Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. visibility

I need better definition of windows EDGES. I suffer from Glaucoma and I cannot make out the EDGES of WINDOWS. I get lost trying to figure out where the corners and edges are so I often cannot close windows or even know what things are in what window. IT'S MOREFRUSTRATING THAT A BSOD!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. desktop version needs to better suit or adapt to size of screen

The desk top app needs 2/3 the width of my 15 inch screen in order to show the scroll bar on the right hand side. This is very impractical when trying to use the programme whilst doing other work. Whilst I can make the window smaller, the scroll bar disappears and I can't navigate through the chat log.

It would be good if I can choose to scale down the programme since I don't really need the top bar (with search option) to be as bit as it is, when I'm using the laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add rotating screen. Make things right

Rotating screen/landscape. Standard feature in mobile apps.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create a "saved bookmarks" icon on the left along with Activities, etc.

We use bookmarks a lot to make sure we don't miss stuff we want to follow up on. We can access all of our bookmarks under our profile, but it would be far more convenient if we could access it with one click. My suggestion is that there should be a bookmarks icon along the left bar where Activity, Teams, etc. are located.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Increase working area, when using excel, with the top and sides panels, working area is very small.

Increase working area, when using excel, with the top and sides panels, working area is very small.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Office documentation is locked while editing in Microsoft Teams

When I open another tab of the Office documentation while editing in Microsoft Teams and try to work on the original documentation, following message may be shown, “Another user (aka my name) is currently editing it”.
    This file lock problem is announced in the below article, refer to “Another user is editing the file” section:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/unlock-a-file-that-has-been-locked-for-editing-bdda0d41-1b8e-44ed-a6ae-6d095d37c22d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

I have to wait for a while till the documentation would become editable, but this would be a really frustrated situation.
    I would request the function improvement to allow unlock the file when working with another tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OSX Hotkey CMD+1 to show window

Please add "CMD+1" to open the window when it is minimized or hidden, this is pretty standard on OSX as far as I can tell.

Or customizable hot keys.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for change of background/font colors

Allow us to change fonts or background colors as default grey font on white background makes it really hard to see...

125 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There is a bug in the text-to-speech feature for Italian language

If you enable text-to-speech, for example in Word, text as follows

«Buona notte.»

is read as

BUONA NOTTE PUNTO

that is, the period at the end is read, not ignored as expected. This occurs only if guille­mets are used. Please, note that guillemets are very common in Italian language for dialogues, and that punctuation mark is always inside the quotation marks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Microsoft Teams a user friendly app. It's needs to have mpre features like Whatsapp. Enhance the app so that it is quick remove lagtime

Make Microsoft Teams a user friendly app. It's needs to have mpre features like Whatsapp. Enhance the app so that it is quick remove lagtime

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Edited messages timestamp removed in chat

When a message is edited, timestamp is replaced with "edited". It would be helpful to leave the timestamp as is and show "edited" next to it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Personalised shortcuts

For anyone who uses the proper version of Skype regularly we will be familiar with the need of pesonalised shortcuts.

This product cannot be taken seriously until this functionality is available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. auto hide sidebar should hide after choosing channel/team

When the side bar is on auto-hide (when window is sized to a smaller width), once a Team channel is clicked, the sidebar should auto-hide again.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Drag and drop function within Teams for folders and documents

Please add function where you can drag and drop Teams folders within one another

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the default to respond to the latest conversation not start a new one

When I open the app it automatically goes to a new conversation. It would be better if it went to the conversation for which I received a notification. Maybe make a + button for new conversations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enter button should return!!!

Its so hard to write something formal, especially to a manager or to another team. Its very irritating when you hit return expecting a return but rather actually send the message, sometimes incomplete...

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base