Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cosas

Aplicación lenta. Diferenciar tipos de archivos. No hay diferencia entre responder y escribir un nuevo mensaje. El árbol de grupos mal. Enlaces a otras plataformas

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Copy Last One Word when the sentence is long

Cannot copy the last word in numbers when the sentence is long.
    When the mouse is moving to the last word, the icons like this message and save message keeps popping out. Please see the attachment and please help to fix it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improvements:

--Put a border around, to differentiate from other windows we have open;
    --ability to increase sound when we receive msgs; cannot hear that popcorn ping sound if there is any background noise.
    --automatically follow a team; we wouldn't have created it unless we wanted to follow it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scroll bars visibility in windows, e-mail etc

Not all changes are good or required! The old scroll bars in windows were better as they had good contrast in comparison with windows colour and were visible all the time even colours adjustable by user. The new one make me feel like blind person who have to move their white stick forward to find their way forward! The bars are too thin in grey colour almost the same as colour of the window.

I feel somebody who designed them did not have a clue!! It is sad that something what was designed by young may be too enthusiastic person…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Confirm application close with a "Are you sure" dialogue box option. Configurable in Settings.

Provide an option, through Settings, to prompt before closing the application. It is all too easy, through habit, to click the "X" in the upper right hand corner to close a function but to instead close the entire application

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Microsoft Teams a user friendly app. It's needs to have mpre features like Whatsapp. Enhance the app so that it is quick remove lagtime

Make Microsoft Teams a user friendly app. It's needs to have mpre features like Whatsapp. Enhance the app so that it is quick remove lagtime

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Having a review work optionin assignments for the phone app would be amazing.

Having a review work optionin assignments for the phone app would be amazing.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make highlight of mis-spelled words more noticeable when in Dark or Highlight view modes. The tiny underline is not easily seen in these.

Make highlight of mis-spelled words more noticeable when in Dark or Highlight view modes. The tiny underline is not easily seen in these modes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom URL for Forms

Allow users to create custom URLS for Forms for ease of sharing outside of e-mail or Teams.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Your interface is trash

Clunky, unintuitive display. Reply buttons take up too much space in the feed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Should be able to access all the media (video, images) , document and links that has been shared amongst the chat/channel

Just like whatsapp, when user clicks on a particular chat or channel, there should be provision to access the medua, documents and links shared in that chat or channel.

Its easier to keep track of items that were shared in specific groups.

Favouriting is not easy.

Its really troublesome for me too look for links, images, documents etc .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Simple Text Editor

I would like to be able to post code files to the conversations and teams in which I am active in Teams at Fannie Mae Analytics. Right now we can host a bitbucket website as a tab to be able to view the code, but if I want to share some adhoc code to Teams it is too annoying to have to view online or to have to download and view locally. A simple plaintext viewer with syntax highlighting for major programming languages would be great. This does not have to become a full-fledged notepad++ or anything as we would…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Zu unübersichtlich

Warum ist das hier nur in englisch?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Navigate to date

It is very often necessary to view the history of messages on a specific date. then what you need to scroll with a mouse is just killing the brain

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I want to see all my channels in alpha order every time I log in. How do I do that?

I do not like that I have to constantly click on "other channels" and that the ones that stay up all the time are not the ones I need!
    I have tons of room on my screen so why does the list truncate?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Swipe or click on a message to get an option to respond to that specific message. when one needs to respond to a message, have an option made available to refer to that specific message one is responding to, like one has on the Whatsapp app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Always display names on video tiles

An option to keep video tiles labeled with names at all times, as opposed to only showing somebody's name when you mouse over. I marked this as an accessibility issue because I provide closed captions, and when I join a group of 20 unfamiliar names/faces, it's critical to have a reminder as to who is who. Right now, those names vanish from the tiles after a few seconds, and I have to mouse over to see again who is speaking (or rely on the participants list).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the pick up call button bright green

When a call comes in, the red hang up button is so prominent that I frequently click that by mistake. The pickup button is a dull grey to the left, so it doesn't catch my eye. If it was green it would be more prominent and obvious.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show contacts more prominently

Contacts are hidden under the calling option. But this contact list is helpful also for chats. Like this the list is hidden and it is a nuisance to navigate there from the chat window. Contacts should be a separate function in the sidebar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base