Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offer the option for a black background just like the desktop app offers

Offer tue option if a black background just like the desktop app, because it’s much easier to read on smaller screens such as smartphones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Tabs in a channel are not read by JAWS using the desktop app.

channel tabs are not read by JAWS when in virtual cursor mode when using the Teams desktop client

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add more intuitive keyboard controls to Teams

Up/down keystrokes from the main comment box should.... do something.

A forward slash should pull you into the command/search box from the second it's typed as the first char in the comment box.

I shouldn't have to memorize some archane 80s style list of keyboard shortcuts to navigate your app: Be easier than Slack.

To that end, I'll share feedback I also shared with them, encouraging them to add a simple "/reply" command to reply to the last message in a new thread.

How can I start a thread with a / command?

I find myself ignoring or forgetting to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scores

I would like to see an option to put the scores the class, but only the member could see his score, i mean, could creat a scores table, not only de assigments that I have created in the app but the assignment that I have send for others ways. Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. change keyboard functionality

do not let it function as a chat. need to be able to click enter without sending anything

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. start adding some keyboard shortcuts!!! This is a deal breaker for me! You only have the basic ones.

start adding some keyboard shortcuts!!! This is a deal breaker for me! You only have the basic ones.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Just ******* make it like skype

Make it like skype (when it used to work i mean)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bigger team logo

The current size of logos is too small, for most of my users and their team logos. Especially for users with less eye-sight. Only when scaling Windows to 150%, will the logos become distinguishable (1920x1200 at 24").
    Ideally, I would be able to choose between different sizes, and set it for the entire tenant.
    NB. This is not the same aspect as mentioned in "Adjust team picture". My idea is about the appearance to the user, not the ease of uploading.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hyperlinks to OneDrive Folders!

In conversations, one should be able to attach a hyperlink leading to a desired folder in OneDrive for Business. This would be a major help. The goal is to avoid uncontrolled documentation by channeling team members to a file that is dynamic (gets updated through time). Attachments lend themselves to out-of-control document use. For that matter, give the option to NOT be able to download an attachment (view only in Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Rörigt

What is the chatting funktion first not the documents?
    Is this a chatring forum or a work tool??
    I can’t see the difference
    Confusing and uninteresting to use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. wake up microsoft

I've been SCAMMED & now it's impossible to get into my email BECAUSE these scammers know once they change to a 2 step verification THERES NO WAY YOU CAN GET PAST MICROSOFT.
    PLEASE CHANGE THIS SOMEHOW......there's lots of us in this predicament......all we can do is delete you & start a new email with someone else that has a better system. I used to be w.goodearth@hotmail.com NOW SOMEONE ELSE IS USING THIS 7 doing God knows what with it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using teams in classroom students need "code" for invitation

similar to inviting non-team members to the group, students need to have a code to access the group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Messages should always be received

For real this app is a hot mess. We have a very long list of instances where teams has behaved in unexpected ways that cost us time. Feel free to contact me for details

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide alternative to backtick markdown for non-Qwerty keyboard users

On French keyboard (Azerty), the backtick character is one of the harder (if not the hardest) character to type due to its position on the keyboard and the modifier to use (Alt Gr), making it hard to type it with only one hand unless to have cramp by the end of the day.
    Also, compared to Qwerty keyboard, our backtick needs an additional character before being commited.
    So to have a single backtip we need to type [Alt Gr] + [`] then [space], and for a triple backtip for multiline code block we need to type [Alt Gr] + [`]…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.