Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. reset chat conversation/start new chat button

It would be nice to have a way to 'reset/start new' chat conversation.
    It should not delete history ... just clear the screen so it is clear where the new conversation starts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Shortcut hide

Add a keyboard shortcut to hide a chat!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. iPad App Hide and show function

I have noticed on the IPad app there is no show or hide for team or channel management through the ellipses button? If users of a certain disposition have no means of hiding something potentially they consider use of the delete function and this readily available when clicking on the ellipses buttons and it falls very close to your left thumb. See attached image.
    Can the hide and show function be added to the app with a matter of urgency please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. add to dictionary

Allow spell check to add words to dictionary

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Auto Spellcheck should operate like Word, Outlook, etc.

I can't believe this isn't posted.

If Teams is intended to be a primary project communication platform, this NEEDS to be addressed. It is good at recognizing a misspelled words, but the next step is where it fails miserably. I'll get a short list or a list of 20 options, or it just face-plants. The word "Didnt" without the apostrophe, only suggests, "Diderot". However, lowercase "didnt" will suggest the correct punctuation. Whaaat?! Oh, and the biggie: why cant i add a word to a Dictionary. We all work with uniques terms, words and names, that are constantly being asked to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pleas add Explorer three in Files tab!

Pleas add Explorer three in Files tab!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add direct editing of PDFs like with Word and Excel

Add direct editing of PDFs like with Word and Excel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. when add a people to the group, can we enable cursor as default?

when add a people to the group, can we enable cursor as default?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. On the navagation window on the left, move "Teams" and "chat" to reduce accidentally chatting with a team versus an individual.

On the navigation window on the left, move "Teams" and "chat" apart to reduce accidentally chatting with a team versus an individual. They should not be stacked right on top of each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Usabilidade

To tendo muitos problemas com a usabilidade do app.
    Não consigo simplesmente arrastar arquivos para dentro de pastas, deletar arquivos usando o delete...
    Tento mover arquivos (do jeito que é permitido) e aparem erros, dizendo que 'tiveram problemas'...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. F11 to toggle "Full Screen" mode

A number of software and web browsers support using F11 to toggle Enter Full Screen mode. Can this be added to Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple Monitors - Highlight desktop when selected

When you have multiple monitors, please highlight monitor when hovering over selection (to make it easier to know which monitor you are selecting).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable direct answer to specific message by clicking on message properties

To provide answer on just one message within many

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to change the order in which teams are displayed

As the number of teams increases, finding a particular team becomes more difficult.
    It is convenient if there is a function that can be switched instantly, such as ascending order or descending order.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Förbättring

Det ska på Taems finnas Due Date och ett frågeformulär. när man går in på hJälp och sök kommer dessa funktioner inte upp
    Rimloigen bör någon se över att det ska fungera?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Order

My team and I have been using Teams for a while not, and we are always finding ourselves looking for a way to mark something so it is very obvious that it is either urgent, important, or has to absolutely be done by that day. We assign ourselves many many tasks throughout the day, and the lack of organization on the part of Teams has caught us off guard multiple times. Need to make it so we can either do alphabetical order, order of importance, or change the color of the task so it sticks out or shows up at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set Preferences

After using teams for a while, I have come across the same issue a multitude of times. I was just talking to one of the people on my Team, and we both agree there should be a way to set preferences for when you open Teams. Instead of it auto populating a jumble of tasks, we could set the filters to stay there always. As well as keeping the assigned bucket permanent. When switching from the "Team" tab to the "Chat" tab, it completely changes the setting and filters I had on there. It would definitely be more productive to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Would REALLY love the option to choose if my "enter" key sends the message or just goes to the next line

I send a LOT of messages before they are ready because I press "enter" to go to the next line and format text. Would really like the option to not have ENTER send a message automatically...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.