Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Student Access to Assignments from Grade Tab

Currently, students can only see the status of their assignments in the grades tab. If they need to resubmit or check for feedback they have to go back to the assignments tab and scroll through the list of assigned or completed assignments to access a particular assignment. This process would be easier if their was a link to each assignment in the grades tab that allows them to open the assignment from there

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should br a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between

Navigating between chat and teams folders is cumbersome. There should be a way to pop out chats or do an Alt tab to jump between. For eg. If someone sends me a team folder link in team chat, i should be able to view the folder and chat in 2 separate windows

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Easier Navigation

If you click on a teams, you should land directly on the first channel.
    There should be a breadcrumb navigation for the channels in the teams, which can be optionally displayed between teams name and tabs.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make Contacts and Contact groups appear in any order one needs

Do not require that contacts and groups be sorted alphabetically.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen share feature in call should applicable on multiple windows

Currently if i share the screen and at that time only one window i can share, if i want to show another window can i need to stop sharing and reshare again. It should be multi window sharing. And same thought should be applicable to request control also.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Register Global Hotkey

Register a global hotkey for windows (e.g. Win + T) to open up a new chat window, without having the application active.

s4b has such a global hotkeys

and ability to Customize the hotkeys

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warren responded

This item is not currently under consideration, though multi-window is the works.

Please keep the feedback coming and I will keep bringing it to the feature team for review.

Thank you!
    -Warren

7. Chat popout tabbing

Feature idea :
    The new popout windows for chat to be able to tab together to provide easier window management if you have alot of chats to manage.

Along with this you could include a feature to show favorite chats or an option to favorite them we have a pin feature but what about a separate feature to favorite contacts and chats?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Test Microphone/Speakers from inside the application.

It would be nice to be able to test the Microphone and Speakers, to make sure everything is working.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CONVERSATIONS - Filter most recent at top

Please enable the ability to post the most recent conversation at the top of the feed.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow multiple windows of Teams to be open.

In other programs such as word, you can have 2 windows open so you can view two documents at once. Feel this would be helpful for Teams as well. Example, have chat open on one window and Teams/channels on the other.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selectable Desktop Notification Sounds

Users need to be able to set a custom notification sound or at the very least have a list of sounds to select from.

Different users have different hearing capabilities. I have several users that are physically incapable of hearing the current sounds.

By forcing every person to use the same sounds for notifications you are preventing people with hearing disabilities from using the full capability of application.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mark up and write on pictures or PDFs of turned in assignments

It would be nice to be able to write on pictures or PDFs of assignments turned in by students using a stylus (Apple Pencil). This would be way easier than typing comments to give feedback. I know you can do this in Canvas.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "multi-tab" feature to switch between files or view 2+ files at the same time.

I would really like a "multi-tab" feature to quickly switch between files or refer to two files on different tabs at once.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Focus lost when switching from to and from Teams app

When I edit an Excel file inside Teams app, and then switch windows, when I come back the focus is lost in the Excel sheet - very annoying for any cut-and-paste operations to require an additional click every time. The focus in the Teams app should be persistent.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Are you still there?

Constantly being shown the 'Are you still there?' pop up which makes you refresh the page... You should show the pop up after 30 minutes/1 hour of inactivity, not less than a minute!

Very annoying, please update!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
    Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
    A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
    A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
    -Warren

18. Hard Mute should have a way to unmute

Hard mute during meeting is really cool, but the only way to unmute a participant (Attendee) is promote him/her as a moderator. Which is not a cool stuff.

Why? Everytime you try do to this task you receive a message asking you if you know once you promote the user he will be able to mute, remove people and present content. so you are giving full permissions as moderator only to open mic.

Also this is extra steps for education. Teacher will spend a lot of time making and removing students just to open their mic.

Will be better that…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. capability to delete uploaded backgrounds.

A couple of backgrounds that I uploaded are sideways and I want to delete them from the selection of backgrounds.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Accessiblity of Live Captions (formatting, speed, speaker)

We have hearing impaired, vision impaired, and ESL colleagues who are having trouble with Live Captions. Feedback to us:

-Captions are too fast / can there be two lines so it's easier to catch up?
    -Hard to read (size, low contrast)
    -Hearing impaired cannot tell whose captions are whose
    -ESL cannot scroll back to read what they missed

Outside of directing users to Stream, we have not been successful in finding any setting that will allow these individuals to participate at the level of their colleagues.

Let us know if we are missing something. Otherwise, we would like to be…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base