Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us make the font size bigger (Zooming)

Make a way to make the font size in the application bigger.

779 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

The zoom feature has released to the public ring. Using CRTL + or CTRL – zoom in and out on a Windows PC.

I need to correct the information I provided last month about MAC. It appears the MAC version is still in testing and hasn’t yet gone out to the public. It is “In Testing” but will be coming to the public soon!

The item tracking this specific update can be found at: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/admin/v3/suggestions/16933183/activity

There now is a UI element that tells you your current zoom level and a Setting within the UI to preset your zoom preference.

Since the zoom feature could very well cover the vast majority of user needs, based on the majority of comments and feedback, I will flag this item as Partially Done.

Thank you for all the feedback and support!
      -Warren

• Captioning on Audio and/or Video

As being employer to several staff who is Deaf and reply on using subtitle when watching video. I was surprised to see no subtitle/closed captioned feature when I play a video called Introduction to Microsoft Team Product Tour (2.03 minutes video) as enclosed in this attachment.
      Thank you.
      Regards
      Peter

45 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

Why not merge Kaizala and Microsoft teams?

37 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Keyboard shortcuts

Hi, Can't you offer keyboard shortcuts to get to different tabs (activity, chat, teams, meetings, files)? This will make our life much easier.

Thanks.

27 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Teams does have some shortcuts you may use.

To see the shortcut list you can click on your user icon within Teams.
            From the drop down list go to Keyboard Shortcuts.
            A second window will open showing you the available shortcuts that Teams has to offer at this time.

Keep posting feedback.

-Warren

• 24 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Shorter Links !

Just make the links shorter, when pasting a link to another location on the chat.

It's always too poluted, We write down a 1 line comment and the link extension has 6 lines (!)

Thanks

24 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create add a hyperlink to any text, which will allow you to avoid massive links being copied into the chat/channels.
                Expand the compose box by clicking the icon “A” with a pencil just below your compose line. Once in the expanded view you can create a link by clicking the icon that looks like a chain at the top of the compose box.

You can also highlight your text and use this function to change your selected text into a hyperlink. Once the hyperlink dialog opens update the link location and modify your text if you so desire.

-Warren

• Option to change global font size in Teams & apply settings to incoming messages like you can in Lync

Very important for visually impaired individuals. Lync has an option that allows you to specify the global font settings and then click a box that "applies settings to incoming messages."

This means that someone like myself, who is visually impaired, can then set the global font to say 16. Then all messages I type will be at size 16 and more importantly, all the messages I get back from people are going to be size 16 as well.

This option also allows people who Don't want to see messages in size 16 -don't have to. They can specify their own…

18 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Screen Sharing - add an "actual size" button to show the presenter's desktop resolution

It is difficult for viewers with poor vision to see desktops that are shared. HDMeeting and other videoconferencing apps have a UI element to show the 'actual size' of the display resolution.

Users can use the zoom button to enhance the Teams call controls, but not the shared screen.

11 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• High Contrast

For vision impaired uses that use custom High Contrast Theming, the Teams apps does not correctly map to the colors. For example, left list uses the Disabled vs Selected colors. Microsoft should be fully committed to one standard for Theming; especially for High Contrast Theme. It is critical for the vision impaired.

11 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

I apologize for being fairly ignorant on this topic. The color scheme setting can be found by clicking your portrait icon within Teams at the upper right. Under the General Settings you can select, Default color theme, Dark, or High Contrast. This follows the Windows OS high contrast theme and my understanding is also following the global standards.

If you are having issues could you let me know what exactly is happening or specifics you feel need to change? If you could tell me both and maybe even email me screen shots to TeamsML@microsoft.com I can work to see what I can do for you. Please list the subject in the email as “High Contrast”.

Thanks!
                      -Warren

• Register Global Hotkey

Register a global hotkey for windows (e.g. Win + T) to open up a new chat window, without having the application active.

s4b has such a global hotkeys

and ability to Customize the hotkeys

11 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

This item is not currently under consideration, though multi-window is the works.

Please keep the feedback coming and I will keep bringing it to the feature team for review.

Thank you!
                        -Warren

• Up Arrow / Keyboard to Edit Last Message in Teams / Channels

When will this be added to the compose message textbox in the Teams / Channels area of the app? It currently only functions in Chats and I'm sure a lot of people that voted for that (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16932934-up-arrow-to-edit-last-message) meant a vote for Channels / Teams, too or maybe even more importantly.

10 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Different Notification Colours

It would be nice if the "followed channel" notification was a different color than the "direct mention" indicator. since I can't tell the difference, i find myself heading over to teams just to see conversations that I'm probably not interested in, which ends up being bad context-switching for me

9 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

I would like to gather some more feedback about this topic. I understand the request is for different colored notifications but I wanted to see about your feedback on the different icons.

We currently have different icons depending on the activity you are being notified of.
                            Such as a direct mention in a channel with have the “@” symbol, letting you know you were @ mentioned.
                            A lightbulb icon lets you know about general activity within a channel you follow.
                            A chatbox icon appears when channel is mentioned that you are part of.

And so forth… do these icons help you understand the notifications or do you feel color differentiation is also required?

Let me know in the comments of this topic thread. Thanks!
                            -Warren

• Make the vertical scroll bar bigger and more visible

The vertical scroll bar is very thin and not easy to see or click on. Make it more like a regular Windows slider that is permanently visible.

8 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• scroll to zoom reversed

Scrolling to zoom into an image is reversed to what it should be. This behavior is on both mouse wheels and on the magic trackpad for mac

8 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Change 'Accept Call' button color to green to match other familiar UI elements

When I receive an incoming call request, if I'm on autopilot sometimes my inclination is to click on the red 'decline call' button because that button has a different color than the other buttons--this makes it stand out as an option.

If you changed the color of the 'accept call' button to a medium green, this would make both 'accept' and 'decline' stand out from the rest of the interface and also help facilitate usability for those who are partially blind.

Doing this would align the most important call interaction buttons to the same color scheme that iOS/Android use and…

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Better Support to copy

When the ellipses pop up there should be an option to select all and copy to clipboard. Currently when I try to copy the content of a one line text I got from someone else, the ellipses will pop up and actually block me from being able to select and copy what I need.

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it more clear when chatting in a group change vs. private chat

Please make it more clear you are in a group chat. There have been several times a user will say something in group chat and think they are in a private chat. A different color background and/or color font and/or icon to indicate a group chat.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Office Online tabs to respect the dark theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

Allow Office Online tabs (Excel, Word, OneNote, etc) to respect the dark / High Contrast theme setting rather than have a bright white default background.

As a sight loss user, this causes a barrier for me in the desktop version of Teams, causing eye strain.

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Enable scrolling through a channel with keyboard

When I'm working from home, I frequently am using a touchpad and keyboard for my work, so clicking on a scroll button and dragging is really hard and inconvenient.

Expected: When I click the pointer in a channel, a message should be selected, and the up and down arrows should move to the previous and next message, respectively.

Currently: Here is video.
                                        0:01 I select the channel
                                        0:04 move my pointer into the channel and click hoping to see a message selected.
                                        0:07, 0:09 I move a little closer to a message, and click again and again. Still nothing.
                                        0:10…

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make the window border more distinctive from the application behind it

The Teams window fades in colour to the bottom right which is where the corner resize handle is.
                                          The colour at this corner of the app is often the same colour as apps in the background which makes it hard to find/grab the resize handle.

6 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13