Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

Add Inbox to Teams so its a single pane of glass to view all in one.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Win Key + 'S' Key + person's name (Windows Integration) goes directly to person's chat in Teams

In Windows, just like launching an application with Win+S and writing the application name, it would be helpful to type in the person's name and get the option to open their chat box in Teams by entering the return key when selected. Currently there is only an option to send an e-mail through this method.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Dashboard view of all my Plans and Teams

When i start my Teams apps, it would be nice to have a Dashboard landing page like Planner online, with all the Teams and Plans that i manager and participate.
    I need this information to know better the tasks that is completed and delayed, and other informations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. searching

The ability to search any types of WIKI within teams. if there is just clear text, please provide a type of search for that within groups. I can search files and other items just fine, but not clear text within groups, or Wiki's. This makes it very hard to find material.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the Teams navigation bar editable

The Teams navigation bar includes "Activity", "Chat", "Teams", "Calendar", "Calls", and "Files".

Under the 'more options' ellipses, other useful tools are available such as "Shifts" or "Planner". If a Team is making use of one of these other tools, it would be convenient if that tool were able to be pinned into the navigation bar for easy access for the entire team.

It would also be convenient to be able to re-order the navigation bar for team members to prioritize tabs they use most often.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

Simplify it. Not user friendly to many tabs going on General, Teams. Chat, Call way to many sub menus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notifications on the Desktop version are easily missed

Hi, please improve the notifications on the desktop app. Messages received in the Team channels are easily missed as there is no proper notification symbol and the name of the Team/Channel in which the message was received is only bolded.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The links to share docs are too long

Have à link shortener
    Dont use(show) %20 for space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send DTMF from keyboard during call without dial pad for IVRs etc.

Add support for using keyboard to send dual-tone multi-frequency signaling (DTMF) like 0-9 and #* in an ongoing call without first using mouse to show dial pad and click on numbers to send these, for example to navigate IVRs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add notification sounds! I activated every possible notification and unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad, I miss messages

Unless I'm staring at my computer/phone/pad I never know when I have a message for lack of notification sound! Very frustrating!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Finding and selecting contacts should be easy and accessible from the main control bar.

Have a contacts list, and have your contacts list accessible from the side bar, instead of having to start typing in a name when you create a new message.

This would also be helpful as you could refer to your previous conversations with people by clicking on their name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Optamize the app for a larger screen

The andoid app is not optimized for a larger screen. When used on a chromebook there is a lot of white are that is basically wasted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I need multiple tab on Teams

When I open another sub-channels on teams, I need to choose "Open in new tab" to avoid to lose my previous search.

ie : if I am on Teams > General > Files > sub folder 1 > sub folder 2 > file, I need to keep this path to open Teams > General > Files > subfolder n > file

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keyboard enter key not sending

On the IPad Pro when pressing the enter key on the external keyboard it makes a new line and doesn’t send the message. This is so annoying as I use Teams a lot and I have to touch the screen on every message to send instead of just pressing enter on the keyboard.
    I can’t see any settings to change this and all the other messaging apps work fine with the enter key.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Up Arrow doesnt put you into chat edit anymore

Every now and again you release a new version and break the ability to use the up arrow key to put you into edit on the previous chat message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add two account from two different adress

We should be able to have two different accounts (ie: a different email for each) and switch account without log off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Are you still there?

Constantly being shown the 'Are you still there?' pop up which makes you refresh the page... You should show the pop up after 30 minutes/1 hour of inactivity, not less than a minute!

Very annoying, please update!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop mark team as favorite by default.

Currently, team are marked as Favorite by default, while this list is not sorted by alphabet. Although this list can be sorted manually but not everybody aware that, and if we have many things on this list, we just don't want to sort it manually anymore. We want to have ability to scan the list by alphabet. And removing Favorite is quite boring task.

When you have a big list of teams, you will just want to make some of them as favorite, while leave the rest in ABC order. Making just some teams as favorite is better than making…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.