Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. improve readability of the contents of a meeting in microsoft teams

when opening a teams meeting, the contents of the meeting is quite unreadable. I now go back to outlook and open the invitation to read and go trough any topics.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. In teams web application better to have share screen option

Better to have sharing option in teams web application

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Personalized Initials

My coworker and I have the same initials, so it would be really nice if we could change our initials, or add a middle initial, without changing our names. (see attached)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Visual Pod for use by Sign Language Interpreter

Please add a visual pod that can locked in place to show a sign language interpreter. The captioning is good, but our Deaf and Hard of Hearing community has indicated that an interpreter does better and allow for indication when the speaker has changed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat /Groups: when I click "Add a contact to this group" a second windows opens. here I want to enter the name but have to choose field 1st

Chat >Groups: "Add a contact to this group"
    a second windows opens.
    here I want to enter the name but I have to choose field 1st.
    Why the cursor doesn't jump into it by itself?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move Request control button to More Actions and Replace with Full Screen

Move Request control button to More Actions and Replace with Full Screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Captions Location Moveable

The caption location should be moveable. In the current configuration, captions are only displayed at the bottom of the window, whereas the web camera is at the top of the screen. As a result, the user needs to look away from the camera in order to read the captions.

Similarly, there should be the option to always keep the captions on top, regardless of which window/application is in focus.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accessibility issue with new "Turn off animations" feature

First, thank you for finally implementing the "turn off animations" feature. I'm sure a lot of users are extremely happy right now. However, one thing that I noticed is that rather than creating a static image of the gif as Slack does, Microsoft has provided a "play video" button. The "play video" button makes it look as if the Gif is a video and the high res image that comes through for the Gif I used doesn't really make me question that it's not a video. I'm guessing the video option was done for people who find Gifs distracting but…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. make images work

It would be good if when you send an image to someone, they can see it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix screen share glitch with dual monitors

(This is a bug, imo, that needs to be fixed.)

When I share my screen when using dual monitors, this is what happens:

1. my screen is shared (as evidenced by the red frame)

2. the main Teams window is minimized

3. the small video overlay window is placed in the lower right corner of the screen being shared

This is annoying, because I put the Teams window with video on the screen I'm not sharing. It's unnecessary to rearrange my screen as if I have only one.

When I share my screen, I don't want the main Teams window to be minimized.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Por favor, apenas deixe de existir, amém 🙌🙏🙏🙏

Eu não aguento mais, em nome da minha saúde mental, suma, eu vou entrar em depressão não é meme.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Distinguish access to remote Teams App from a shared screen from access to local Teams App

The color of the Teams components can't be configured and due to the fact that a control bar of a shared screen of another user looks and behaves the same in almost the same location it would be helpful when any access to the remote screen/app/control is marked with a colored boundary like a window in the select dialog of screen sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Tool bar , front end improvement for primary grade students (Upto Standard 4)

1) Icon for raise hand/ lower hand remains hidden when Teams is used on Tablet, on laptop it is readily visible. Please update Teams to make Hand visible on Tablet screen too. Also icon sizes should be larger and colourful.Mute/unmute/hand/audio/video stop start option should be made easier (considering primary students too)
    2) Toolbar interfere with the ppt or slides shared by Teacher and while clicking on mute / unmute option students click on slide and start changing the slide. Please shift toolbar at top , also make it visible all the time. It hides when not in use....kids (primary school)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. shortcut planner

It would be nice to have shortcuts dedicated to planner.

For instance, you could directly submit a new task.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. customize control toolbar (the one with raise hand)

user can define its position & transparency because it always block the shared screen at the bottom.
    Also, can the users picture row become smaller at the very bottom of the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. VUmeter to visually monitor mic input.

It would be nice if you could see visually when the microphone is open and its volume level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen shot image & edit image option to share in chat, make a shortcut key for screen shot

if teams have screen shot & edit particular screen shot it would be a better, & shortcut key to open screen shot from teams, it great

like wechat has screen shot by clicking Alt +A, can edit images and write text can undo it..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add settings tab

Add a tab to edit settings without having to go into the call to adjust video and audio settings for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Speaker Icon on the caller screen like beside the mic along with option list

As we usually connect multiple devices for audio output like laptop speaker or headset or Bluetooth headset speaker, but when lifting the call or while calling we are missing of audio and later releasing that audio output need to change. Can you give the option beside the mic instead of giving in device settings?
    It would be great if you provide this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Configuration for voice notes

Some voice mail are getting sent as we dont cut the calls. Enable a configuration so that we can stop this feature we have confidential voice notes being sent by mistake. Please add a congiguration so that we can disable this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base