Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create subfolder with each conversation

When you create a new channel it creates a new folder. In our use e we usually create subfolders in these channel folders. It would be great if conversations (or perhaps just those with subjects) would also create subfolders in the current channel folder.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Misspelling suggestions

When a word is thought to be misspelled there is a red zigzag under the word as is throughout other MSoft Apps. When you right click the subject word in TEAMs the "add to dictionary" option isn't there like it is in all other MSoft Apps. Please add this function, thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Larger Chat Function

Hi. I saw that you all are working on creating larger chat options for more than 20 people. Is there an estimated timeline?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When creating a Team from a template, copy over tabs (including links), the Files tab file/folder structure, and ability to copy lists

Take the current template functionality a step further by allowing the user to copy tabs that also setup the links/products they point to, allow files and folder structures from the files tab to copy over, and also allow the user to pick and choose other content from the SharePoint Team site like lists, doc libraries, etc. A use case our ours is having a Team setup to solely act as a template Team for Projects Managers to copy from so that they can have a standard setup for all projects.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate Channels from one team into one Dashboard channel for that Team

If your team has 50 projects and those projects have 10 standard data points across each project, it would be great if when you are setting up a channel, you could identify those data points and assign them to the main dashboard to autofill. For example, every project is its own channel under one Team and it has a name, project code, project owner, etc...and you may want a dashboard that collects all of the Project Names, codes, and data points in one list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search Users with mentions: I want to character searching.

The mentions search a user used forward match. But, I want to word search using the mentions.
    ex) Username: search.user@test.com
    >> "@sea" is find it! But, "@user" or "@*user" etc... is not find.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make chat interface cleaner

The Conversation window is full of wasted space. I need it to be flattened, with consistent display of time, username, and text all left-aligned. The 'conversation bubbles' are distracting and wasteful of space. Highlighting my own text is distracting from the actual information I care about, which is the text from whoever I'm chatting with. Slack does it great, with a different color for each user name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Needs to be a way to mark all activity as read

My activity indicator is getting spammed by commits and the like, CI/CD, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Keep people in the loop with Loops

Since we have been using Teams in our organisation (100+ people) since release we have grown into needing some form of group based chat that isn't via channels. The group Chats work ok but have limitations (newly invited users can't see history) and are missing features (Can't remove other users from a group chat).

Space here for Loops!

User created, administrated and deleted
    Potential to integrate with the lifecycle of the workitem
    Loops will be it's own custom channel made on the fly.
    Will will be administrated by a user or org administrators
    Will be able to have intergrations/automations
    History…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is missing

1. A tick for sent
    2. 2 ticks for received
    3. Change in colour of ticks when read
    4. Reply
    5. Forward

Sorry but without these most basic of basic features it sucks badly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove channel deletion message when channel is restored

Remove the "Person, Here deleted channel Channel Name." message when a channel is restored. It's slightly panic inducing (OMG, Channel Name is gone!?! ... Oh, wait, it's right there) and publicizes the error I managed to undo all by myself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. channel converastion

Channel content will be updated when someone reply the trend.
    Can we adjust this feature a bit? It really makes confusion for users. Don't know which message is the latest.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete meeting recordings and mention of meetings

When I record a meeting it posts it to the Channel. This is great, but there is no way to remove the recording once it is posted. I can go to Stream and delete it there, but the reference with a dead link still remains on Teams. Also, every time I start a meeting it leaves a reference in the channel. There is no way to delete those either. I'd love to be able to clean up my channels and remove all of those meeting references and dead recording links. Please enable the ability to keep an organized and clean…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Quick Navigation

You should add a hotkey to search for channels or conversations. Slack uses control T and it's super useful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email Icon and accessibility

Add the Email icon (just like you have for calendar) on the left bar. Instant access to email, this way i can stay in teams all day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding a slideshow possibility in a teams window.

When multiple files in jpg ot png are in files. It could be useful to watch them as a slideshow and not being obliged to open/close every file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. subject for new documents

Today, when you createa new Office doc (Excel, PowerPoint, Word...) and choose to start the conversation about that file, you have no way to choose a subject.

Can we have an option, at the moment the conversation starts, to add a subject so we see more as a heading than just the file itself?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email notifications should include the entire post, not just partial

We now get email notifications when not logged into teams and it includes the first portion of the post. It should include the entire post so we can decide if we need to login to Teams to reply or not.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A permanent banner for the channel with brief summary of channel intent

A banner for the channel that is permanently visible with brief summary of channel intent, to guide users on where to post material so it fits with the overall structure of the Teams area.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. ADM Templates

We would really make good use of user ADM templates to control aspects of Teams, like the ability to disable running on startup, proxy connections, and other settings. We currently have no easy way of disabling already installed versions of Teams from running on startup, which is causing various issues for teachers in lessons.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.