Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Windows

I chat privately all day and am part of and/or owner of Teams channels as well. I really need to be able to open both a chat window and a Teams window simultaneously so that there is not the constant need for keystrokes to go back and forth. People even get confused and put an entry they meant to put into a channel into a private chat because they forget which window is open. Opening multiple windows will enable you to watch and respond simultaneously just like you have email open all the time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Export complete Chat conversations

Right now if we want to save the conversation of a Chat we do so by individually selecting them one by one.

It will be helpful if we can do that by right clicking a chat window and export/save is gets enabled.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. CONVERSATIONS - Filter most recent at top

Please enable the ability to post the most recent conversation at the top of the feed.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Video/Call button often clicked accidenlty because it is too close to minimize button

I often minimize my app but when I am in a conversation tab with someone, the video/call button is directly under the minimize button and I often hit the video/call button by accident. Please place the button next to the user name but not underneath the minimize button.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Actual keyboard usability

Trying to use Teams with a keyboard is a dreadful experience. I'd like to explain why, here, but it wouldn't do it justice. The product team just needs to use it for a day, trying not to touch the mouse and write down every time they have no choice but to reach for the mouse. Keyboard nav needs a complete overhaul, not the token keyboard shortcuts found on `ctrl+.`.

This applies to the app and the web ui.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy and Paste

When trying to copy and paste, if you hold your mouse over the last word in a sentence a menu tab will show instead and does not allow to copy only that word but instead you will need to copy the whole sentence. Really annoying. That menu should only appear if we do right click.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make cache clear easier

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のキャッシュクリアの簡易化を希望します。

Make cache clear easier
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリ、クライアントアプリ、web アプリはそれぞれキャッシュクリアの手順が異なると認識をしております。
    キャッシュクリアの手順が複雑であるため、ボタン一つでキャッシュクリアを行えるなど、現段階よりも簡易的なキャッシュクリアの実装を希望します。

Microsoft Teams mobile app, client app, web app, they all have different way to clear cache. Make cache clear easier by clearing cache on button click as it may be confusing to some users.

Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame

Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame when running Dark Theme so I can find the bottom corners on top of other "dark mode" things, like Windows Desktop (black), Notepad++ (dark theme), etc.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. speech to text for chat interaction

User on the Tech Community has reported they find the app difficult because they suffer from carpal tunnel and so would like to do chats and start a call by speech. I believe that Teams should be made accessible to all as far as possible

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar

Reactions bar's emoji is useful.
    But, One of the reactions we wanna use most is ": eyes:" emoji.

When we get a notification, We often react to “I'm watching now" by using eyes emoji reaction on Slack.
    If we can do it on Teams, feel super cool !

So We want to add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute microphone

A setting to make use of a keyboard to fast mute/unmute your microphone, this is a very good quality of live feature

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep Tracked Changes in a Word doc within Teams

When reviewing to track changes in a Word doc in Teams I need to open it in Word Online. On making the tracked changes, autosaved, and closed the Tracked changes are changed in the Teams view but not tracked for visibility to another reader... Making any review and tracking within Teams somewhat wasted effort and quite counterproductuve across a joint team effort on a single document.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the 'message delivered' icon green in chats

The icon for delivered messages looks like a clock now, which indicates it is not yet delivered. To make more clear a message is delivered, make it green, or remove the circle on the check mark.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. meeting call me back controls need to be more visible

When joining from a Computer with Teams installed - It's awesome that the dial out function is enabled from the landing screen.
    Many users say they miss that the functionality is even there because of the placement and the fact the coloring blends into the background.
    Can the functionality be made more prominent?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Office Online tabs to respect the dark theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

Allow Office Online tabs (Excel, Word, OneNote, etc) to respect the dark / High Contrast theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

As a sight loss user, this causes a barrier for me in the desktop version of Teams, causing eye strain.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams issue in China

In China, users who use domestic routes, landing teams, Sharepoint, Onedrive is very slow, affecting at least 2,000 people, and the issue is on both OWA and desktop application.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chat Notifications

Currently, the only types of chat notifications available are email, banner or off. Can you fix it to where the chat will show the bubble if you receive a message, without the banner coming out. I don't want to have to read the banner every time someone IMs me, but I'd like to know I have an unread chat, by some kind of flashing notification, similar to what Skype for Business uses.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow us to opt out of the automatic hiding of teams. It keeps hiding the team I use the most!

Provide an option where you can turn off the automatic hiding of teams that haven't been used in a while. The current algorithm has a glitch and it is hiding the Team I use the most. I have to "show" it every day!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base