Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a contact to this group-----auto set cursor to the search box

When clicking on "Add a contact to this group".....have the cursor automatically focus on the box so that you can start typing a person's name....now you have to click into the box and then type. Come on MS.....you do some UI testing right???????

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Not user friendly and bad user interface

Teams can be made.similar to skype for business which is far more user friendly and pretty good user interface as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Auto Spellcheck should operate like Word, Outlook, etc.

I can't believe this isn't posted.

If Teams is intended to be a primary project communication platform, this NEEDS to be addressed. It is good at recognizing a misspelled words, but the next step is where it fails miserably. I'll get a short list or a list of 20 options, or it just face-plants. The word "Didnt" without the apostrophe, only suggests, "Diderot". However, lowercase "didnt" will suggest the correct punctuation. Whaaat?! Oh, and the biggie: why cant i add a word to a Dictionary. We all work with uniques terms, words and names, that are constantly being asked to…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cannot reorder Teams if there are more than monitor window height. Cannot reorder Teams at all except with mouse (accessibility violation)

If you have more Teams than will fit vertically in the available space in your monitor/window, you will not be able to drag any above a certain point, making it possible to reorder them. The pane does not scroll up, even when the mouse approaches/surpasses the edge.

Also, AFAIK, using the mouse is the only way to reorder Teams. For people who cannot use a mouse, there is no solution.

At a minimum, please offer these (hopefully low-hanging) solutions:

1. Right-click a Teams menu and choose "Move Up / Move Down"

2. Somewhere in Teams, offer an option: "Order Teams Alphabetically". A…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. remote screen in full screen mode

While controlling remote screen in full-screen mode, I am unable to access lower part of the screen. Please fix the issue ASAP.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mobile version immersive reader

Can we get Immersive reader into the mobile app. Particularly as a lot of students in learning support have iPads.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. While Presenting a Powerpoint Presentation, we need the pointer options

Please give Pointer Options while presenting a Powerpoint Presentation

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Seriously, add push to talk....

Seriously, I know this has already been requested...but COME ON! It's quite an obviously good feature that people will use. How hard can it be to implement?

While I'm concerned about the security problems, I have migrated my group to Zoom solely for the ability to push to talk since our communications in my line of work are less conversation based and more walkie-talkie style. Once this feature is implemented, I will happily move back.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show all assignments

Rather than having to go through every team to check assignments, have them show all assignments when you click the ‘assignments’ button.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Universal Microphone Mute Function

In Skype, there is a universal keybind which will mute your microphone regardless of which window is active (skype or otherwise) which allows you to multitask and mute/unmute without having to navigate back to teams.

I suggest implementing this function so that the Teams mute keybind will work without Teams being the active window.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Whiteboard

Whiteboard should either be available as an App or the share upload the chat screen should include whiteboard. It currently does not consistently show up for all users.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hide the video menu bar when inactive with small button

Hide the video menu bar when inactive with small button

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Permanent Font/Colour Change

Please allow permanent change of font and font colour for use in chats. The colour options given now are too light for use in fonts, and they do not allow permanent change.
    This option was available on Skype and should be available here.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Split Screen when in a meeting

When in a meeting allow the shared content screen to go to half of the teams window while the other half has teams functionality (chat, groups, files etc.) to allow better multitasking. Either right/left or top/bottom orientation would be preferable.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display YouTube video title and description when sharing a link

When sharing a YouTube link, it does not pick the title and the description from the link. Instead, it shows the YouTube description.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. disappearing scroll bars

I happen to think that disappearing scroll bars is one of the worst UI disasters of all time (maybe excessive use of pastel shades comes close). Windows 10 gives us an accessibility setting to turn off that annoying "feature". I would like Teams to honor the Windows 10 setting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. F11 to toggle "Full Screen" mode

A number of software and web browsers support using F11 to toggle Enter Full Screen mode. Can this be added to Teams?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible for MS Teams to learn words like most other applications so that if I get a word underlined as misspelled I can add it.

Skype for Business and other tools offered the ability to learn words which weren't in the standard dictionary. MS Temas doesn't offer that option. It would be even better if MS Teams could use the same personal dictionary as Office so that I don't have to add words (like people's names) multiple times.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 60 61
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base