Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dictate

Add Dictate (as in OneNote, Word) to Teams please

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Emoji

Please add the ]:) and thumbs down emoji. if possible you could just use the emojis that Skype uses just to cover the bases.

thank you

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Higher contrast font colors, more font size choices

Have the font color selection include fonts with better contrast levels from the background. On the standard white background (don't know about others as my company has disabled themes), colors other than black are extremely hard to read.

As other users have noted, please add more font size choices, particularly for Wiki page titles. They are barely distinguishable from subheadings.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. CONVERSATIONS - Filter most recent at top

Please enable the ability to post the most recent conversation at the top of the feed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add "In Review" or "On Hold" to Progress status of a Task

To align with Agile methodologies, which have four status options for "user stories"/tasks, add a fourth option in the Progress drop down menu on each Task. The fourth option could be customizable or could be fixed to either "In Review" or "On Hold." Either gets a similar point across.

The four options in Agile could be:
    to-do
    doing
    in review
    completed

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RSS Connector name and Favicon added to title of post

We have various suppliers RSS feeds going into a Channel for operations \ technical teams to be aware of outages of platforms. However, unlike webhooks these all get posted into the Channel with a title of RSS.

It would be more useful if the name of the RSS feed, which you've got to add "Enter a name for your RSS connection." when you configure it would be used instead.

It would also be great if for a Webhook or RSS feed, it pulled and used the websites Favicon.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a "saved bookmarks" icon on the left along with Activities, etc.

We use bookmarks a lot to make sure we don't miss stuff we want to follow up on. We can access all of our bookmarks under our profile, but it would be far more convenient if we could access it with one click. My suggestion is that there should be a bookmarks icon along the left bar where Activity, Teams, etc. are located.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enter button should return!!!

Its so hard to write something formal, especially to a manager or to another team. Its very irritating when you hit return expecting a return but rather actually send the message, sometimes incomplete...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Actual keyboard usability

Trying to use Teams with a keyboard is a dreadful experience. I'd like to explain why, here, but it wouldn't do it justice. The product team just needs to use it for a day, trying not to touch the mouse and write down every time they have no choice but to reach for the mouse. Keyboard nav needs a complete overhaul, not the token keyboard shortcuts found on `ctrl+.`.

This applies to the app and the web ui.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Office Online tabs to respect the dark theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

Allow Office Online tabs (Excel, Word, OneNote, etc) to respect the dark / High Contrast theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

As a sight loss user, this causes a barrier for me in the desktop version of Teams, causing eye strain.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable scrolling through a channel with keyboard

When I'm working from home, I frequently am using a touchpad and keyboard for my work, so clicking on a scroll button and dragging is really hard and inconvenient.

Expected: When I click the pointer in a channel, a message should be selected, and the up and down arrows should move to the previous and next message, respectively.

Currently: Here is video.
    0:01 I select the channel
    0:04 move my pointer into the channel and click hoping to see a message selected.
    0:07, 0:09 I move a little closer to a message, and click again and again. Still nothing.
    0:10…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow us to opt out of the automatic hiding of teams. It keeps hiding the team I use the most!

Provide an option where you can turn off the automatic hiding of teams that haven't been used in a while. The current algorithm has a glitch and it is hiding the Team I use the most. I have to "show" it every day!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link from Planner app task to actual task in Teams

The Planner app in Teams provides an overview of tasks assigned to a user in various Teams channels.
    Typically it would be useful to be allowed to navigate back to the actual task within Teams to review the task within the context of the channel/tab/etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve the interface

Hi there,

I'm using constantly Teams app and I think it's a good product but not as good as it can be.

I would like to ask you if there is anything in the loop of improving the interface/accessibility.

I always find the current interface not smart or intuitive as you my have to do multiple task in the same time such as: being in a call, taking notes, visualise a document; which if all are in Teams it's impossible to access all at once and currently there is no function of going back to a view from your previous…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the different content sharing options more clearly distinguishable

When sharing content, many users are finding the different options between desktop, window, and presentation difficult to distinguish - especially as they can be a little overwhelming in number! A window is often shared rather then the screen leading to confusion and delay. Please make the different sections much clearer either by making the option label clearer and/or by visually separating them out using tone and/or colour. Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. minimize drop-down arrows won't stay minimized upon returning to tab

In Chat, I have several groups created with multiple people under each. Every time I need to minimize EACH tab because the lists are so long and I can't easily find who I'm looking quickly. However, if I should need to go to another tab within Teams, everything has gone back to the original extended layout and I'm back at square one. Can we get the minimize drop down arrows to stick please?!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remote screen in full screen mode

While controlling remote screen in full-screen mode, I am unable to access lower part of the screen. Please fix the issue ASAP.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fully integrated High-Contrast Accessibility when opening files in Teams

You can make Microsoft Teams better by providing High-Contrast Accessibility support when opening documents within Teams.

Currently, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote files do not open in High Contrast. within Teams.

Selecting the Teams High-Contrast theme has no impact on this action.
    Additionally, Windows 10 High-Contrast settings can't be applied, as the action of opening documents is occurring within the Teams "shell".

Thanks,

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A heavy app

Its a heavy app and it is affecting perfrormance of my phone and my other devices. Besides the layout and tabs could get better. Display/presentation is important these days, work can be done though purple color is fine.
    Im new user to it took me quite some time to understand where and how I can upload my work.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.