Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for French/Français (Canada) keyboard shortcuts in MacOS

I have a French "Français (Canada)" keyboard with a Mac. Trying to type a forwardslash / in a text field using the normal keystroke, option-é, brings up the keyboard shortcut menu instead of typing a forwardslash. The default shortcut for this menu is option-/ on a US keyboard. Changing the keyboard language in Teams to French "Français (France)" nominally changes the keyboard shortcut to command-shift-/ but the actual behavior does not change. Typing option-é with the keyboard set to French still opens the keyboard shortcut menu, which shows the shortcut as command-shift-/ despite the actual…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. shortcut for launch on startup

If I want to have app launch automatically on start up, I would prefer a quick shortcut option to tick yes or no within the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Conversation layout and custom speach buble/text colour options

I work for a website accessibility firm, I find when using assistive magnification the conversation bubbles are miles apart from each other which makes reading sequence difficult. If you could change the way the layout of the bubbles appears so have them all left aligned or just have your reply tabbed in once this would help. Also It would be helpful if we had the choice of colours to use in Dark mode and Hi Vis mode or have a separate custom colour option. In High contrast mode the active or busy icons are difficult to see the tick or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete our recorded video's

So i recorded accidently my video conference, it is shared in the chat and i can't delete it. There is not more options for the recorded video's ☹☹

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Replace "Immersive Reader" with read highlighted text (Speech function) as with all MS Office products

Replace "Immersive Reader" with read highlighted text (Speech function) as with all MS Office products

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Keyboard shortcut to mute microphone = M not Ctrl-Shift-M

Please follow Slack and make "M" mute microphone instead of Ctrl-Shift-M.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. keyboard shortcut - hide chat notification on screen quickly

keyboard shortcut to hide chat notification on screen, when Teams window is not open but notification pops up

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. smart autocompletion

Suggest word completions as we type (in the chat)
    for e.g.

sug<tab> autoc<tab> (shows the words 'suggest' and on tab, completes it...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting Chat needs to show when others are typing (hearing impaired)

While in a meeting, you cannot tell when others are typing. This is a problem when scheduling meetings with hearing impaired attendees who rely on chat to communicate (we are constantly typing over each other since we cannot tell when someone else is working on a response).
    Teams does do this when a direct chat is setup between two people, but not in meetings.

Please show when attendees are typing so we can use meetings with chat to effectively include hearing impaired attendees.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. autocorrect in chat

In Chat, please could we set up autocorrect words for frequently used words or frequent mistakes - like we can in Office docs.Or could Teams use the Office autocorrect list? For instance, when typing in a hurry on a UK keyboard I often type "can;t" instead of "can't". I'd love autocorrect to fix this automatically for me - it works in Outlook as I've set up a correction.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In dark mode, make the "available/away/busy" status color coded (not in black and white)

Have the status indicator red/green/yellow instead of white for all statuses

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make /goto command also access single chats, similar to Slack's "Cmd + K"

We have a lot of people in our Teams account, and in the chat sidebar, if I want to chat to someone, it's a pain to be forced to find them in the list. Sometimes the person I want to chat with isn't in that list.

I could use keyboard command Cmd + E to enter the search bar, then type /chat and then type the user, scroll to the user, then start a message, but that is some classic Microsoft CLUNK.

Please please please consider expanding the /goto function (Cmd + G) to also reference users. This would give…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Large visible indicator when mic is on/off

Can you add a REALLY BIG, RED, partially transparent BANNER, that's always on top and says MY MIC IS ON (& maybe GREEN when its off)?

Macular degeneration makes little stuff (like the mic icon) disappear sometimes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve mobile channel selection tap target

A fat-finger error is happening when trying to select/tap channels from the channel list panel on the mobile app. The channel checkbox action often gets mistaken for opening the channel itself. The tap target needs to be improved to avoid this error.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Different chat colors for each user in a group

I would like to see different background chat color for each user in a group so that I can quickly know who is saying it. This will be helpful in longer conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dark Mode on Shifts App

While we do have dark mode for Teams desktop app, the Shifts app itself doesn't seem to have a dark mode, at least not that I can see. Would be nice for Shifts app to follow dark mode set on Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. As a user, I need to change font size and type, so I can use the tools with my vision impairment and dyslexia disorder

As a user, I need to change font size and type, so I can use the tools with my vision impairment and dyslexia disorder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pinned Channels - Increase Bold Font When There are New Messages

Pinned channels with new messages appear to be slightly bold, but with the dark theme it's hard to tell which channels are bold (have new messages) and which are not.

Please make the pinned channels with new messages even more bold than pinned channels with no new messages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base