Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat Notifications

Currently, the only types of chat notifications available are email, banner or off. Can you fix it to where the chat will show the bubble if you receive a message, without the banner coming out. I don't want to have to read the banner every time someone IMs me, but I'd like to know I have an unread chat, by some kind of flashing notification, similar to what Skype for Business uses.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Keep Tracked Changes in a Word doc within Teams

When reviewing to track changes in a Word doc in Teams I need to open it in Word Online. On making the tracked changes, autosaved, and closed the Tracked changes are changed in the Teams view but not tracked for visibility to another reader... Making any review and tracking within Teams somewhat wasted effort and quite counterproductuve across a joint team effort on a single document.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. searching

The ability to search any types of WIKI within teams. if there is just clear text, please provide a type of search for that within groups. I can search files and other items just fine, but not clear text within groups, or Wiki's. This makes it very hard to find material.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve the interface

Hi there,

I'm using constantly Teams app and I think it's a good product but not as good as it can be.

I would like to ask you if there is anything in the loop of improving the interface/accessibility.

I always find the current interface not smart or intuitive as you my have to do multiple task in the same time such as: being in a call, taking notes, visualise a document; which if all are in Teams it's impossible to access all at once and currently there is no function of going back to a view from your previous…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the different content sharing options more clearly distinguishable

When sharing content, many users are finding the different options between desktop, window, and presentation difficult to distinguish - especially as they can be a little overwhelming in number! A window is often shared rather then the screen leading to confusion and delay. Please make the different sections much clearer either by making the option label clearer and/or by visually separating them out using tone and/or colour. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. minimize drop-down arrows won't stay minimized upon returning to tab

In Chat, I have several groups created with multiple people under each. Every time I need to minimize EACH tab because the lists are so long and I can't easily find who I'm looking quickly. However, if I should need to go to another tab within Teams, everything has gone back to the original extended layout and I'm back at square one. Can we get the minimize drop down arrows to stick please?!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remote screen in full screen mode

While controlling remote screen in full-screen mode, I am unable to access lower part of the screen. Please fix the issue ASAP.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fully integrated High-Contrast Accessibility when opening files in Teams

You can make Microsoft Teams better by providing High-Contrast Accessibility support when opening documents within Teams.

Currently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files do not open in High Contrast. within Teams.

Selecting the Teams High-Contrast theme has no impact on this action.
    Additionally, Windows 10 High-Contrast settings can't be applied, as the action of opening documents is occurring within the Teams "shell".

Thanks,

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A heavy app

Its a heavy app and it is affecting perfrormance of my phone and my other devices. Besides the layout and tabs could get better. Display/presentation is important these days, work can be done though purple color is fine.
    Im new user to it took me quite some time to understand where and how I can upload my work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Focus lost when switching from to and from Teams app

When I edit an Excel file inside Teams app, and then switch windows, when I come back the focus is lost in the Excel sheet - very annoying for any cut-and-paste operations to require an additional click every time. The focus in the Teams app should be persistent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The technology seems good but the Design and the user experience are terrible.

Please please fix the Design and user experience. For inspiration, look at Apple

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications

There is no visual indication that you have any messages in "Teams", like Chats and Activities there is nothing there, you would have to click on the teams and then scroll through the possibly hundreds of "team" chats you are in. It is absolutely frustrating to have to continuously check that tab to find you missed a bunch of things.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. would love to be able to change skins like you can for outlook

would love to be able to change skins like you can for outlook

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Favorite or Saved tab in menu

Can you make a Saved or Favorits tab under the files tab on the left menu? It would increase productivity alot.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Stop Ctrl+Click on messages from highlighting all text.

When working I often want to copy some text from a message in teams, and do so the same way I would elsewhere; by highlighting a section of the text in the message, and hitting Ctrl+C

I habitually have the ctrl key already held down when highlighting, or at least, have begun to press it just before letting go of left click. Teams reads this as a ctrl+click on the message and highlights all the message text, including the author and timestamp. The whole thing happens so quickly that I end up copying the entire message without realising.

Please either…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chat View

I want to be able to have my chat I am currently in while still seeing all open chats I am in on the left at all times. Not only when I click on chat. Like Skype.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. About the feature that the cache is automatically deleted when you sign out

I would like to implement a feature that automatically deletes the cache when you sign out.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. searching refined

make it so that the ability to search within teams is a little better. I do not see a search or any type of local search within a group. If I go to a group, I should be able to search within the group, no matter how many pages and tabs there are, to be able to find things within tabs in groups.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Planner buckets should use responsive design and shrink as you shrink browser width

Currently on web Teams Planner, adding 3 or 4 buckets will take lots of screen width and requires lots of horizontal scrolling. The buckets should shrink narrower when you shrinkbrowser width rather than show the horizontal scrollbar - very annoying to scroll all the time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.