Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create home page that navigates to MS Forms Survey

Hi there everyone,

I am busy creating a survey for 17 teams using Microsoft Forms. I have created the survey, however, I would like to know... is there a way to create a Home Page before accessing the Survey where the home page has a drop down option that will ask you which team do you belong and when you select the team name and press enter, the next page pops up which will be the survey for that particular team.

e.g. The Home Page has the question, "What is your team name?” And then there is a drop down…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It would be nice if I could rotate team's on my phone

It qwould be better if I could rotate the teams on my phone

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I should have my own folder(s) where I can organize and keep the most important posts

It is an issue, when the post "disappears" after a certain amount of time due to "traffic". It would be nice if we could "fish it out" of the mass of conversation and "save" it in a folder of our own making.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow self view to be moved like skype could

Allow self view to be moved like skype could

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Converting speech to sign language by virtual bots

It would be great for Teams to launch a AR/VR or AI enabled digital avatar to translate speech/voice to sign language. This would immensely benefit the hearing impaired during events, live sessions & meetings.
    Having an avatar/AR/VR would make accessibility fun & interesting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keyboard shortcut to raise hand in a meeting

It would be helpful, especially for people with certain disabilities, if there were a keyboard shortcut to "raise hand" in a meeting, so that people could program external interface devices (custom button on keyboard or mouse or other accessibility device) to activate this command. For instance, children with disabilities attending class online using Teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. mute button is green/red depending on mute status

some kind of colour code for if you're on/off mute, as people very often dont notice - needs to be very highlighted

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More intuitive, less complicated

It has too many tabs. I normally don't know where to cluck to find my stuff. It doesn't have the intuitive layout/organization of a Microsoft product. As it is a product you have bought, perhaps you should go back to a white canvas and designed it from scratch. I tried to avoid having meetings, courses, or interact with my colleagues through Teams. I dislike that my kids school use this app as it may things very comucated. INTUITIVE and SIMPLE project sharing and meeting app that integrates easily with other Microsoft products. That's what I would like. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Present, AND see 'Chat' AND have a mouse pointer that my audience can see!

At the moment, when I start a meeting, I goto 'share content' button, choose 'browse' select my .ppt, and present. This allows me to present from within the TEAMS window, so I can see chat and breakout rooms etc. HOWEVER, I have no laser pointer or mouse pointer or highlighter function if I present like this. Could you add this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. امكانية مسح الرسائل

حتي يمكن للأشخاص مسح الرسائل التي ببنهم

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Best tool OST to PST Converter Free Software

InQuit OST Converter has features that makes it an exclusive product among others like bulk conversion, search option, preview facility, email filter options, fastest conversion, etc. The software helps to users when their offline Outlook (OST) data files are corrupted, and then they need to make those file accessible with Outlook. In such conditions user can use this software to repair damaged or corrupted OST files and converts them into desired file formats like PST, EMLX, EML, MBOX, MSG etc. Avail the free demo version of the converter is also available to recover the 30 emails.

Read More: https://www.inquitsoftware.com/en/ost-to-pst-converter.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to "pin" contact list to keep it visible

Add ability to "pin" your contact list in Teams so that both your recent chats and contact list can be visible simultaneously in the same view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Portrait mode on the desktop app for vertical monitors

When using Teams desktop on a vertical monitor, allow for a view similar to the mobile app instead of crushing everything into a tighter view. For example, move the tab buttons to the bottom and organize the chat view like the mobile app instead of forcing the user to click chat, select the conversation, then click in the conversation to start typing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow separate windows for "Teams" pin vs "chat" pin vs "call" pin

I would like to be able to open up the chat tab in Teams without having to leave the file I am reviewing in the Teams tab. It seems that there should be a simple way to have each tab on the left of the window be it's own separate window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow students to tag segments or sections in a recorded class

It would work like this:
    The students can tag on the video that, from minute 2:18 to 13:19, the professor was talking about History of Law.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A GIF and emoji content filter

Children are using Teams for school. There should be a content filter for emojis and gifs so students aren't clicking on images of **** women or guns.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding ticks or comments to uploaded jpegs from students in assignements

I know this question has been asked before but wondering if there has been any progress.

I really am trying to promote the use of assignments in TEAMS, rather than using our VLE. My students have their own pre-printed workbooks that they work in. Whilst distance learning they are required to take a picture of their completed pages and add these pictures to the assignment. This part is fine, it's the part when I really want to add ticks or comments to the jpeg pictures. It's possible to do this on our VLE although it's so slow in viewing any…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bold your own name when your microphone is picking up sound

The bolding of participant's names when their microphone is picking up sound or speaking works great. It would be nice to know if my microphone is picking up background noise that others may hear but I don't realize it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Always display names on video tiles

An option to keep video tiles labeled with names at all times, as opposed to only showing somebody's name when you mouse over. I marked this as an accessibility issue because I provide closed captions, and when I join a group of 20 unfamiliar names/faces, it's critical to have a reminder as to who is who. Right now, those names vanish from the tiles after a few seconds, and I have to mouse over to see again who is speaking (or rely on the participants list).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Widget for android version

Widget so I can see my rota without accessing the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)