Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easier to play/pause, fast forward or rewind recordings

It would be nice if when reviewing a meeting that was recorded, I could tap twice on either side of the screen (much like in You-tube where you click twice to ff/rew 10 seconds). As it is, it difficult to go back and forth in a video with much precision.

If I just missed the last few words and want to go back, I have to try to scroll and watch the minutes at the bottom and try not to go back 5 minutes instead of the 5 seconds that I wanted. This means it's taking me twice as long…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Please make the ability to have different chats different font colors.

Please give us the ability to make different chat channels/tabs have different colors. I am constantly typing in the wrong chat, and a quick visual reminder would be nice :) .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hotkey function, mute sounds function

Hotkey feature where you can assign your keyboard keys to mute or unmute microphone etc.

Mute sound function which will complement mute microphone feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. does not speak when the pointer is on an item

MS Teams for Mac does not speak at all when using Mac Speach accessibility, speak when a pointer is on an item.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sbbs

É uma merda , n funciona pra porra nenhuma, estou sendo prejudicado por causa dessa merda, e até a minha coordenadora q já acatei simplesmente ignorou ,acho engraçado q na hora da avaliação eles são tão atenciosos , puta q pariu faculdade merda é a Uninassau

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. creating a "search box" (i.e. Ctrl + F) within myteams.

make it easier to search for keywords in case you need to go back and check on something. you know like, excel ctrl+f.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TAG Enhancements

1. When managing a TAG, there is the option to start a chat with the members of the tag. The initial name of the chat could be the TAG name

2. From the Posts tab, when overing over a tag there shoud also be there a link to create or join a tag chat

3. Create dynamic TAGs based on AD Attributes like Department

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow users to change the font in Teams for people with disabilities.

Allow users to change the font in Teams for people with disabilities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a check box editing within team

Need to be able to add a drop box for a sign off feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. touch keyboard swipe doesn't function

I use a touch tablet and physical keyboard, and at times I wish I could use swipe input to type into the app. Additionally, the voice-to-text function of the Windows touch keyboard doesn't work either -- again, a feature I would find very useful!

Loving teams though! It's like a more professional version of discord, with awesome app functionality!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Clone the Skype for Business Status system

In Teams it's incredibly difficult to tell what a user's current status is. The "busy/in a meeting" color is the same and it's tiny. Skype for Business showed this up front, with subtext even saying "available," "busy," "in a meeting," etc. You must overhaul Teams to behave like this. The current implementation is bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Select and delete multiple comments/replies at one time.

With students, especially younger kids learning a new platform, they are posting comments like "hi" or "ok" repeatedly. It clutters up the page (and notifications!) quickly. Having a radio button to select & delete 7000 comments of "hi"😂 all at once would be ideal to keep the important parts of the conversation at the forefront.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to search for individual student team members to track activity ie have they checked in? Completed/ viewed/opened assignments?

It would be helpful to see an individual student's activities in one place to verify participation in class discussions, completion of tasks, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Recent open channel

Add recent open channel at the navigation bar
    I was working on one channel and need to open a file from other channel, that takes time to get back to the channel I was working on.

Or if Team allow us to open multiple Channels at the same time may be multiple windows, that also helps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. in the / keyboard shortcuts add mytasks or similar to jump straight to planner

in the / keyboard shortcuts add mytasks or similar to jump straight to planner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mutiple instances of teams so I cam work in more than one window.

Mutiple instances of teams so I cam work in more than one window.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Organise assignments so you dont have to click individual teams

So, due to the shutting of schools students are getting lots of assignments. and it takes a lot of time for us to go through every class to see which assignments are due. so maybe organise the assignments to which is due first or by class or something

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)