Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Chat Notifications

Currently, the only types of chat notifications available are email, banner or off. Can you fix it to where the chat will show the bubble if you receive a message, without the banner coming out. I don't want to have to read the banner every time someone IMs me, but I'd like to know I have an unread chat, by some kind of flashing notification, similar to what Skype for Business uses.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Visual Pod for use by Sign Language Interpreter

Please add a visual pod that can locked in place to show a sign language interpreter. The captioning is good, but our Deaf and Hard of Hearing community has indicated that an interpreter does better and allow for indication when the speaker has changed.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Closed Captions

You should have the option to include Closed Captions in the videos.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please make the answer call icon on the incoming call popup Green! the popup is blue, the icon is blue. its confusing

The popup is blue, the answer call icon is blue, it's confusing. The "ignore call" icon is red and stands out. Users inadvertently click on the wrong icon. frequently. Making the "answer call" icon green would cause it to stand out. (image attached)

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. too much echo.............. bad on teams.... is ok on skype.

too much echo.............. bad on teams.... is ok on skype.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams Kiosk Mode

There is currently no native way to put Teams in kiosk mode so that the user remains within the application.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. auto hide sidebar should hide after choosing channel/team

When the side bar is on auto-hide (when window is sized to a smaller width), once a Team channel is clicked, the sidebar should auto-hide again.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Permanent Font/Colour Change

Please allow permanent change of font and font colour for use in chats. The colour options given now are too light for use in fonts, and they do not allow permanent change.
    This option was available on Skype and should be available here.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar

Reactions bar's emoji is useful.
    But, One of the reactions we wanna use most is ": eyes:" emoji.

When we get a notification, We often react to “I'm watching now" by using eyes emoji reaction on Slack.
    If we can do it on Teams, feel super cool !

So We want to add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Media keys affecting Teams web app.

Scenario:
    I am listening to music.
    I have teams opened in a Chrome tab.
    I press pause/play to stop the music playback.

I expect music to stop playing.
    Actually music continues to play and Teams web app is starting to call whoever is on my teams tab.

I would like the Teams app to be unaffected by media keys or at least have an option to toggle their interactivity.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. searching

The ability to search any types of WIKI within teams. if there is just clear text, please provide a type of search for that within groups. I can search files and other items just fine, but not clear text within groups, or Wiki's. This makes it very hard to find material.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. remote screen in full screen mode

While controlling remote screen in full-screen mode, I am unable to access lower part of the screen. Please fix the issue ASAP.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Drag and drop function within Teams for folders and documents

Please add function where you can drag and drop Teams folders within one another

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. zoom in and zoom out buttons

Sometimes while using the laptop, user inadvertently zooms in and out while using the mouse or trackpad. To get back to the original zoom view for teams, these buttons are not found.

There should be zoom + and zoom - buttons for every chat window maybe in the lower right corner that should allow for regaining control of zoom.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Slash commands should be available in the same place we type messages.

As a power user, I wish to be able to enter slash commands in the same control where I type messages, because the inability to do so goes against more than 30 years of precedent for chat applications. Having to enter them elsewhere is counter intuitive and frustrating.

From an accessibility point of view it makes no sense to force the user to navigate to another control where they still need to type the slash.

IRC has had slash commands for more than 30 years. Slack, Mattermost, Zoom... all have slash commands integrated in the text entry control too.

Integrating…

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Shortcut hide

Add a keyboard shortcut to hide a chat!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transcribe audio messages sent from Teams mobile app

In addition to making the audio content searchable, a transcription would allow hearing impaired individuals to consume audio messages sent from Mobile clients.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make an option within TEAMSs to be able to share control of the screen with IPAD users.

IPADs need to be able to share control of the screen within meetings on TEAMS so that we can use interactive lessons where the student can control the screen to make therapy interactive. Please add this feature similar to that available if using TEAMs from Computer to computer.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add the option to share part of your screen

Its impossible to see anything for participants when im sharing from my 49inch ultrawide monitor. Please let me select the area of the screen to share.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base