Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pin Most Used Folders to Teams window

pin a specific file folder from within a Team that you navigate to frequently under your Teams listed in the left side pane so you don't have to navigate through many folders in your Team to get to the one you use everyday.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I don’t want to lose my position in a document (i.e SharePoint) after replying to a message in another tab.

It’s really counter productive. When you’re sending a lot of messages and editing a document, it means you either have to ignore the chat window or have to find your document again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Be able to delete a conversations

Can't seem to delete conversations. I have messages showing up from weeks ago but want to delete it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Want to reply to particular message just like Whatsapp on desktop version

If we want to reply to particular message just like option which is available while accessing from Teams on Mobile, the same should have on desktop versions. It's good for replying to particular message in group chats while working.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to see how contacts can be grouped together by availability so I know who is available on site at a quick glance.

I would like to see how contacts can be grouped together by availability so I know who is available on site at a quick glance. So in case of Emergency I can make sure all the employees are accounted for.
    Thank you :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. keyboard shortcut format text

Please add keyboard shortcuts to format text.
    We often need to enter snippets of code etc. Using the format menu is cumbersome and works poorly for multiline monospace text.
    Slack and sites like stackoverflow have an option to use backticks to mark text as code so it is properly formatted as monospaced text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. No Separate Browser Window in HyperLinks

I want to put a link to create a chat in teams in my email signature, that does NOT open a separate browser window. This URL to create a chat link opens a browser window and then reverts to the TEAMS browser.

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=username@domain.com&topicname=Chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve Microsoft Teams accessibility

Microsoft Teams is not as accessible for blind persons, as it is necessary for them to work with it independently. When using a screenreader, it is very difficult for a blind user to get to the material (s)he wishes to find. This is the result of a test in the downloaded app version, in Google Chrome and Internet Explorer: In all cases, it is very difficult to navigate well and e.g. get all documents (and screenreading softrware Virtual Jaws doesn’t improve the situation). It is important to explore how to improve this, as Microsoft Teams is getting more and more…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add contact to group dialog

When I "Add a contact to this group" please put the cursor into the name field. I should be able to start typing the name as soon as the dialog appears. It's the ONLY field there. Neither of the buttons should be defaults, at least until there is a name in the field.
    Little frustrations are souring issues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it easier to navigate to a specific private chat

When you are on that chat tab on teams so you can see all your private message channels, if you want to navigate to a new private chat with a specific person (person A) if you click by their profile picture it does not navigate you to your chat with person A, instead it opens up this annoying more details dialog which then completely blocks the area you need to click to open that private channel with them, now you have to move your mouse away to get rid of that popup and move it back and HOPEFULLY don't leave…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sharing two screens at the same time

In a world with multiply side by side monitors, it would be nice to be able to share both monitors if the recipient also has 2 monitors to share across.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include Reply option when using Teams in PC

hi it would be easy if we have the reply option for the particular message being sent in chats. say in Mobile, If I long press the chat, I can see the reply option, similarly if we have reply option when use PC , by clicking those three dots on the chat right corner and if we have reply option there, will be very helpful for the receiver and sender to understand on what context the sender is replying for.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Desktop interface

Our team sometimes accidentally starts new topics on the teams desktop app.
    The ‘reply’ and ’start new thread’ boxes are very close to each other, and are sometimes mixed up.
    What should have been a reply is a new thread in those cases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. cache where I left off in a Team, Chat or Channel. Every time I switch tabs I go back to the default home screen.

Every time I need to switch tabs it would be nice to go back in to a Chat, Team, or channel where I had previously left off. Especially when I had navigated a few levels down and was deep into a channels shared files and folders.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quote option in context menu on message

Add quote option in context menu on message and retire that guy who designing this messenger.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Split Screen when in a meeting

When in a meeting allow the shared content screen to go to half of the teams window while the other half has teams functionality (chat, groups, files etc.) to allow better multitasking. Either right/left or top/bottom orientation would be preferable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide keyboard shortcut to open the captioning settings pane

Currently the only way to toggle the closed captions view as well as manage your settings is to mouse or tab to the icon. Providing simple keyboard shortcuts will enable the user to quickly adjust to suit their needs.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Secure feature

Put a screen lock on account if left unused for more than 10 minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base