Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access to Personal SharePoint site from Teams Web Client (via Office 365 waffle)

While accessing SharePoint Online via Office 365 waffle from Teams Web client, it redirects to root SharePoint site (Company SharePoint site) instead of user’s (personal) SharePoint site. That's very odd behaviour and not consistent with other Office 365 apps.
    Teams web client must be consistent with all other apps, where accessing SharePoint (via Office 365 waffle) must redirect user to their (personal) SharePoint site.
    The current mapping of SharePoint URL on Teams web client is more painful, when you don't use root SharePoint site (Company SharePoint site) and also have removed user's access to root SharePoint site. In this it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The /... shortcuts

It would be great to switch the language of the /... shortcuts to english even when using a different language in the Teams Application just because most of these shortcut translations are not as obvious as it should be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Barra de búsqueda de Equipos y Mensajes

Hace falta poder filtrar los equipos los mensajes por nombre.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Video/Call button often clicked accidenlty because it is too close to minimize button

I often minimize my app but when I am in a conversation tab with someone, the video/call button is directly under the minimize button and I often hit the video/call button by accident. Please place the button next to the user name but not underneath the minimize button.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to view more than one conversation at the same time without having to click oneverything.

I cannot have the window open and observe the updates--I have to click everywhere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom URL for Forms

Allow users to create custom URLS for Forms for ease of sharing outside of e-mail or Teams.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory.

Make it accessible! Accessibility is NOT a vote feature its regulatory requirement.
    This is because it would never get enough votes to get added otherwise.
    Stop the discrimination, enhance your product.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When I'm amidst scheduling a meeting, I'd like to access my channels and messages

When I'm amidst scheduling a meeting, I'd like to access my channels and messages. Right now schedule a meeting window is a modal window and doesn't let me access my Teams channels nor messages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Actual keyboard usability

Trying to use Teams with a keyboard is a dreadful experience. I'd like to explain why, here, but it wouldn't do it justice. The product team just needs to use it for a day, trying not to touch the mouse and write down every time they have no choice but to reach for the mouse. Keyboard nav needs a complete overhaul, not the token keyboard shortcuts found on ctrl+..

This applies to the app and the web ui.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac window keyboard shortcut

With Slack on MacOS when my client window is hidden, I'm able to bring the window to the foreground (make visible) by pressing Command+1. For Teams, I have to actually click the icon in the dock to make the application re-appear. Could we get a keyboard shortcut to bring Teams to the foreground when hidden?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Offer the option for a black background just like the desktop app offers

Offer tue option if a black background just like the desktop app, because it’s much easier to read on smaller screens such as smartphones

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to change global font size in Teams & apply settings to incoming messages like you can in Lync

Very important for visually impaired individuals. Lync has an option that allows you to specify the global font settings and then click a box that "applies settings to incoming messages."

This means that someone like myself, who is visually impaired, can then set the global font to say 16. Then all messages I type will be at size 16 and more importantly, all the messages I get back from people are going to be size 16 as well.

This option also allows people who Don't want to see messages in size 16 -don't have to. They can specify their own…

367 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. JAWS does not announce the state of some checkboxes in the desktop client

There are several checkboxes in the desktop client that JAWS does not announce the state. An example is the checkboxes in the General settings area as well as the confirmation checkbox when you delete a team. JAWS says the checkbox is unchecked if it is checked or not.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Tabs in a channel are not read by JAWS using the desktop app.

channel tabs are not read by JAWS when in virtual cursor mode when using the Teams desktop client

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. goto

Extend /goto command to access tabs in teams -> channels -> tabs.

Currently it is possible to go to a team or a channel in a team. Also the command does not find channels that have the same name. It will jump to the first occurrence.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add more intuitive keyboard controls to Teams

Up/down keystrokes from the main comment box should.... do something.

A forward slash should pull you into the command/search box from the second it's typed as the first char in the comment box.

I shouldn't have to memorize some archane 80s style list of keyboard shortcuts to navigate your app: Be easier than Slack.

To that end, I'll share feedback I also shared with them, encouraging them to add a simple "/reply" command to reply to the last message in a new thread.

How can I start a thread with a / command?

I find myself ignoring or forgetting to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base