Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Menu on persons icon

The menu that appears with mail, chat, meet and so on, when clicking on a persons icon, should always be the same throughout the system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Copy/Paste - Paste only what is selected

When selecting some text from the comment then pasting, the whole text is pasted together with additional info like below

[time] <fullname>
    <text>
    <link>

Please have the ability to paste of what is only selected using Ctrl+Shift+V (or something else shortcut)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Nome

Vocês deveriam abrir um campo para que pessoas pudessem modificar o nome que está na conta. Existem pessoas trans (eu sou um exemplo) e na maioria das vezes, as instituições colocam o nome de registro, causando um enorme desconforto porque o nome aparece.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams? For me wasn't be good idea buyed it

Teams could be a fantastic tool if it worked. I have been trying to start it for weeks without success. It does not integrate the agenda or the outlook mailbox. At the moment it is only money thrown

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bippity boppity

**** glands

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it a bit clearer to understand it all.explain it

I get really confused when I go on to teams as it is not very clear and very confusing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Команды называть по дисциплинам

А не 18.5, 18/5 и др варианты, а вы студенты сами догадываетесь, что это за кафедра.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Agreguen opción de notas para celular, solo la tienen en modo PC

En opción PC cuentan con una opción llamada "notas" y en el celular no la incluyen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. do not let the adminsiter dont allow the chat

in our organisation (which is school)...we can't contact with the classmate just in the groups because the administrator doesn't allow that in our school ...and in the groups there are teachers so we can't talk in any thing just in the subject ..............please don't allow the administer do that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When you checked message

It will show when a message is checked

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show more than a minimum of 4 participants.

It's a pity that while using Teams at a meeting of my whole class/family, it doesn't show everyone.

Another BIG fail, is that every participant can freely become the manager of the meeting, and therefore, he can mute me (and I'm the teacher...)
    I know I am able to hit "make a participant"
    But it takes a lot of time to manage it, when i have a class runing.

Last but not least, many Android phones do not indicate the team name, on the screen of the teams list.
    It makes everything sooo annoying.

Hope you fix these issues.

Thanks …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow the filter in chat to be left on without resetting so unread can be always in view or allow all unread to show first

allow the filter in chat to be left on without resetting so unread can be always in view or allow all unread to show first

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Friendly interface

You can tell this was not designed b Microsoft., they always design such an easy interface easy to find and functional programs. Ms Teams is terrible in this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit button should show where smileys show

Please add the edit button here, instead of two clicks to go into the pop-up to edit a chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. iPad Pro - Dock User Menu on small profile window in bottom corner

When in a meeting as a call or desktop sharing a small box shows up with the Video, Audio, Screen Sharing, more Options, etc. and it is persistent on the screen.

It would be nice to have that little box show for MY actions in a meeting to readily unmute my audio or access my video sharing on the iPad. Going from muted to unmuted and back is slow due to having to access the screen, tap the screen, tap the function whereas if it is docked on the screen, one could just toggle the switches immediately.

Secondly, why should…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Status specific to video chat

It would be ideal if users were able to see that an individual is in an active video call. Currently a person appears as a Busy status both if one is in a scheduled meeting/appointment or in a video call. Some simple ideas: Adding an additional status level for Video; making the red indicator blink if in video or adding a line or video icon to the red dot. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base