Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Un-Dock(Pop Out) windows Like Visual Studio

I know chat pop out is in the works and currently in beta but why not just make all of the all functions(Chat, Teams, Activity, Call,etc..) un-dockable like visual studio? also incorporate pin and unpin(auto hide)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Contacts and Contact groups appear in any order one needs

Do not require that contacts and groups be sorted alphabetically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Would it be possible to accept shifts on the computer version?

I am able to approve shift requests on the mobile app but not on the computer version. It was nice that Staffhub did that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Keyboard shortcuts for navigating _unread_ messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has _really_ good keyboard shortc

Keyboard shortcuts for navigating _unread_ messages and conversations and marking them read/unread. Slack has _really_ good keyboard shortcuts for navigating between unread teams and conversations, and it's a big productivity-booster. Vy

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Not user friendly and bad user interface

Teams can be made.similar to skype for business which is far more user friendly and pretty good user interface as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make global key bindings configurable

I see there are other bug reports for Visual Studio but I was just on a call with a colleague and I couldn't press ctrl + shift + space in IntelliJ IDEA which made coding more difficult.

Other software that does global keystrokes are editable so that they can be remapped so there aren't conflicts, Teams should also allow for this or at the very least be able to toggle off the global keystrokes entirely.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow user to rearrange the App icons in the left sidebar

It would be great if I can choose to move the "Calls" icon on the left sidebar to be directly above the "Chat" icon. If we were allowed to rearrange the icons ourselves it would allow the user to prioritize the icons by their chosen level of importance. Currently, the 'Calls' icon becomes hidden when the Microsoft Teams window is too small (at least on a Macbook Pro). I have to select 'Zoom Out' to 85% in order to see all icons listed without worrying about them being hidden when the window is scaled down to the smallest possible size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HDR Monitor Support is Required

Hello, Please add HDR support to teams as on an HDR-enabled display it is darkened and impossible to see.

This issue was persistent with the Asus ROG 27UQ which is an HDR10 1000 nit local dimming device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Keyboard shortcut for mute/unmute microphone

A setting to make use of a keyboard to fast mute/unmute your microphone, this is a very good quality of live feature

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen share feature in call should applicable on multiple windows

Currently if i share the screen and at that time only one window i can share, if i want to show another window can i need to stop sharing and reshare again. It should be multi window sharing. And same thought should be applicable to request control also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Photo viewing

When navigating within a Team to the files tab and selecting the location that contains multiple photographs the user currently needs to select the image to view it. Once the image is viewed the user has to close the image which returns the user to the file location. The next image is selected and the process repeats.

This is a cumbersome process to scroll through a series of images and not consistent with the user interface / experience for navigating photographs.

The proposal is that when the image is selected in the Teams app the user is given set of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to minimize features on Teams to access another symultaniously.

Considering there are numerous features that can be accessed in one single window on Teams--Files, Calendar, Teams, Chat and so on--it makes sense to have the option to work on each one of them simultaneously. Meaning, we need to be able to minimize one feature and work on another at the same time. Right now, we basically are closing one to access another. I need to be able to access "Files" and check my "Calendar" at the same time. We could even have tabs for each of these features which can be accessed at the same time by minimizing one…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. disappearing scroll bars

I happen to think that disappearing scroll bars is one of the worst UI disasters of all time (maybe excessive use of pastel shades comes close). Windows 10 gives us an accessibility setting to turn off that annoying "feature". I would like Teams to honor the Windows 10 setting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. a selection of different fonts would be nice

Would be nice if we could choose different fonts to use while using Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. add keyboard shortcuts

Please introduce using keyboard shortcuts and menu options to be used with the keyboard (eg alt F for file) to the functionality. This is not available. Also when excell files are added under the file section the ommon keyboard functionality to acces the menu/format cells don 't work if I edit an excell file that is in microsoft tasks.

Since microsoft tasks is getting used more in the company I work for I'm exceeding the RSI related parameters almost every day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Navigate back to folder instead of main menu

Its very frustrating when navigate in files and see previews and can't go back to folder instead of main menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. uninstall button accessible, since Ms Teams su%^ks

make "uninstall button" accessible (again), since Ms Teams su%^ks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the screen smaller

This is a poor excuse for a replacement for Skype for business. The real estate that it takes up on my monitor is not acceptable. I think a smaller interface ort one that can be adjusted to fi a users needs and also the ability to remove older messages. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.