Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop up control window when working outside of Teams while in a meeting

in skype, when you minimize the call window, a popup control window allows you still control mute/unmute. i think this would be a cool addition to Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Notification sound on Next Slide during a PowerPoint Presentation

A small Teams Default notification sound when the presenter moves to Next Slide during a PowerPoint Presentation. If the presentation itself contains a sound, it should override the Teams default notification sound. There could be option for the user, in case they would want to hard enable/disable the setting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Disable the bar coming when a key is pressed.

I am an student and I have trouble while pressing the Win+Prt Scrn to take screenshots..

The bar is coming when any key is pressed and that's making no sense hiding the text in documents and pictures.

So please make any other Key combination for that bar.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mute

i want to see a pop up of a mic symbol to know what i am on either i am on mute or not unless i moving the mouse to some place or do any action

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make it simple

Please make it simple as google class room especially in uploading assignment and notebook
    Also give a tutorial /navigation guide in the app on how to use

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Click (anywhere on the chat) to start typing

Clicking anywhere on the chat plane unselects the typing cursor. One has to click on the text bar at the bottom to go back to typing.

For example, if one reacts to a message and starts typing, nothing happens because the cursor is not active on the text bar.

It would help if the typing cursor stays active from the moment you select the chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tone when mic is muted or video toggled

Some of our users have reduced eye site, a small sound when muting mic or video would be nice, something similar to discords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D5kGqSxS0o

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow cc to be recorded on teams meetings

the cc feature in teams meetings is wonderful. it does not record as part of the meeting recording however. can we do this?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sugestao

Ola boa tarde

Gostaria de sugerir ter como responder as mensagens as marcando assim como se faz no whatsapp e também no Skype tradicional.

Esta opção facilita ao poder gerar respostas rápidas no chat do Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Automatically collapse a Team when clicking off/at another location if the Team was originally collapsed

In the list of Teams you have the channels. These can be shown or hidden. You can also hide all by clicking the up arrow to the left of the Team name.

If you click the team name it expands out to show all the unhidden channels and the number of hidden channels.

If you then click another Team or somewhere else in the window, it doesn't collapse the previous Team so you have to click the up arrow again

It should be that if the original Team was collapsed, when you click on another Team (which expands by default…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop hiding the scrollbars!

Simple, stop hiding the scrollbars

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. file shortcut

It would be nice for a file inside of ms teams to be allowed to have a shortcut of itself to be placed inside other ms teams channel folders. Therefore, there isn’t duplication of the same file, yet it’s still accessible from different channels to people who have permissions to access one of the channels that has that shortcut within. When people click that shortcut they are opening the original file from the original folder that it’s in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Alerta de fim de prazo de tarefa

Boa tarde, sou estudante utilizo o teams como um meio para as aulas e sugiro que receba notificacao assim que o prazo da terefa esta prestes a terminar, isso facilitaria os estudantes

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Have all unfinished assignments shown at once

Instead of having to select a team to see if I have an assignment, I want to be able to see every unfinished assignment from every team at once.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select to Speak

I often use the select to speak functionality on other Microsoft suite products as a proofread tool, or to read through lengthy documents. I would find this capability helpful in Teams as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding more account control options [IMPORTANT]

A lot of features MS Teams is missing, we have no control over our accounts, like:
    - We can't delete Chat/Call history.
    - We can't mute specific participants in a meeting when we are not admins.
    - We can't block users.

It would be much better if we can do such things to control our accounts.

Such known service should get more updates with such features to allow the users to use it with no worries.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base