Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

849 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

partially done  ·  Warren responded

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
    -Warren

2. Captioning on Audio and/or Video Meetings & Calls

As being employer to several staff who is Deaf and reply on using subtitle when watching video. I was surprised to see no subtitle/closed captioned feature when I play a video called Introduction to Microsoft Team Product Tour (2.03 minutes video) as enclosed in this attachment.
    Thank you.
    Regards
    Peter

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to change global font size in Teams & apply settings to incoming messages like you can in Lync

Very important for visually impaired individuals. Lync has an option that allows you to specify the global font settings and then click a box that "applies settings to incoming messages."

This means that someone like myself, who is visually impaired, can then set the global font to say 16. Then all messages I type will be at size 16 and more importantly, all the messages I get back from people are going to be size 16 as well.

This option also allows people who Don't want to see messages in size 16 -don't have to. They can specify their own…

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Shorter Links !

Just make the links shorter, when pasting a link to another location on the chat.

It's always too poluted, We write down a 1 line comment and the link extension has 6 lines (!)

Thanks

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Warren responded

You can create add a hyperlink to any text, which will allow you to avoid massive links being copied into the chat/channels.
    Expand the compose box by clicking the icon “A” with a pencil just below your compose line. Once in the expanded view you can create a link by clicking the icon that looks like a chain at the top of the compose box.

You can also highlight your text and use this function to change your selected text into a hyperlink. Once the hyperlink dialog opens update the link location and modify your text if you so desire.

-Warren

6. Screen Sharing - add an "actual size" button to show the presenter's desktop resolution

It is difficult for viewers with poor vision to see desktops that are shared. HDMeeting and other videoconferencing apps have a UI element to show the 'actual size' of the display resolution.

Users can use the zoom button to enhance the Teams call controls, but not the shared screen.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shan keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese typing. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. **actual** markdown support

The current markdown implementation is simply bad as it's not actual markdown. Instead it's some kind of in-line format guesser that changes what you type on enter.

* it doesn't work in the client
    * it doesn't apply to messages submitted via webhook integrations
    * it doesn't work on cut-n-pasted text
    * it's not complete (tons of markdown syntax missing)
    * it doesn't allow simple shortcuts via "/extension" (looking at you, /giphy)

in-line reformatting is slow and often unpredictable in the way it responds as you type, making for a poor experience, especially as you attempt to reformat a message…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keyboard shortcuts

Hi, Can't you offer keyboard shortcuts to get to different tabs (activity, chat, teams, meetings, files)? This will make our life much easier.

Thanks.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Warren responded

Teams does have some shortcuts you may use.

To see the shortcut list you can click on your user icon within Teams.
    From the drop down list go to Keyboard Shortcuts.
    A second window will open showing you the available shortcuts that Teams has to offer at this time.

Keep posting feedback.

-Warren

10. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow for change of background/font colors

Allow us to change fonts or background colors as default grey font on white background makes it really hard to see...

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to change FONT SIZE in settings.

The system font size is NOT enough (relative sizing). If I increase font size in OS it messes up other apps I need the ability to chane the size just in Teams

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change 'Accept Call' button color to green to match other familiar UI elements

When I receive an incoming call request, if I'm on autopilot sometimes my inclination is to click on the red 'decline call' button because that button has a different color than the other buttons--this makes it stand out as an option.

If you changed the color of the 'accept call' button to a medium green, this would make both 'accept' and 'decline' stand out from the rest of the interface and also help facilitate usability for those who are partially blind.

Doing this would align the most important call interaction buttons to the same color scheme that iOS/Android use and…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. delete chats

delete chats, I can not lend my computer because someone can read old conversations,

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Seperate windows for conversations

Rather than every conversation being on the main teams window, they could appear in their own smaller individual window, similar to Skype for business

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make the window border more distinctive from the application behind it

The Teams window fades in colour to the bottom right which is where the corner resize handle is.
    The colour at this corner of the app is often the same colour as apps in the background which makes it hard to find/grab the resize handle.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. High Contrast

For vision impaired uses that use custom High Contrast Theming, the Teams apps does not correctly map to the colors. For example, left list uses the Disabled vs Selected colors. Microsoft should be fully committed to one standard for Theming; especially for High Contrast Theme. It is critical for the vision impaired.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Warren responded

I apologize for being fairly ignorant on this topic. The color scheme setting can be found by clicking your portrait icon within Teams at the upper right. Under the General Settings you can select, Default color theme, Dark, or High Contrast. This follows the Windows OS high contrast theme and my understanding is also following the global standards.

If you are having issues could you let me know what exactly is happening or specifics you feel need to change? If you could tell me both and maybe even email me screen shots to TeamsML@microsoft.com I can work to see what I can do for you. Please list the subject in the email as “High Contrast”.

Thanks!
    -Warren

18. Make the vertical scroll bar bigger and more visible

The vertical scroll bar is very thin and not easy to see or click on. Make it more like a regular Windows slider that is permanently visible.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Configure font size

Configure font size

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. right-click to quote and reply

In Skype, we have a very handful feature that allow us to right-click then choose "Quote" to get a message to be quoted in chat-box.
    I think it would be nice if we could have it on Teams.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.