Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deaf signers, cuers - Improve Video resolution to keep up with visual langyahe, etc.

My colleagues and I avoid using Teams because the video resolution is choppy when signing and cueing. Other programs don’t have this problem as often. Please improve video/streaming resolution/speed to keep up with ASL, CS, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. For Deaf ASL users and all teachers - don’t crop participant videos

Teams - for deaf ASL/CS users and all teachers - don’t crop participant videos, or make an easy way to turn it off. It cuts off ASL and CS access. I can’t use Teams to teach or communicate with my coworkers because of this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Signing in and switching multiple accounts

Can develop options to login with multiple accounts and switch it simultaneously. Then current way of logging out and logging in takes too much of time, thus a feature to switch between multiple accounts swiftly will be useful similar to we use our outlook mails with multiple accounts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow live caption subtitles to be viewed as text data

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ライブ キャプション機能の字幕をテキストデータとして確認する機能の実装を希望します。
    Allow live caption subtitles to be viewed as text data

■Description(内容):
    現在プレビュー版での提供ではありますが、今後、ライブ キャプション機能の字幕をテキストデータとして確認する機能の実装を希望します。

Currently this is available in the preview version, but please make it possible to view subtitles from the live caption function as text data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. if we could sign in with many accounts it would be more wonderfull

My idea is that if everyone could access more than one accounts in Microsoft Teams it would be more wonderful. While now I am facing a problem that I need to download teams again to access another account in the same device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allowing multiple tabs

It is SO annoying that I cannot view multiple Teams pages at once! I have to continuously press back to view certain info I was looking at. I have heard the same complaint from colleagues - there should be an option to view multiple tabs on Teams at once!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Visibility - No options to make the text larger as its too small even in full screen view. Plus the option of making the screen white as the

Skype layout is cleaner as you can have the users on the call, the message window is also visable and the screen background is white in meeting presentation mode. You can also increase the visibility of the font size. User ability options need to be improved. My eyes struggle if the contrast is not light - so there should be an option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove auto popup of reactions in message. It's easy to accidentally react to a message while reading it.

Remove auto popup of reactions in a message. It's easy to accidentally react to a message while reading it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. [Mispost Prevention] Change background color/pattern for each Private Chat Room

Private chat rooms actually have 2 types; 1-on-1 or multiple recipients.

In 1 on 1 rooms we talk more privately, but the design of private chat rooms are totally the same, so I sometimes accidentally reply to a person not knowing it's a community room.

My suggestions are;
    1. Change the color of background by default between 1on1 and community rooms.

1. Add feature to customize the background of the room.

There may be more ways to prevent it, want to know other hints!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Covid19 & WFH related statuses

Please introduce two new statuses i.e. "On Lunch Break" and "On Tea Break".

This is needed in these times of Covid19 and Work from Home.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Similar to "Compact Mode" request, but more like my concise "Skype" panel. I just want to see my contacts and their status. Thank you.

My Skype panel for contacts is very concise and useable- I don't need to take up space for the "chat" window, unless I am in a chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New comunicator development or downgrade to Skype.

Dear Microsoft please just put Teams into the bin and develop new comunicator. Skype was OK!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. can we be able to click on the specific bubble chat I would like to reply

When you wish to reply to an specific bubble chat and you wish to reply to that message in particular. Like it is used in whatsapp and Messenger where you click or slide the bubble chat message and reply to that message. Would be very handy for big group chats like We do now that we are all working from home permanently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow live captions to be used in the 'Make a Call' feature, not just when you schedule meetings

Allow the option to select live captions at all times. Currently, you can only select live captions during scheduled meetings with others. We should be able to use the live captions option whether it's a meeting or an unscheduled call.

Also thanks for the update of showing who is speaking with the captions in meetings. it's very helpful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Find

The ability to do find a subject or key words within a conversation. I find it difficult to research a chat on previous conversations. It would be nice to have a search feature within a chat session.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. new chat icon

placement of new chat icon not intuitive. It took me an embarrassing amount of time to think to look in the menu bar since every other chat function button is in the chat window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unread should be a default view on Activity and Chat

Unread should be default view on Activity and Chat so I can see the new items without having to set the View filter each time I change between Chat and Activity

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Scrolling More User Friendly

Currently, scrolling is limited to sliding a bar vertically. There is no control over how fast the scroll moves, which is inefficient when looking for a particular item or conversation. Also, if scroll bar is at the bottom of the screen, passing the cursor/mouse over the top of the scroll area does not even make the scroll bar appear. Huge inconvenience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 79 80
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base