Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be nice to have an option to search test within double quotes while using Teams on iOS mobile.

Let’s say I am looking for a key or ID my colleague pinged long ago in Teams. I wanted to search for it in mobile teams using the few characters/string that I remember like that could be done with the Desktop teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

Configurable sort of Microsoft teams conversations.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back Transcriber for the Surface Neo

One of the most wonderful tooIs in Windows CE was the award winning Transcriber function. Whilst many devices which allow for the use of a stylus have programs or functionality which converts handwriting into text within applications, Transcriber was unique in that it had the option to utilize the whole screen. Rather than limiting the input space to a prescribed box it allowed handwriting to be overwritten on the whole screen which it then inserted into the place in the document or website etc from the placement of the cursor. Having the freedom to utilize the whole screen real estate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mejorar

Facilitar las opciones y mejorar la conectividad

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When making a chat window active, set cursor

When a chat pop-up is clicked, opening Teams, the Cursor should default to being active. this saves the user from having to move the mouse down to the text box to then type.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Honour the "do not smooth fonts" setting

Due to eye problems, I have to work with "smooth screen fonts" switched off. That means no ClearType or font aliasing of any kind. Unfortunately Teams doesn't honour this setting, so at present it is almost unusable for me without causing immediate physical pain. Please honour this setting. Not everybody has 20/20 vision.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Team owner should control hiding or showing channels for every member of the team

As the team owner, I thought when I hid a channel that it would hide for every member, but it is not. It should so they know what is no longer an active topic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a delete messages option

Needs to have a delete messages feature or delete old messages setting.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. global hotkey to show window

Hello,
    There should be a global hotkey that allows to bring up the Teams window from tray or task bar.
    I tried registering a windows shortcut on Teams and it works, but for some reason it is very slow, much slower than clicking on the icon with the mouse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hotkeys for scrolling in chat (including jump to bottom)

There should be a way to control the scrolling of the chat window without using mouse - especially, when I scroll up, but a new message arrives, there's no way to quickly jump to bottom using keyboard.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 'Edit in Teams' with Excel files

Dear team,
    When using the option 'Edit in Teams' with Excel files, formatting options (e.g.: bold, italics, underline...) cannot be applied to a bit of selected text, instead, the format feature you hit is applied to the whole cell.
    I know that using the option 'Open in Desktop App' would solve this limitation, but this is not helpful for our purpose.
    Are you aware of this limitation and, if so, expect to solve it soon?

Thank you very much for your support.

Juan Diego

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need a ribbon so you can have additional tabs, so we can navigate between chats and other channels on Teams.

E.g. When I'm editing a file on Teams and a chat pops up for me, the moment I click on the chat, my file editing section disappears. Which requires me to then re-open the file etc and scroll all the way down to what I was doing prior.

Can't we have chats or other channels or functions co-exist at the same time?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Contacts panel no longer auto hides

Before the last update, the Contacts panel on the left with the Recent chats list no longer auto-hides.

This is eating up a lot of screen space that could be used in the Conversation panel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change shortcuts so they can be rebound

Make the "keyboard shortcuts" menu editable so you can change what key combination you want to use for each fnction.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Display YouTube video title and description when sharing a link

When sharing a YouTube link, it does not pick the title and the description from the link. Instead, it shows the YouTube description.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For Teams chat history, it would be helpful to have group chats color coded or highlighted to make it more obvious those are not 1:1 chats.

For Teams chat history, it would be helpful to have group chats color coded or highlighted to make it more obvious those are not 1:1 chats.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar

Reactions bar's emoji is useful.
    But, One of the reactions we wanna use most is ": eyes:" emoji.

When we get a notification, We often react to “I'm watching now" by using eyes emoji reaction on Slack.
    If we can do it on Teams, feel super cool !

So We want to add ":eyes:" emoji to reactions bar.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base