Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add onedrive for business folder to Channel

It would be nice to be able to add a Onedrive for Business "Share" link to a channel.

Example: We have a shared OneDrive for Business - we use a general account, and we share credentials and/or share the root folder with the team.

We have folders that have files for a specific team (pre-existing prior to Microsoft Teams being published) in this shared OneDrive. It would be nice to be able to associate that EXISTING folder to a channel.

As of now, we can only create a NEW sharepoint library, we would like to attach an existing library that…

49 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Need Better clarity / functionality around archiving or exporting channels / threads

I understand that Teams archives for retention purposes, but we need to have the ability to archive for organization purposes channels associated with projects that are complete. We don't want to set up a new "Team" every time there is a new project, as typically the same "Team" works on multiple projects. Instead, it would be great to be able to archive a Channel, however keeping that Channel as part of the searchable/indexed materials (so that a user could later keyword search for items in an archived Channel).

What should also be possible is to "export" a channel conversation to…

48 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Unify email group and channel feed/posts

When I create a team, I get an O365 Group with it, and an Outlook DL. I can also sign up for notifications for the channel.

The channel feed and email group should behave consistently:
        - If I email the DL, it should appear in the Team feed.
        - If I post in the Team Feed, and I have notifications turned on, it should email me. If I respond, that should appear in the Team Feed.
        - I should not have to go to Groups or Outlook to find some of the messages, but see others in the Team Feed...…

48 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Sub-Teams

Ability to have sub-teams within a larger team chat structure. These sub-teams should receive notifications on issues that pertain to them while the rest of the team can see the messages but should not be notified.

As an example, we have two teams(data management and tech support) that coordinate work together in a channel (support services team). When messages need to alert TS or DM but not both, there is no way to use @data management to notify only the relevant part of the team. We have to use @support services to get the attention of both.

46 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • ability to move new message to be a child of the previous message

The most frequent mistake made in our usage of Teams channels is that everyone will eventually post a new message when they intended to reply to the latest message. Even those of us that have made the mistake before will make it again.

It would be great if there was an option against a new message to associate it with the previous message. This would save any hassle of removing the message and reposting it as a child of the previous message.

45 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Member Permissions for Channels

Request #1: Currently, as shown in that attachment, permissions can only be changed for the general channel. Allow these settings to be changed for each channel.

Request #2: Add an addition option where "Only owners can start a new conversation, but anyone can reply". Example use: Only a manager could post an announcement, but everyone could reply to that comment.

45 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug? Uploading team logo does not always work

I experienced this error several times now. I created a new team and tried to upload a team picture. No matter which size or file type (png, jpg), I always get the message "Problem uploading your picture. Please try again later."
                Then I created another team and the picture upload worked without any problem. After waiting approx. 5 minutes, uploading worked on the first team.

Why is that? Do we just have to wait some time before we add a team picture? Then some notification would ne nice when creating a new team.

Great work by the way! :-)

45 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Sharing Desktop Zoom in and out capability

Participants should have the capability to zoom in on the user who's sharing their screen with the participants.
                  this functionality is available on Skype for business, it's called Actual Size / Windows Fit

44 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

We are actively working on developing a solution for this. I will update when this gets to testing/validation.

-Suphatra

• Microsoft Flow Action to Create Team

Would be nice to have an Action in Microsoft Flow to Create a Team. Currently only the 'create channel' is available.

42 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

42 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

• Ability to search files within the Files tab in a Team

One good feature would be to be able to search in the Files section within a Team. You can provide a search button so we can search through the Files section without leaving the app.

42 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Display channel members

I know this can be seen on a separate screen, but if you're going to take the IRC model, don't leave out some of the best parts. I'd like to see a channel member list down the right side, like you can get in Slack and IRC. This could be especially useful in the integrated microsoft environment, plus I like to see who I'm talking to.

42 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow delete in General channel Conversations tab

I can delete inside of every channel conversation tab except the General channel. This General channel conversation is precisely, and unfortunately, where inappropriate content will find it's way under Murphy's Law...

41 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Teams Live Meetings - entrance and exit announcements

While holding a live meeting in Teams, when someone dials in to the meeting or leaves the meeting, their entrance and exit is announced to the group. This disrupts the flow of the meeting when someone is talking/presenting. Please allow the meeting facilitator to turn off notifications of members entering and exiting the meeting. In addition, the option of universal mute would be great, as unmuted participants can often result in echo feedback which disrupts the meeting.

41 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Deleting conversations in Channels by Owner

Hi,

if we have to delete any conversations happened in the Teams, Group owner should have that access, unfortunately only member (not an owner) is able to delete the conversation or message that they sent.

Can you look in to this ?

41 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Re-order channels

Is it possible to re-order the channels within Teams so that you can choose which channel to have first, e.g. with the most frequent traffic or highest relevance, rather than alphabetical order?

Going one step further can channels with high traffic automatically feature first?

41 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Virtual group for tagging multiple members inside a group

Make a virtual user grouping that can be managed by conversation group admin.

For example, all the release teams in the company are on a single Teams conversation group. If a person wants to address all the scrum masters in their message, there is no way to do it currently except to @tag each one of them.

My suggestion is to have a virtual grouping like @ScrumMasters. The group name and the members of that group should be manageable by the admin for the whole group.

40 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Use Slack-Style Channel Joins Instead of Favorites/Follows

The channel architecture in Microsoft Teams is unintuitive and confusing.

Follow vs Favorite a Channel: What is the difference? Which one will alert me to new messages? Which one will alert me to channel mentions? How do I know who will receive notifications when I mention a channel?

We have many project-related channels and it's difficult to notify project members.

Slack's channels are intuitive and notifications are transparent. Joining a channel in Slack is committing to involvement in that channel. Naturally, members will receive channel mention notifications by default, as expected.

In Teams, users can participate in a channel but…

40 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Allow organizer to end meetings.

People should not have to manually leave meetings in order for them to end. We have had several people forget to manually leave meetings, and the channel continues to show that a meeting is in progress when in fact it has ended.

The organizer of channel meetings should be able to 'end' meetings altogether instead of simply leaving the meeting space.

40 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add archiving feature on Teams' posts

Considering that teams channel are sometime used for discussing projects, problems, long term plans, etc. in business regardless of the size. Having the possibility to archive an entire post (and its replies) either in an dedicated archive feature added to teams or give the option to send the post to a different teams / channel ( that would be used for various backup decisions or archiving data) would be a great addition to MS Teams.

This would go hand in hand with the search feature in Teams to easily find old post that would be relevant reference to a new…

39 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base