Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Provide a Read mode for Word, excel and other documents. Currently, even if the user wants to read the document, Teams treat it as modified.

Provide a Read mode for Word, excel and other documents. Currently, even if the user wants to read the document, Teams currently treat it as modified. This will mislead other users that document has been updated by the reader and which is not correct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. TEAMs for Disabled users needs a lot of work

For anyone with eye, hand coordination issues, like One-Handed wounded warriors, TEAMs is a nightmare, it needs to be completely re-designed for disabled, individuals and it 's not for anyone that needs speed.

The page navigation is horrible, it takes multiple clicks to do one thing, you can't move the chat windows and on my screen they show up on the far right bottom side, which is impossible to change, so it block s all my other work.

If this were used on any global platform like Facebook, Marriott.com,
    Google, there would be panic in the streets like Hong Kong…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Show message subject line not first text line in display of saved message

I used "Add a subject" to identify a message I plan to save. But the saved message shows up with the text of the first line of the message and no subject. I'm expecting the subject line to show up in the saved message list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dashboard view of all my Plans and Teams

When i start my Teams apps, it would be nice to have a Dashboard landing page like Planner online, with all the Teams and Plans that i manager and participate.
    I need this information to know better the tasks that is completed and delayed, and other informations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Improved Conversation Graphics

Conversations topics should be Bold and easier to read. JUST LIKE THIS THREAD. Currently all the conversations blend together are are not easy to scan for the topic on which you would like to post.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Swipe functionality

Please add swipe functionality to return to previous screens. <3

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch between default and dark mode based on time of day

Dark mode is great! But I only really need it on at night. Is it possible to have a time-based option (based on Windows 10 Night light settings?) so that it automatically toggles from default to dark and back again?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make the contacts list collapsible

Microsoft, please go back and make the contacts pane collapsible again! Not only is this a privacy issue, if someone comes over, the pane just takes up way too much space!
    This is an inconvenience,, especially since there is not even an option to make it smaller.
    Get it together Microsoft!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please enable push-to-talk on the native Windows client

My organization is looking to move away from Voxer in order to completely centralize our communications through Office 365, including Outlook. The mobile client for Android (and presumably) iOS has this functionality. Having it on the native client would fulfill all of our use cases. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remembering the last page where you were editing

It would be nice if Teams remembers the last page/channel where you were editing. Sometimes you have to go to the chat for example to answer a question from a colleague, but when you come back to, for example, your onenote its not the onenote you worked on last time.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Night mode

If I go to teams at night I won't have to wait 10 years

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Removal from startup

GET THIS OFF STARTUP!

ALLOW REMOVAL FROM STARTUP. This is ridiculous -- it makes me HATE this program before I have even started using it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications on the Desktop version are easily missed

Hi, please improve the notifications on the desktop app. Messages received in the Team channels are easily missed as there is no proper notification symbol and the name of the Team/Channel in which the message was received is only bolded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. too much echo.............. bad on teams.... is ok on skype.

too much echo.............. bad on teams.... is ok on skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The links to share docs are too long

Have à link shortener
    Dont use(show) %20 for space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.