Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not open GUI when right-clicking tray icon

Do not automatically open the Teams GUI when I right-click on the tray icon when all I want to do is to change my status. If I wanted the GUI open I would have selected Open from the right-click menu or double-clicked on it. I do not appreciate having to close the GUI because MS wants me to look at it. If I want to look at the GUI I will open the GUI. This extra clicking just wastes time and annoys me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Alt Text

As I understand it, there's currently no way to add Alt Text to images posted within Microsoft Teams. This makes a lot of the content our staff share with each other in-accessible to staff who use a screen reader. Please consider prioritizing this as an update/added feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. USING A TOUCH SCREEN KEYBOARD

Swiping instead of typing using mouse on keyboard could be nice. Atleast a predictive words shown similar to mobiles while typing. Ex:gboard in android

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Possibility to cluster Teams Groups

Possibility to create "virtual folders" for different topics and the possibility to assign teams channels, to these virtual folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. iPad Pro microsoft teams auto translates for you

you just click a button and it autotranslates all menus for you, i am not good at arabic so it wouid be very nice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Push to talk

Teams should have the PUSH TO TALK feature which is available in most of the group meeting applications. This makes other applications better than TEAMS. Whenever your teacher/organizer asks something, by the time you take your cursor and click to unmute, everyone has already moved on. Also, Ctrl+Shift+M isn't very comfortable. This creates a lot of problem. Please look into this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mas actualizaciones

Mas actualizaciones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give control using Teams on Ipad

Give another user control when using Teams on IPAD

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sleep notifications

give a notification telling us when there is a message when our screen is on sleep mode. i work a lot on other things and my screen times out and goes to sleep i would love to know when someone wants to contact me not way later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Colorful emojis on Linux desktop app

On the desktop app (Version 1.3.00.25560 64-bit, installed from Microsoft's msteams yum repo)
    on Fedora Linux 33 emojis are only displayed as black-and-white symbols. These are very hard to read (see screenshot). In the browser and in other apps like the gnome terminal emojis are colorful and nice. I would like colorful emojis in the Teams desktop app too.

Sidenote: I'm using default system fonts everywhere, and Teams has no option to change the font type.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Returned assignments should not be put in the "completed" section.

Assignments that got returned don't appear in the to do section. This is confusing, because you have to correct your work based on the feedback, but you have to look though all your completed assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Changeable keybinds

muscle memory sometimes can be a trap when it comes to keybinds.
    e.g. copy pasting with ctrl-shift-c on shells and later on you want to copy something from teams and start a conference call with everyone in the channel.
    this can cause quite the annoyance for all people in the channel. I figured that keybinds can not be changed, but it would make a nice feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There should be option of background blur in andriod

There should be option of background blur in andriod

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ladniejsza czcionka i więcej kolorków

no więc piękne różne kolory np. zolto-czarny, czerwono-rozowy, i ładniejsza czcionka

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bigger video buttons

Can we please make the pause/play video buttons bigger or in the middle of the screen? My son and I and I are both tired of starting the video over when all that is desired is a pause.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pin shared screen side by side with video for sign language interpreters

Allow deaf students to pin shared screen and pin videos of the teacher and the video of the interpreter. Student should be able to resize the videos ans the shared screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base