Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Navigate pictures in Files using keyboard

When you open an image (or other files) from the files area in a channel, the image preview appears. However, there is no way to view other images in the same folder without closing the preview (at which point the view resets).
    It would be a great improvement to be able to use the keyboard arrow keys and/or an on screen navigation to step between files in preview mode

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Push to talk

Teams should have the PUSH TO TALK feature which is available in most of the group meeting applications. This makes other applications better than TEAMS. Whenever your teacher/organizer asks something, by the time you take your cursor and click to unmute, everyone has already moved on. Also, Ctrl+Shift+M isn't very comfortable. This creates a lot of problem. Please look into this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Give control using Teams on Ipad

Give another user control when using Teams on IPAD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change group audo/video call icon, so you won't call the group instead single person by mistake

Several times already I have started a group call interrupting many people, while I just wanted to call one person who wrote last messages in the chat. In a hurry it's easy to forget that we're in a group chat.

Attached files: how it looks now and how could it look like.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Slash command for starting a video call

I think there should be a "slash command" for starting a video call with someone.

When I use "/call" it will start a call without my camera on.

My suggestion would be something like "/videocall" or maybe just "/video".

This would be super helpful for people who love working with the keyboard only. And of course, there are people out there who cannot use a mouse at all (for whatever reason).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can we add option to have Captions always on in user settings

It would be very helpful to have this option to have captions always turn on if you know you always need them, instead of going into settings each time, which can sometimes be delayed if the system is slow, missing some of the conversation.

I think just an option in user settings (like where you can change color scheme) would be helpful to have this always default to on when joining a call, so that those who always need it don't have to turn it on each time.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLEASE add/enable Dictate feature in Teams, such as in Microsoft Word & Outlook

Windows 10 Speech recognition BARELY works with Microsoft Teams (but interestingly enough, works reasonably well with other programs), or Microsoft Word, BUT The Dictate button/option in MS Word & Outlook, work GREAT, in those applications. Can this be added to MS Teams, for the ability to dictate chat messages? This would majorly simplify Teams chat functionality. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Navigate to team from channel

I want to be able to navigate to the team from a pinned channel, or a channel that opens from the activity feed.
    When you hover the group logo in the channel, you get a popup window that showes description and links to members, settings and apps. But where are the link to the actual team? Could the team logo be a link to the according team?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customisable keybinding/shortcuts

Teams would have a much better Meeting experience if the keymappings were fully customisable. Action such as raising a hand, muting, turning off video require constant use of the mouse which is unpleasant during a long meeting, or use of Teams clunky pre-existing shortcuts (multiple modifier keys on MacOS).

Users should be able to bind their own keys for ease of use. e.g. space to mute, Ctrl-H to raise a hand, etc. Push to talk would also be useful but less priority (i.e. hold spacebar to temporarily unmute until it is released)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Alphabetical spots and pop up large when they talk as if they were pinned

I wish we could see all students in alphabetical order (with a small timer for attendance) and as they join class they are all in the same spot on the screen daily and as they talk they pop up big, as if they were pinned; you would know who is present faster, and even if their camera is off, they have a window ON the screen. As it is now, I have been moving up and down the participant list to see if some are there (so I don’t have to keep calling them). They say the larger view is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to please have a log of who mutes and kicks who

Many of my classmates are always kicking me or another one of my classmates out of the meeting and muting them
    And my teachers do not know who does it then it turns to some big argument so please can you create a log for microsoft teams for having the ability to see who mutes and kick people out of our meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. iPad Usability

iPad's do not hold camera open when students switch from one app to another.
    iPad's do not have the speakers face permanently in the bottom right corner - times out and goes away with no option to keep it there.
    Mute and camera button also go away with the speaker camera - it could be a stagnant feature on the ipad just as the updated version of the computer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Se esta colgando mucho no reproduce rapido grabaciones y no depende del Internet sino que teams esta cada vez mas lento

Se esta colgando mucho no reproduce rapido grabaciones y no depende del Internet sino que teams esta cada vez mas lento

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an interface option for Teams that is user-friendly for elementary students

The current Microsoft Teasm platform is not easy for young students to navigate. If Teams is being marketed to schools as comparable to Google Classroom or Schoology, the layout and navigation tools need to bEsimplified. Less text, more icons and less clicking around to use Class Notebook.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ver a todos los participantes en la app por celular

Hola! Sugiero que se pueda ver a todos los partecipantes de una reunion en la app por celular, no solo 4 participantes....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In the new update the tabs of "Contacts/Chat" were removed and now we need to select it from a drop down list. It's inconvenient totally.

Please return the tabs for contacts/recent, or if possible make it switchable for tabs/drop down list.
    The violet color - can it be configurable? I'd like my Teams be all-black theme.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think it is very heavy software. I would suggest you that make it a bit light

It does hang my phone every time I open it and phones with less storage of more 20 percent have very hard time handling it

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add other options to Raise Hand, like I'm All Done, I Have a Question, Slow Down, Speed Up, Please Repeat, etc.

Add other options to Raise Hand, like I'm All Done, I Have a Question, Slow Down, Speed Up, Please Repeat, etc. These could be different icons and different colors to easily identify who is indicating what.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base