Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Raised hand reminder

people often forget that the raised hand icon is still raised after saying what they wanted to. So the suggestion is to either deactivate the icon after it is detected that the person has spoken or simply flash a reminder to the person that your hand is still raised, put down or keep raised

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. User Status is confusing for Busy, In Meeting, on call

For Busy, In Meeting and On Call, all shows same Red color circle as status. I am not able get from icon until I hover on it and read the tooltip. :(

It should be different for each status so that user can get the meaning from its icon itself.
    Thanks.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. mute button

Change the MUTED mute button color to highlight that its MUTED or OPEN ( RED/GREEN) background ( not just text )

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to close\hide multiple chat windows

From the recent tab, if we could right click and an option to close\hide multiple chat windows. Precious seconds are lost for those who don't use keyboard shortcuts.
    Another idea could be adding a checkbox when mouse howers over. This way we can quickly select chats and then close them at once.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. User Setting to define how many video windows to display.

Visually impaired staff have found the move to a 3 x 3 grid problematic as they find it harder to see the images. Could there be a user defined setting which enables people to determine whether they wish to display 2x2, 3x3 grid plus whatever it ends up moving to.

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Let me write on turned in assignment, please!

Would be more user friendly if I could write comments on a turned in assignment while I grade it, as I can do with a paper assignment.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Seperate windows for conversations

Rather than every conversation being on the main teams window, they could appear in their own smaller individual window, similar to Skype for business

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. autocorrect in chat

In Chat, please could we set up autocorrect words for frequently used words or frequent mistakes - like we can in Office docs.Or could Teams use the Office autocorrect list? For instance, when typing in a hurry on a UK keyboard I often type "can;t" instead of "can't". I'd love autocorrect to fix this automatically for me - it works in Outlook as I've set up a correction.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Higher contrast font colors, more font size choices

Have the font color selection include fonts with better contrast levels from the background. On the standard white background (don't know about others as my company has disabled themes), colors other than black are extremely hard to read.

As other users have noted, please add more font size choices, particularly for Wiki page titles. They are barely distinguishable from subheadings.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. caption

Live Meeting Closed Captions scrolling.

The new live closed captions during meetings are awesome!!
    Sometimes people talk extremely fast and the captions scroll away before I can read everything. Would it be possible to make the captioning window larger and add the ability to scroll back and forth?

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export complete Chat conversations

Right now if we want to save the conversation of a Chat we do so by individually selecting them one by one.

It will be helpful if we can do that by right clicking a chat window and export/save is gets enabled.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Color Coding

Can we color code the calendar with our categories like we do in Outlook?

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. be able to create shortcuts that link to your most used files and folders within teams.

be able to create shortcuts to files and folders within teams.
    the shortcut be able to link to a folder in a different team, you would only see this as long as you are a member of that team.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow users to change FONT SIZE in settings.

The system font size is NOT enough (relative sizing). If I increase font size in OS it messes up other apps I need the ability to chane the size just in Teams

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Font Options

Add the option to change and save font color, style, size in message box.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having multiple windows for each tchat

Having multiple windows for each tchat

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Dragon Naturally Speaking

Better integration with Dragon Naturally Speaking software. Since my company upgraded from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams I have lost the ability to be directly into Teams using the voice-to-text software Dragon Naturally Speaking, and rather it requires a cumbersome pop-up box. Skype for Business did not have this problem and worked just the same as Word, Excel, Outlook, Chrome, etc. Teams has lost its ability

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Microsoft Teams accessibility

Microsoft Teams is not as accessible for blind persons, as it is necessary for them to work with it independently. When using a screenreader, it is very difficult for a blind user to get to the material (s)he wishes to find. This is the result of a test in the downloaded app version, in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer: In all cases, it is very difficult to navigate well and e.g. get all documents (and screenreading softrware Virtual Jaws doesn’t improve the situation). It is important to explore how to improve this, as Microsoft Teams is getting more and more…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base