending a file causes the UI to just freeze for a while.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Performance of User Interface

The user interface of Teams is permanently reacting slow to inputs and causes the user to be less productive. When switching between teams, chats and other functions, there is a notable lag after almost every click. This applies for both, the Desktop UI as well as the mobile UI.

Opening an menu or a new chat view doesn't happen instantly, but it takes a moment to render all the views. If you are used to natively developed applications that react instantly to user input, switching to Teams and experiencing a laggy interface is bothersome and frustrating at times.

I would…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Chat folder should not take up mailbox storage space or users should be able to archive it.

We have users with F1 licensing which means they only have 2GB of storage space available. now that we've implemented Teams, users mailboxes are filling up....because of the hidden and inaccessible Teams Chat folder in Conversation History. If they try to use mailbox cleanup, this hidden folder doesn't show up as an option for them to clean up or archive this folder. It's not easy for admins to access it to clear it either. This is a problem.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ON SKYPE, YOU CAN DELETE A WHOLE CONVERSATION. I CAN'T FIND WHERE I CAN DO THAT ON TEAM. INSTEAD OF ONE MESSAGE AT A TIME.

WANT TO BE ABLE TO DELETE WHOLE CONVERSATIONS. NOT JUST A MESSAGE AT A TIME, WHICH SKYPE ALLOWS YOU TO DO.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to use non-standard fonts e.g. in PowerPoint & Word in Teams editor

We use two specific fonts that represent our company's brand in all presentations wherever possible ..... but currently, for shared documents that we would LIKE to work on in Teams, we can't, as the fonts are not recognised when worked on in Teams editor for PowerPoint and Word etc. As a result, we have taken to working offline again !! This is adding a LOT of extra work and inconvenience and goes against the essence of why we have Teams in the first place! Please, Microsoft, add the ability for users (and organisations) to upload and use their own (non-standard)…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Delete, archive, or hide multiple assignments

I would like to clean up my class Teams account. I think the ideal would be to sort assignments into quarters and hide the ones I don't need right now. A minimum would be to delete the old ones- although it would be nice to keep them for the next quarter in case of disputes about grades. I know I can delete them one at a time, but it would be nice to do in batches.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. gallery view!

ability to see all people on the teams call in a gallery view

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show internet bandwidth quality from participants

Show internet bandwidth from participants to know who has the weakest connection

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base