Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ping button during screen sharing

During screen shares where we have to process a lot of information and this makes it difficult to focus on something specific. it would nice if we could point our finders at the spot we want to emphasize.

Since I can't do that I'd like to able to point (ping) via mouse (like ctrl+lmb) during a screen share. This ping would be visible to everyone in the call.

Example:
    We have a lots of Excel records, grid of images or just a piece of code where this feature could be super useful. It could improve work during remote pair programming…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Instant swapping between PowerPoint presentation and video

Hi. When using PowerPoint I'd like to be able to click on the small small video window of myself to bring the video feature back on whilst swapping the PowerPoint into the small window. When I'd like to return to the PowerPoint I could click on it and swap it back from myself. This would allow me to instantly stop the PowerPoint to briefly practically demonstrate something and then instantly return to my open PowerPoint in the same place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make the effing taskbar moveable. And hide able. It always covers the bottom of the screen. The auto hide / appear is the worst

The taskbar is the worst. Try google it, It’s hated by just about everybody. Always in the way. Whom ever came up with that idiocy should be made to work in teams for a day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. L'ajout d'exposants pour simplifier les communications écrites

Il serait intéressant pour tous ceux qui échangent concernant les mathématiques et les sciences que les exposants soient ajoutés comme dans Word : Ctrl + =

Merci!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Where should i Start. 1) be able to sort Teams alpha order. 2)be able to sync Outlook contacts with Teams contacts. 3)

1) Be able to sync Outlook contacts with Teams contacts
    2)be able to sort Microsoft Teams "Teams" in alpha order
    3)be able to sort file folders inside "Teams" in alpha order
    4)Drag and drop from Outlook to Teams file folders only available in Teams web app right now
    5)Share screen feature within a Chat is only available in Teams desktop app right now
    6) issues number 4 and 5 result in Microsoft expecting users to jump to and from the Teams web app and Teams desktop app, depending on what feature they want to use...ridiculous
    7)Teams web app allows you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Borrar chats o conversaciones

No se pueden borrar las conversaciones completas generando así gran cantidad de chat viejos que ya no se necesitan

Solo se logra borrar la conversación si los usuarios que intervinieron en la conversación borran cada uno de sus mensajes uno por uno eso es desgastante.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mute button

When you are in a meeting the mute button could show up “Red” with the line through it showing that you mic is off. Once you click to unmute, it turns white indicating you are live. This can make it easier to determine when you are unmuted. We have had many times were people do not know when they are unmuted or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Eu não AGUENTO MAIS tanta lição, dá uma maneirada aí, eu não sou um bot não

Uma etequiana que tá cansada de tanta lição nesse crl

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Backspace not working in Online and Client version of teams

Backspace not working in Online and Client version of teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add my own background

I need to add my own background pictures please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Background option

Background option: The office talking heads background, the conference room from the office when they do their interviews. So having a background option that is the conference room from the tv show the office.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Organisation

It's annoying as all my work stays even when it's done. Please can you make a done file or come up with something that let's me know when it's done. Thank you .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When you are presenting , need a option to have "Mute" without having to exit prentation mode

When you are presenting , need a option to have "Mute" and other features that you can see like who are in the particiapants without having to exit the presentation mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Zooming functionality to make shared content more readable

Shared content is often small and difficult to read.
    Zoom function to increase size of view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All tasks I still need to do

I have to open every team to see all my open tasks. I think it would be great if I could see all the open assignments in an overview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove tone on tone text in any splash screen, as it is diffcult for the visually impaired to read.

In the "Welcome to the live event!" splash screen, the "join anonymously" and "download the desktop version" are difficult for the visually impaired to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unmute mic temporarily with a quick shortcut like "space press"

Unmute mic temporarily with a quick shortcut like "space bar" and then remute (Feature similar to Zoom)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base