Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. minimize drop-down arrows won't stay minimized upon returning to tab

In Chat, I have several groups created with multiple people under each. Every time I need to minimize EACH tab because the lists are so long and I can't easily find who I'm looking quickly. However, if I should need to go to another tab within Teams, everything has gone back to the original extended layout and I'm back at square one. Can we get the minimize drop down arrows to stick please?!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. start Calling from Chat

Is it possible to click on a phone number (Maybe on adaptive Cards) to start a calling from Chat ?
    On Mobile iOS app this works ( because of os feature)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Making uservoice linked to Office 365 account

It would be amazing if the main feedback platform provided more integration with the Office 365 platform itself. This would increase the participation rate of these items and may provide valuable data to link with the in-app new release feedback hub.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need the chat to be most functional. Like wats app. It’s hard to navigate chats.

Too messy. Needs less noise for mobile application. It reads like a desktop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More screen space for conversations on Android

Hi everyone,

I would like to share feedback on the chat experience in Teams on Android.

When the keyboard opens in a chat window there is too little space left to see the actual conversation.

It would be nice to have other icons and panes reduced and leave more chat/conversation space.

Thank you
    Alexander

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cursor location when entering Korean into chat window.

When you type Korean into the chat window, the cursor is displayed in front of the letter. Usually, the cursor is entered after the letter, and this improvement is required when entering Korean.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. left arrow

There is a left arrow button way up left. Can we have that matched to keyboard Shortcut: Alt+LeftArrow? Plus, the right arrow matched to Alt+RigthArrow?

This matches what is in the browser and outlook. it allows you to move back and forth with using alt+Left/Rigth Arrow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Speech Speakable on screen content, Read back using two finger pull down, it works on Skype for business, so allow TEAMS content of screen

when i have many Channels to review, i don't have time to read then all, BUT IF i could listen to them, by letting my phone read them aloud, let siri when i pull down two finger or cortona read my screen or the page or the message back to me. text to speakable content. i use my voice to add item in teams, so now let teams READ by Speech back to me. if there is a way to do this now? please do let me know.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. view

When viewing documents in teams on my laptop the Team bars, name of document, (start conversation box and comment box), the bar with file, edit, data, review and then the sub menu (which I know you can minimise) along with the bar which shows the navigation within the excel spreadsheet is all/togerther so large that I don't get to see much of the actual excel spreadsheet. This isn't helpful, all the other bars need to be made much smaller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The links to share docs are too long

Have à link shortener
    Dont use(show) %20 for space

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give the design focus more on the chat window.

In Slack, the only area of the screen that's white is the main chat area so you can focus at any given time on what's being said, but in Teams you have white on both the chat windows and the sidebar, drawing the attention of the eye away from the thing we care about: the current convorsation.

You also use the same colour for the search bar at the top, and the icons at the side. In short, the design is all over the place resulting in the feeling that I'd rather be using Slack, or any other app whose…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to edit in excel

I am unable get my teams to let me open a doc in regular excel. It says that it's working on it but it never loads.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hit-a-Hint / access keys shortcuts

Add hit-a-hint shortcuts (similar to Alt + [Key] in Microsoft Office) for quicker and more ergonomic navigation within Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add messages to "to do list" on outlook by one click

teamsのメッセージを、直接outlookのtodoリストに追加できる機能が欲しいです。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add "In Review" or "On Hold" to Progress status of a Task

To align with Agile methodologies, which have four status options for "user stories"/tasks, add a fourth option in the Progress drop down menu on each Task. The fourth option could be customizable or could be fixed to either "In Review" or "On Hold." Either gets a similar point across.

The four options in Agile could be:
    to-do
    doing
    in review
    completed

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve presentation of files in Teams

1) Every time I want to find a file, I have to resort the list on its name; and each time I return to the list, it has resorted by the time modified. This is an unnecessary and irksome step. The last sort order should be preserved when returning to the files list.

2) The system sorts numbers in the file name as if they were alphabetic, so that 16 comes before 2 or any number starting with a numeral larger than 1. This may be unavoidable -- the same problem occurs in other programs, but it would be nice…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 'User has switched to Skype for Business'... Ability to close this

'User has switched to Skype for Business. Start a new chat.' Put an 'X' on this so I can close out of it. It's just always there. Why?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base