Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide "Open in Sharepoint" option in files menu

My company would like to restrict the "Open in Sharepoint" option in the files menu for certain teams/channels. The ability to hide this feature would be great.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a much more obvious indicator that a Team has "Guests"

My organization is EXTREMELY worried that a user may post something in a Team that has Guests without realizing external Customers may be in the Team. We are using the nomenclature that a Team name in ALL CAPS is a Team with external people, but it would be great if we could turn on a Banner on Posts (similar to the "This post will be seen by 65 people") in red or yellow so it's very very apparent that you are posting something external people can see.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. pop out teams channel

Pop out channel discussions into another window just like Chats.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Entry/exit announcement type

Entry/exit announcements for people who join with the Teams app. Right now it is only for the those who dial in from a phone. The ability to turn on and off per meeting would be nice as well.

221 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow multiple profile instances of desktop version of Teams

I would love the ability to have more than one instance of the Teams desktop application running so that I can easily jump between information located in different places in Teams. As an example, today I can run multiple instances of Outlook allowing me to click on one instance to view emails and a second instance to view the calendar. This allows me to easily to windowed side-by-side comparisons and not "lose my place" from where I was looking at before if I want to look somewhere else in the application.

218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable recovery of deleted Planner Tabs in MS Teams

If you create a Planner tab in Microsoft Teams from an existing plan and then delete the plan, there is no way to recover the plan at all. This has already resulted in my lost work for our users. A change is required to allow recovery of plans deleted in error via Microsoft Teams.

214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow direct routing numbers as Audio Conferencing dial in numbers.

Allow direct routing numbers to be assigned as Audio Conferencing dial in numbers

212 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to turn off Power BI Workspaces when Team site is created

Our organization is creating enormous number of team sites which in turn creates Power BI workspaces. It is creating clutter in Power BI world, need the ability to turn of selected components within O365.

211 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Organize teams

Not sure if this is out there but I think it would be very beneficial to be able to group teams into folders or groups. This would help our team a ton with organization.

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let us collapse/expand our teams list

One user asks for:
    I'm member of several teams in Teams and when I switch between channels in different teams, other teams seemingly at random collapse the channel lists. This impedes my workflow when I participate in discussions in several channels in different teams at the same time.

Another user says:
    Please give me an option to collapse or expand all Favorites

209 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide teams toolbar

We would like to hide the teams toolbar that stays in the left of the client. It takes up a lot of space in the view that could be used to improve the navigation in the team.

208 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make filter persistent. When I set a filter for Activity and then click on teams

Make filter persistent. When I set a filter for Activity and then click on Teams or Chat and then go back to Activity my filter has been removed. Make this persistent so I don't have to keep resetting the filter.

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Channels visibility

See all channels inside a teams in the left panel under the Team's Name

202 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Currently we have Teams defaulted to show you the first (up to five) channels ever created. If you want to add more channels to your left rail view, just click the ellipses next to the channel name and select “Favorite”. When you favorite the channel, it will then be “pinned” to your left rail under that team name.

Try that and let me know if that meets your needs!

Suphatra

15. Introduce a feature inside channels, to pin a post to the top

At present, it's very easy to miss seeing an important post in a sea of posts, on a channel that sees a lot of traction. There should ideally be an option to pin important posts to the top of the channel, so that it's not inconspicuous.

200 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove status messages showing up on every single chat

It gets really annoying when 1 out of 20 people in a group chat has a status message and it shows up all the time. Useless feature and gets in the way.

198 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding Users to Channel

There is need to be able to add member to a specific channel in a Team

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow admins to set default Team language

Microsoft Teams desktop client team is set to US date format MM/DD/YYYY by default. It would be ideal if Teams would pick up the default language / date format (English Australia for example) from either the Operating System or allow the administrator to set the default language without user intervention.

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to Completely Disable File Sharing

There needs to be a way to completely remove the "Files" tab from Teams and disable chat attachments as well, so users within the organization cannot share files.

We have a very strict structure for our internal file sharing and data organization, and cannot have even our internal users sharing files back and forth.

If this feature doesn't get added we will be forced to abandon Teams completely and go with a 3rd party or open source route.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Private channel access by non Team member

The new private channel functionality doesn’t solve the basic private channels need. We have tons of needs for private channels where we want to invite someone to a channel but not give them access to the rest of the team. One example: BD proposal where you need a non-BD team member to be involved. They can’t have access to other BD files, just this one channel for this one proposal. Since they can’t have access to other BD files they aren’t part of the team, but if they aren’t part of the team they can’t get access to the channel.…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base