Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Categorize favorite contacts

like existing on Lync (Skype for Business) the ability to group your favorite contacts in self-defined categories (IT, Sales, per Country etc.) and then to have the ability to expand/collapse those categories and see how is online

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. display an on screen keyboard when clicking into an embedded excel file (tab) (android tablet)

When I access an excel file on my desktop app, the dropdown filters work and I can type in the cells within Teams.

When I try the same on my tablet or phone (both android) I don't get an on screen keyboard and the drop down handles don't appear in order for me to input information unless I click on the excel icon which opens the file in Excel but you have to have an O365 account to save or edit the file!

The people I am trying to convert to using Teams are old; my allotment committee, in fact.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. currently I am not able to find the call button in the chat and group chat! it should be visible and highlighted

currently I am not able to find the call button in the chat and group chat! it should be visible and highlighted

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. start actually listening to users

Every problem I've encountered in Teams leads to discovering multiple prior entries in this feedback forum. e.g. many heartfelt pleas for font size adjustment and it has been "declined".

Shame on you, Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notes on Assignements

It would be great if you would be able to comment on assignements that you get. That way whenever I look on what assignements I have I can be like: "Oh that one is for next week and that one I have to keep in mind to I do this and that." It would be best if you could see the notes on the outside of the assignement itself so I don't have to click on every single one. That would defeat the purpose of the notes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. have a metric that can show how many messanges, conference calls and calls have been done daily by the user.

This will help show activity to employer. Since people are working remotely employers want to ensure employees are "working"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Use @ to mention/link to more than just people (i.e. files/folders, other channels, tabs, etc.)

We should be able to mention/link to practically anything in Teams. We should be able use @ to link to files, folders, channels, tabs, etc. Other programs have implemented this very effectively.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. F1

Why does F1 not bring up the Help section? This is a universal keyboard shortcut.

Why is Microsoft intent on making all of their products more and more difficult to use?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. enable selecting multiple teams accounts simultaneously

Our organisation would like our ICT Administrators be able to also manage the helpdesk account from inside Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for French/Français (Canada) keyboard shortcuts in MacOS

I have a French "Français (Canada)" keyboard with a Mac. Trying to type a forwardslash / in a text field using the normal keystroke, option-é, brings up the keyboard shortcut menu instead of typing a forwardslash. The default shortcut for this menu is option-/ on a US keyboard. Changing the keyboard language in Teams to French "Français (France)" nominally changes the keyboard shortcut to command-shift-/ but the actual behavior does not change. Typing option-é with the keyboard set to French still opens the keyboard shortcut menu, which shows the shortcut as command-shift-/ despite the actual…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Conversation layout and custom speach buble/text colour options

I work for a website accessibility firm, I find when using assistive magnification the conversation bubbles are miles apart from each other which makes reading sequence difficult. If you could change the way the layout of the bubbles appears so have them all left aligned or just have your reply tabbed in once this would help. Also It would be helpful if we had the choice of colours to use in Dark mode and Hi Vis mode or have a separate custom colour option. In High contrast mode the active or busy icons are difficult to see the tick or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Replace "Immersive Reader" with read highlighted text (Speech function) as with all MS Office products

Replace "Immersive Reader" with read highlighted text (Speech function) as with all MS Office products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve mobile channel selection tap target

A fat-finger error is happening when trying to select/tap channels from the channel list panel on the mobile app. The channel checkbox action often gets mistaken for opening the channel itself. The tap target needs to be improved to avoid this error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to be able to add/personalise due dates

We need to be able to customised/add new date fields. Some processes have many stages and we need to be able to add the due dates for each stage for this to function well for Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flexiblity to the user to change the app settings.

During the call the menu bar is popped up whenever mouse cursor is moved, due to this there is a lot of disturbance in viewing the content on the screen.
    I would suggest to move that bar outside the presentation view similar to what is available in skype.

Also let user select how he want to see the users connected in conference (It should be flexible for user to change the location of the connected users or even they can close the view itself. It is taking some space below the presentation screen which can be used if user needs…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile App: Send message using ‘enter’ — pretty common feature. Can you sneak it in the timeline please?

Ability to press “enter” or “return” from the mobile app and the message be sent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base