Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard shortcut for open conversation in a Teams call/meeting

I ask for a keyboard shortcut for "Open Conversation" in a Teams Call / Meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Activity

Everytime see activity field in showing then click to show and click out everytime is much boring.set up the activity field in next and previous system.Much better to see every activity in one click

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Share multiple screens

Is it possible to share multiple user screens instead of sharing only cameras and one screen?
    Relevant for training of several participants

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide a compression limiter slider on the user's end to reduce the volume of the loudest microphones on a call

This audio feature, adding a compression limiter slider for users somewhere in the UI, would help reduce the volume of the microphones that are very loud and therefore make audio easier to listen to by reducing the high end of the dynamic range, so that you could hear users more evenly. This would also help for anyone who has auditory disabilities such as hyperacusis, misophonia, hearing loss, deafness, etc.

By making it a slider, the user can adjust it on their end if they need a different setting from the default sound mixing that is implemented in Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello, can you please make the Busy and In a Meeting statuses different colors?

this is important because if a person is Busy, it means I can still send them stoopid messages. they will just respond late. Now, if they were in a meeting, but I think they're just busy, I may send dumb messages for real, and said dumb messages may pop up on their screen for other people to see. Thus, ruining my reputation at work. Pls consider.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. hold space bar to temporarily unmute microphone

would like to be able to have microphone muted but when i hold the space bar should unmute microphone until i release the space bar i.e. a push to talk button

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove circles etc around color dots (contact presence)

Compared to Jabber, my Teams Contacts list looks very busy with the extra circles and check marks etc on the color dots which show if the user is online. Please make it a color dot only, which would make it look a lot less busy and more clear to see who's there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. About user display names in Microsoft Teams

About user display names in Microsoft Teams

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のユーザー表示名について

About user display names in Microsoft Teams

現状、組織配下のアカウントのユーザー名は、Microsoft 管理センター からしか名前の変更ができない。
    Microsoft Teams デスクトップアプリ からユーザー名を変更できるようにしてほしい。

Currently, user names for accounts under your organization can only be renamed from the Microsoft admin center.
    I want you to be able to change your username from the Microsoft Teams desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need display settings! Read font size on my 13" laptp is miniscule and there's no way to increase size! (Not talking about message font size

Need display settings for the app! Read font size (layout, messages, etc.) on my 13" WIN-10 laptop is miniscule, using the app, and there's no way to increase size! (Not talking about message font size, here)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Local File Path and/or Network Drive File Path Links Clickable from Teams

Make the file paths from Windows Explorer file paths clickable.
    Super helpful on network drives where documents are stored for everyone.

Ex: C:\Users\Name\Dropbox\Project Name\Document 1<-- we want to click that and go to the file location.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Galaxy fold tablet layout

Give teams, like outlook, on devices like the galaxy z fold 2 a more tablet like UI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide one-click status change

Suggest you provide capability for a one-click status change.

Ideally, there would be the four status buttons on the left side menu, PLUS a new button for Be Right Back (BRB), so you could make a quick status change without having to click on your profile picture and then select a status.

Then I could hit the BRB button quickly, as I dash out the door for a quick break! See attached sample for how this could look.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live Caption options

Live Caption options...

• If control of Live Caption must be kept with the Organizer for Live Teams Events, at least enable an option to request it be enabled so the organizer is aware someone is in need of it and can take action immediately.

• Provide a means for attendees to configure how Live Caption appears, such as, bottom/top/side/separate pane/window and even size the window

• The ability to scroll back through the caption. Sometimes it goes so fast, you can't read it and need to scroll back and read what was stated.

• The ability to save Live Caption. If a Live…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Popup model should not move away if user is still typing

Given another user teams me
    When MS teams displays popup
    and I start typing something long
    I see that system do not dismiss the popup

Current issue :
    System dismiss the popup after certain seconds and then what ever I was typing gets lost. .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Client side magnifying glass

My business often has meetings where the organiser is sharing a screen containing a large diagram or image. Often I would like to be able to see more detail of the diagram, but due to the large size, it is zoomed out to be able to fit the entire diagram on the screen.
    I would like to have a magnification tool where I can zoom in on a portion of the shared screen, but this should only affect my view (ie, does not affect the control or view of the presenter or other participants).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. On the mobile app for Teams, be able to click hyperlinks

Be able to click on a hyperlink that is on a PowerPoint On the mobile app. Currently if you share a PowerPoint and it has a hyperlink in it, you can click on the hyperlink if you are using a PC or Mac but not on the mobile app. I think this will be a great upgrade to the app for people who use their cell phones for meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Be able to hide the minimize button

Id like to be able to hide the minimize, maximize, close bar. When opening a file in teams I will get a message. When I open the message I will forget that the file i had open was in team so I close teams, realize the desktop app is not open, then reopen teams and navigate to the file I was looking for.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Proper keyboard accessibility in Meetings window

The meetings window has keyboard shortcuts for many things, but assumes people with full capabilities:

• Raise hand + emotes don't seem keyboard accessible.

• For toggles, please add "on" and "off" keys in addition:

• camera on / camera off instead of toggle camera

• mute on / mute off instead of toggle mute

• show participants / hide participants

• show chat / hide chat

Why the individual commands. I need to use an additional accessibility device and ideally it would be possible to have individual commands for individual functions: "turn off the camera" instead of toggling until it's off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base