Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

needs your feedback  ·  Warren responded

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
    Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
    A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
    A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
    -Warren

2. right-click to quote and reply

In Skype, we have a very handful feature that allow us to right-click then choose "Quote" to get a message to be quoted in chat-box.
    I think it would be nice if we could have it on Teams.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Drag and drop function within Teams for folders and documents

Please add function where you can drag and drop Teams folders within one another

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Up Arrow / Keyboard to Edit Last Message in Teams / Channels

When will this be added to the compose message textbox in the Teams / Channels area of the app? It currently only functions in Chats and I'm sure a lot of people that voted for that (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16932934-up-arrow-to-edit-last-message) meant a vote for Channels / Teams, too or maybe even more importantly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. auto hide sidebar should hide after choosing channel/team

When the side bar is on auto-hide (when window is sized to a smaller width), once a Team channel is clicked, the sidebar should auto-hide again.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make it more clear when chatting in a group change vs. private chat

Please make it more clear you are in a group chat. There have been several times a user will say something in group chat and think they are in a private chat. A different color background and/or color font and/or icon to indicate a group chat.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Video/Call button often clicked accidenlty because it is too close to minimize button

I often minimize my app but when I am in a conversation tab with someone, the video/call button is directly under the minimize button and I often hit the video/call button by accident. Please place the button next to the user name but not underneath the minimize button.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. delete chats

delete chats, I can not lend my computer because someone can read old conversations,

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make cache clear easier

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のキャッシュクリアの簡易化を希望します。

Make cache clear easier
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリ、クライアントアプリ、web アプリはそれぞれキャッシュクリアの手順が異なると認識をしております。
    キャッシュクリアの手順が複雑であるため、ボタン一つでキャッシュクリアを行えるなど、現段階よりも簡易的なキャッシュクリアの実装を希望します。

Microsoft Teams mobile app, client app, web app, they all have different way to clear cache. Make cache clear easier by clearing cache on button click as it may be confusing to some users.

Thank you for your consideration.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Configure font size

Configure font size

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Option to close\hide multiple chat windows

From the recent tab, if we could right click and an option to close\hide multiple chat windows. Precious seconds are lost for those who don't use keyboard shortcuts.
    Another idea could be adding a checkbox when mouse howers over. This way we can quickly select chats and then close them at once.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame

Put a very thin gray border around the main window frame when running Dark Theme so I can find the bottom corners on top of other "dark mode" things, like Windows Desktop (black), Notepad++ (dark theme), etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. speech to text for chat interaction

User on the Tech Community has reported they find the app difficult because they suffer from carpal tunnel and so would like to do chats and start a call by speech. I believe that Teams should be made accessible to all as far as possible

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Copy and Paste

When trying to copy and paste, if you hold your mouse over the last word in a sentence a menu tab will show instead and does not allow to copy only that word but instead you will need to copy the whole sentence. Really annoying. That menu should only appear if we do right click.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Microsoft whiteboard in a Teams channel

Add Microsoft whiteboard in a Teams channel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it easier to highlight and copy parts of the message without the "More Options, Bookmark, Like" option appearing.

Make it easier to highlight and copy parts of the message without the "More Options, Bookmark, Like" option appearing.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make the 'message delivered' icon green in chats

The icon for delivered messages looks like a clock now, which indicates it is not yet delivered. To make more clear a message is delivered, make it green, or remove the circle on the check mark.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Kiosk Mode

There is currently no native way to put Teams in kiosk mode so that the user remains within the application.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. meeting call me back controls need to be more visible

When joining from a Computer with Teams installed - It's awesome that the dial out function is enabled from the landing screen.
    Many users say they miss that the functionality is even there because of the placement and the fact the coloring blends into the background.
    Can the functionality be made more prominent?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transcribe audio messages sent from Teams mobile app

In addition to making the audio content searchable, a transcription would allow hearing impaired individuals to consume audio messages sent from Mobile clients.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.