Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. possibility to use a digital pen to correct homework

being able to use a digital pen in teams to correct students homework handed in in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. make whiteboard available on apple computers

Being able to draw or markup documents while you are collabarating is a critical feature in a meeting. I understand whiteboard is not available on macs but works on PCs. We have subscribed to Zoom as zoom offers on all platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The praise icon looks like a person is vomiting

The praise icon looks like a person is vomiting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Deactivate Spell checking by default in MS Teams Web App (it's extremely annoying)

Deactivate Spell checking by default in MS Teams Web App (it's extremely annoying)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Swipe or click on a message to get an option to respond to that specific message. when one needs to respond to a message, have an option made available to refer to that specific message one is responding to, like one has on the Whatsapp app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Respond to Message by referring to another message.

Swipe or click on a message to get an option to respond to that specific message. when one needs to respond to a message, have an option made available to refer to that specific message one is responding to, like one has on the Whatsapp app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Respond to Message by referring to another message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please can the raise hand button be more acessable

The raise hand button or icon is hard for students to get to quickly to answer questions. Please could it appear on the screen without having to be accessed through a menu. At the moment students have to raise the bar then press the three dots icon then press the hand icon and do all in reserves to put hand down. A floating hand to press on the main screen would be quicker and help them answer questions

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recall a message that you accidently sent to someone.

if you can recall a message that you accidently sent to someone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Improved Keyboard Shortcuts

I believe Teams could use some more in-meeting keyboard shortcuts e.g. Raise Hand, Open Chat/Participants Menu, switch views, switch camera, etc.

Also, it would be nice if Teams had the ability to recognize in-meeting keyboard shortcuts globally, as Zoom can (with a toggle).

Finally, a temporary unmute key (such as the space key) would be amazing for people who stay on mute except for brief moments.

All these additions would make Microsoft Teams a better conferencing application for people without mouse control, and help streamline the experience for all.

-T Bottegal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. chat and Files

In Teams, you are in the Files section and then you have a message in the chat. If you read the chat you loose the path for files you are using and then you have to start again the research. It is possible to unhook the chat when you receive a message withou read it before?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Background Changes

Make it so you can change the background (ie upload background files or change) without having to start a video call/meeting or be in a video call/meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The Home Page

Can we please have a Home Page within Teams where users can have a clean slate when the program opens? It would be very nice to open the program and not see lots of information already on display. I really thing that users will appreciate being able to open the task areas they want to see, when they want to see them, and close them when they don't want to view the information. Like with Skype and Outlook, we should be able to delete conversations and other items no longer needed. Many organizations are using Teams due to the pandemic.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Single Click Hide

It takes two clicks to hide a chat, as opposed to a single click on other applications such as slack.

For e.g. I have to click elipses and then select hide to hide away a stale chat which makes it really time consuming considering that teams does not auto hide stale chats

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create home page that navigates to MS Forms Survey

Hi there everyone,

I am busy creating a survey for 17 teams using Microsoft Forms. I have created the survey, however, I would like to know... is there a way to create a Home Page before accessing the Survey where the home page has a drop down option that will ask you which team do you belong and when you select the team name and press enter, the next page pops up which will be the survey for that particular team.

e.g. The Home Page has the question, "What is your team name?” And then there is a drop down…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create home page that navigates to MS Forms Survey

Hi there everyone,

I am busy creating a survey for 17 teams using Microsoft Forms. I have created the survey, however, I would like to know... is there a way to create a Home Page before accessing the Survey where the home page has a drop down option that will ask you which team do you belong and when you select the team name and press enter, the next page pops up which will be the survey for that particular team.

e.g. The Home Page has the question, "What is your team name?” And then there is a drop down…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It would be nice if I could rotate team's on my phone

It qwould be better if I could rotate the teams on my phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I should have my own folder(s) where I can organize and keep the most important posts

It is an issue, when the post "disappears" after a certain amount of time due to "traffic". It would be nice if we could "fish it out" of the mass of conversation and "save" it in a folder of our own making.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base