Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

Add a plus button to start new conversations in the CHAT area. Put it in the top right corner of the Recent/Contacts section.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Do what slack does

Do what slack does

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Win Key + 'S' Key + person's name (Windows Integration) goes directly to person's chat in Teams

In Windows, just like launching an application with Win+S and writing the application name, it would be helpful to type in the person's name and get the option to open their chat box in Teams by entering the return key when selected. Currently there is only an option to send an e-mail through this method.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. mute button

Change the MUTED mute button color to highlight that its MUTED or OPEN ( RED/GREEN) background ( not just text )

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. TEAMS startup

TEAMS starts up with cropped window size at the top. Please let it start with full screen. with space at the top it often keeps user confusing on which screen gets closed and minimized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to allow outside sound (from other apps or OS) during calls. Right now on call no other sound is allowed.

Right now if I am in a call, then the speakers are taken over by Teams and no other outside app is allowed to play sound. I can't find a setting or have any other way to change the behavior. To hear outside Teams app sound from other apps I have to leave the meeting or call. This is not acceptable, and other apps should be able to be heard for notifications or other noises while the teams call is going.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. contact list as separate side bar

skype has a nice contacts list sidebar, then when you text the person on there its a nice lil window... this is too clunky to have the chat attached continually to the contacts.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please, can you add more than 15 conversations to keep it?

Hi,
    If you can add he number of conversations to stick will be really usefull

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export complete Chat conversations

Right now if we want to save the conversation of a Chat we do so by individually selecting them one by one.

It will be helpful if we can do that by right clicking a chat window and export/save is gets enabled.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

Be able to move folder to another folder or to another place in MS TEAMS

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change to emoji UI

I and others at my location have expressed dislike for how the new emoji options in teams show up whenever you hover over any comment or post.

we feel that it would be much better to bring back the like button and make the emoji menue only apear when you hover over the like button.
    if more clarification is needed please let me know eawtemjodub@office365support.co

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Seperate windows for conversations

Rather than every conversation being on the main teams window, they could appear in their own smaller individual window, similar to Skype for business

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User Status is confusing for Busy, In Meeting, on call

For Busy, In Meeting and On Call, all shows same Red color circle as status. I am not able get from icon until I hover on it and read the tooltip. :(

It should be different for each status so that user can get the meaning from its icon itself.
    Thanks.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change Default Keyboard Shortcuts

Please consider adding an option for users to customize keyboard shortcuts to fit their preferences! (If I had a dollar for every time that I hit Enter instead of the [ ' ] key, thus sending a cryptically fragmented message...)

While there currently exists a discrepancy between pressing Enter to send and pressing Shift+Enter to start a new line, I believe many users would find it helpful to have to option of DISABLING the Enter to Send shortcut.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Focusing chat text box

By default all chat apps when opened on chat window have focus to start typing. I would love teams have that included at least as an option

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ocultar ao minimizar que nem o outlook

ocultar ao minimizar que nem o outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)