Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A way to delete or organize old messages

I like to keep my messages organized, I'd like to be able to remove old messages and only keep ones that are relevant. I can't seem to do that now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. close preview window

Have where you can close the main window or preview and just leave contact view up, like in Skype this would allow quick access

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please include more symbols like the pseudo-diameter symbol "Ø"

More symbols please. I would like to be able to use basic symbols like this (pseudo) Diameter symbol "Ø". We do a lot of engineering "talk" and I have to open word, find the symbol, copy it and then paste into notebooks. It's super annoying.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better and more Intuitive text correction

Simply just want the messages typed to act more similarly to a word document. Letter 'i's get capitalized when they are by themselves. Conjunctions automatically correct to use a ' when it is not typed. Selecting the correct word only gives me the top 5 results instead of a 20 word list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams assignment

May you put the assignment in a list ? It would be much better and easier to know what hw I didn't do,and what hw I have

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable Users to Select Font

Allow a user to select from a list of multiple fonts. Microsoft, keep ignoring this request and well just keep requesting it get off your high horse and give users what they need and ask for

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. shortcut for launch on startup

If I want to have app launch automatically on start up, I would prefer a quick shortcut option to tick yes or no within the program.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make /goto command also access single chats, similar to Slack's "Cmd + K"

We have a lot of people in our Teams account, and in the chat sidebar, if I want to chat to someone, it's a pain to be forced to find them in the list. Sometimes the person I want to chat with isn't in that list.

I could use keyboard command Cmd + E to enter the search bar, then type /chat and then type the user, scroll to the user, then start a message, but that is some classic Microsoft CLUNK.

Please please please consider expanding the /goto function (Cmd + G) to also reference users. This would give…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user to change persistent chat sort order

Teams persistent chat sort order

Allow the user to change the sort order of TEAMS persistent chat, so that the newest posts are displayed on top - and not as now downwards. (You have said you already have this, but you don't for the peristent chat posts within a Team).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. keyboard shortcut format text

Please add keyboard shortcuts to format text.
    We often need to enter snippets of code etc. Using the format menu is cumbersome and works poorly for multiline monospace text.
    Slack and sites like stackoverflow have an option to use backticks to mark text as code so it is properly formatted as monospaced text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Changing accesability for different channels in one Team

Hello,
    We created Team with nine channels. Every channel is responsible for one team of employees. We need to track ideas from different sites, so everyone can add own idea in their channel. I imagine that everyone from each team of employees can going into different channel (responsible for different team of employees) and can view the ideas from other sites. However I'am afraid of the situation that when many people have access for different channel, they can modify ideas from other sites, and administrators can not to track it. I'd like to set following setup: administrators of channel can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put all the teams in a column at the side again

The teams used to all be in a column on the side however aren't anymore making it more difficult to navigate when it was easier to click on the team at the side

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. automatically hide the team surrounding taskbar when working on documents in teams

the surrounding taskbar actually takes a lot of place, especially when opening documents in teams like powerpoint as an example, automatically hiding the taskbar or having the option to use Full screen mode would greatly increase the overall experience.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop auto formatting pasted text. Its impossible to undo it and forces the rest of the message to use the format from the paste

This is a dumb bug that shows a lack of testing on your part.

1) Type part of a message<br>
    2) copy a class name from either a Pycharm python project or a VS project <br>
    3) paste it into the message <br>

and then try to stop the code/pre formatting somehow in the rest of the message you need to type.

This program needs to accept the text I paste as text and let me do the formatting. Its already Broken AF WRT bullet pointing. How long do you plan on crippling my communication ability with this?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Permit the selection of ""Default Communication Device" for both audio in / out

This permits the use of an external program to switch devices using Windows 10's built-in capability (e.g. via StreamDesk) mid call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add a real emoji picker, please

The emojis in the app are so limited. Teams for PC needs to support picking from all emojis, https://getemoji.com/. Every mobile user on every device has a massive, expressive emoji keyboard based on the standard set. So basically, everyone in the world expects to be able to use those standard emojis, but on PC, they're users are stuck with some random tiny subset of not-great emojis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a Ctrl+G command to switch to a different tenant

Currently, one has to use the mouse and select another tenant from the dropdown menu.

I'd rather have a keyboard shortcut to switch tenants.

Combine it with this: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37710256-open-the-command-bar-by-using-ctrl-shift-p-like-in

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Commands via keyboard/typing only

More/all actions should be available via keyboard/typing., One that kills me is the ability to create code snippets WITH syntax highlighting. I can create a snippet by typing ``` at the very beginning of a response, which is nice, but I can't get syntax highlighting from it. We need more energy put into pure keyboard based usage of Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I would like to install Teams on the latest Tesla Cybertruck, what version of Windows are they using?

I would like to install Teams on the latest Tesla Cybertruck, what version of Windows are they using?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base