Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. searching refined

make it so that the ability to search within teams is a little better. I do not see a search or any type of local search within a group. If I go to a group, I should be able to search within the group, no matter how many pages and tabs there are, to be able to find things within tabs in groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Planner buckets should use responsive design and shrink as you shrink browser width

Currently on web Teams Planner, adding 3 or 4 buckets will take lots of screen width and requires lots of horizontal scrolling. The buckets should shrink narrower when you shrinkbrowser width rather than show the horizontal scrollbar - very annoying to scroll all the time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make the Teams navigation bar editable

The Teams navigation bar includes "Activity", "Chat", "Teams", "Calendar", "Calls", and "Files".

Under the 'more options' ellipses, other useful tools are available such as "Shifts" or "Planner". If a Team is making use of one of these other tools, it would be convenient if that tool were able to be pinned into the navigation bar for easy access for the entire team.

It would also be convenient to be able to re-order the navigation bar for team members to prioritize tabs they use most often.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Saperate the Download and Delete button

Download is frequently used and clicked often then Delete, putting them together forces to pause for a second and think that one doesn't delete the file accidently. While I am building the muscle memory to do the daily task successfully but their close proximity is getting in the way.

Suggest to put the Delete way down in the menu.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Test Microphone/Speakers from inside the application.

It would be nice to be able to test the Microphone and Speakers, to make sure everything is working.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. skype quick multiple user message

Skype has the ability to right click 2 or 3 users to setup a quick temporary group chat this is a definite basic feature that should be in teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Cannot reorder Teams if there are more than monitor window height. Cannot reorder Teams at all except with mouse (accessibility violation)

If you have more Teams than will fit vertically in the available space in your monitor/window, you will not be able to drag any above a certain point, making it possible to reorder them. The pane does not scroll up, even when the mouse approaches/surpasses the edge.

Also, AFAIK, using the mouse is the only way to reorder Teams. For people who cannot use a mouse, there is no solution.

At a minimum, please offer these (hopefully low-hanging) solutions:

1. Right-click a Teams menu and choose "Move Up / Move Down"

2. Somewhere in Teams, offer an option: "Order Teams…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yealink Microsoft Teams Display Settings

If you have time, may you please provide the ability for an end user to adjust their screen size for text and icons when using a Yealink T58A Microsoft Teams desk telephone as an accessibility option?

Thank you very much.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Snyc files locally with OneDrive when joining Team

When you join a Team ask members / Owners if they want to snyc files locally with OneDrive.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Send DTMF from keyboard during call without dial pad for IVRs etc.

Add support for using keyboard to send dual-tone multi-frequency signaling (DTMF) like 0-9 and #* in an ongoing call without first using mouse to show dial pad and click on numbers to send these, for example to navigate IVRs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Tiny URL to files in sharepoint

When copying a link via Get Link menu from files tab the URL is too big and makes it difficult to read the comments added with the URL.

It would be better if Get Link menu can give a shortened URL (like tinyurl).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom color options for meeting tools overlay (Enter full screen, Meeting Notes, etc.)

The colors of the overlay icons for the meeting tools can be difficult to see when certain content is shared. Provide an option in Teams to customize the color and contrast of the overlay tools.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I need multiple tab on Teams

When I open another sub-channels on teams, I need to choose "Open in new tab" to avoid to lose my previous search.

ie : if I am on Teams > General > Files > sub folder 1 > sub folder 2 > file, I need to keep this path to open Teams > General > Files > subfolder n > file

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have the Links Contained in Emails Open the Teams Application Directly

When clicking the "Reply in Teams" button located inside the emails that result from mentions, it currently pulls up the browser. Then there's a wait until the browser window pulls up the conversation inside Teams application. This is inefficient for the user and their breaks work flow.

It would be helpful if click in the email link brought the user directly into the Teams application.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add two account from two different adress

We should be able to have two different accounts (ie: a different email for each) and switch account without log off.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add auto correct function, or even AI keyboard suggest function

add auto correct function, or even AI keyboard suggest function
    to desktop version.
    spelling check is really importing in working env.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide voice control through Google Assistant

Would like to be able to send commands to teams through Google Assistant. For example teams, text reply to XYZ

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. unobvious notitifactions

I miss many notes and messages just because I didn't notice they were written by a team mate. I beleive notifications should be more obvious so that we cannot miss them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Good app, annoying login process

Teams loads by force when you start Windows. This behavior is annoying when you boot up your computer for an urgent task and Teams pops up. Also, when using the mobile version I had to provide login credentials three times (this is not because I typed anything wrong). Good app but these behavior is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Zu unübersichtlich

Warum ist das hier nur in englisch?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.