Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. High Contrast

For vision impaired uses that use custom High Contrast Theming, the Teams apps does not correctly map to the colors. For example, left list uses the Disabled vs Selected colors. Microsoft should be fully committed to one standard for Theming; especially for High Contrast Theme. It is critical for the vision impaired.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Warren responded

I apologize for being fairly ignorant on this topic. The color scheme setting can be found by clicking your portrait icon within Teams at the upper right. Under the General Settings you can select, Default color theme, Dark, or High Contrast. This follows the Windows OS high contrast theme and my understanding is also following the global standards.

If you are having issues could you let me know what exactly is happening or specifics you feel need to change? If you could tell me both and maybe even email me screen shots to TeamsML@microsoft.com I can work to see what I can do for you. Please list the subject in the email as “High Contrast”.

Thanks!
    -Warren

2. Allow multiple windows of Teams to be open.

In other programs such as word, you can have 2 windows open so you can view two documents at once. Feel this would be helpful for Teams as well. Example, have chat open on one window and Teams/channels on the other.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. capability to delete uploaded backgrounds.

A couple of backgrounds that I uploaded are sideways and I want to delete them from the selection of backgrounds.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Open Desktop App directly

A click on a teams link should open the desktop app directly, without going through the browser and asking for the app to open.Microsoft id advertising that the desktop app brings the best teams experience? why then always open the browser first?

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make live captions available on one-to-one calls

Live captions for Teams seems to only be available for Meetings.
    It would be useful to also have them available for one-to-one calls without the need to schedule a meeting.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Accessiblity of Live Captions (formatting, speed, speaker)

We have hearing impaired, vision impaired, and ESL colleagues who are having trouble with Live Captions. Feedback to us:

-Captions are too fast / can there be two lines so it's easier to catch up?
    -Hard to read (size, low contrast)
    -Hearing impaired cannot tell whose captions are whose
    -ESL cannot scroll back to read what they missed

Outside of directing users to Stream, we have not been successful in finding any setting that will allow these individuals to participate at the level of their colleagues.

Let us know if we are missing something. Otherwise, we would like to be…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Mark up and write on pictures or PDFs of turned in assignments

It would be nice to be able to write on pictures or PDFs of assignments turned in by students using a stylus (Apple Pencil). This would be way easier than typing comments to give feedback. I know you can do this in Canvas.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add option to unmute mic by pressing hot key on the keyboard. Pressing button, mic is muted, release you are muted again

add option to unmute mic by pressing hot key on the keyboard. Pressing button, mic is muted, release you are muted again

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Background settings (picture)

Would be nice to have an option to select pictures to be used as background.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. contact list as separate side bar

skype has a nice contacts list sidebar, then when you text the person on there its a nice lil window... this is too clunky to have the chat attached continually to the contacts.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame

Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame when running Dark Theme so I can find the bottom corners on top of other "dark mode" things, like Windows Desktop (black), Notepad++ (dark theme), etc.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. would love to be able to change skins like you can for outlook

would love to be able to change skins like you can for outlook

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chat and contacts should be in different tabs

Hi Team

Currently, we have chat and contacts under chat icon but it should be split like chat icon and contacts icon to be easily accessable

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Menu bar during presentation

It would be helpful if we had the ability to move the menu bar so that it doesn't obstruct the presentation every time someone touches the mouse.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Background option

Background option: The office talking heads background, the conference room from the office when they do their interviews. So having a background option that is the conference room from the tv show the office.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chat Search

Can Microsoft Teams make it possible to search a chat E.g. You need to get out a data out of a chat group that has been drowned by other chat.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability to separate screen share and videos on multiple screens

When you are in an active meeting with both video and a screenshare, allow the screen share to be moved out of the main window and into a separate window that can be viewed on a secondary monitor.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Universal Microphone Mute Function

In Skype, there is a universal keybind which will mute your microphone regardless of which window is active (skype or otherwise) which allows you to multitask and mute/unmute without having to navigate back to teams.

I suggest implementing this function so that the Teams mute keybind will work without Teams being the active window.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow additional device to join a 1:1 established call

Hi,

Some background:

I wear MFI hearing aids. They are connected via Bluetooth to my iPhone.

Team application installed on my iPhone and on my laptop. same account signed in in both instances.

Good: I can join meetings from both devices at the same time ( e.g.: sound in my ears, scree sharing on my laptop

Bad: if someone call me directly I take the call on my iPhone. I didn't find yet how I can join the call from my laptop and see the screen sharing.

Workaround: Quickly create a meeting "now" and ask the caller to hang-up and…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base