Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the screen smaller

This is a poor excuse for a replacement for Skype for business. The real estate that it takes up on my monitor is not acceptable. I think a smaller interface ort one that can be adjusted to fi a users needs and also the ability to remove older messages. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Teams Messages Alert Not noticeable in side toolbar -Team doesn't see the tiny red bubble

Hard to see when there is a message in teams. Make bigger or change colors please. My team is not noticing that there are messages being posted

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Able to install fonts for users

Hi! We are looking for a way to have fonts installed for users so when they open word, excel, or powerpoint, we can have those working for them. Currently, those seem to only work on the desktop app. It would be fine if they pulled in fonts installed locally or if in the admin area we could install custom fonts for all users. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Alt+Enter, doesnt start a new line.

If I have to enter few sentences in different lines, Alter +enter doesn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Play a short sound on my headset after successfully joining a meeting

Skype for Business used to play a short sound/chime when joining a meeting.
    This sound was useful for me to quickly confirm that
    - my headset worked and
    - that it was set to the correct volume.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fixar uma mensagem no topo do grupo

Os novos integrantes que entram no grupo sempre leem todo o histórico de mensagens, seria interessante se houvesse uma forma de fixar e destacar uma mensagem no topo do grupo (regras pro exemplo) para quando novos usuários entrarem conseguirem ler sem ter que passar por todas as mensagens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding a contact to lists

In right-context menu, add to favorites is accessible but not the other lists.
    Adding to a list pop-over should be ready for typing, a need to click before is unnecessary step.
    Suggest adding more contacts when a contact is added.
    Option to add the team as contact group.
    Option to have more then 20 conversations visible in active conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. My purpose in using Microsoft Team flatform is to arrange Online meetings and video conferencing in our company. 10 accounts were successful

My purpose in using Microsoft Team flatform is to arrange Online meetings and video conferencing in our company. 10 accounts were successfully added to join a meeting today but only 4 camera screens were activated. I'd love to have some help to activate all 10 camera screens? Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Rotation dans l'application

On ne peut pas faire de rotation sur l'application, si c'était possible ça serait bien plus pratique

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

Create a shortcut key to use Immersive Reader. So it is easier with those with impaired sight to be able to turn it on

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Using Teams Planner with JAWS with all three versions

Here are some of the main issues found and recommendation to make Planner more accessible for (AT) assistive technology users . I did not have time to do a full exploration and truly document everything. I tested all three versions of PC client, mobile, and Web versions.

Teams PC client
    It is very difficult to gain access to Planner, users will be stumbling to open Planner. The PC client of Teams should have followed the logical order of opening Tabs, such as: Control + 1 gives access to Activity Tab. Thus, Control + 7 should have been the logical order…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable bookmarks in PDF tab, bookmarks created in Adobe Reader etc. do not seem to show in teams PDF view tab

When sharing PDF files as on-screen documents in Teams (using the PDF viewer tab), bookmarks cannot be selected even though they are in the selected file. Reference documents such as policies benefit significantly from bookmark navigation so it is bizarre it is absent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow user to change theme.

Allow user to change theme just like in any other MS Office program. White screen is too bright and purple color is annoying.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow left 1/4 of main window (where teams drop-dows are) to be minimised so that the main content window can be larger

See attahched.

Excel sheets and other items are hard to view when the teams drop downs are taking up such a portion of the screen.

It would be great if it could be minimised to allow larger viewing of the main content window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add the ability to have multiple windows open for chats, teams and channels?

It's very hard to keep track of multiple chats and teams all in one window - and time-consuming to keep navigating between them. It would be really useful to have multiple windows available that we can keep open for chats, teams and channels.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat Notifications

Currently, the only types of chat notifications available are email, banner or off. Can you fix it to where the chat will show the bubble if you receive a message, without the banner coming out. I don't want to have to read the banner every time someone IMs me, but I'd like to know I have an unread chat, by some kind of flashing notification, similar to what Skype for Business uses.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the order of the default tabs (chats, files, notes etc)

Make it possible to change the order of the default tabs so the tab files will be selected when I select anaother chanal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Moving from one part of teams via links to other parts of Teams

Using Planners is a great way to organise work. However some of the tasks link to information in wiki's. If you insert a link to a wiki into the task, you have to open another browser to follow the link from the task to the wiki. If linking information in different Teams tools could avoid this it would be helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.