Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tracking changes in Microsoft Teams

It's a real bummer to not be able to track changes when files are edited in MS teams. I am a teacher and I think this feature is so important for me to give students feedback (my edits) on the work they submitted.

Hope to see this feature soon!

303 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

51 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. intro the ability to put participant thumbnail views during a Teams meeting to the top of the screen when someone is sharing

Introduce option to put participant thumbnail views during a Teams meeting to the top of the screen when someone is sharing their screen.
    Zoom does this and visually it looks like we're talking to each other as opposed to the bottom of our screens. That slight tilt of the neck is ever-so more ergonomic too.

297 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Live Meetings - entrance and exit announcements

While holding a live meeting in Teams, when someone dials in to the meeting or leaves the meeting, their entrance and exit is announced to the group. This disrupts the flow of the meeting when someone is talking/presenting. Please allow the meeting facilitator to turn off notifications of members entering and exiting the meeting. In addition, the option of universal mute would be great, as unmuted participants can often result in echo feedback which disrupts the meeting.

290 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Microsoft Access Databases to TEAMs

Allow TEAMs to import Microsoft Access Data Bases and Files

283 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nested Teams and sub channels (Re-opened)

1541 have already voted for this, but Microsoft have disabled the option for addition votes. (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16954120-nested-teams-and-subchannels)

Sub channels or grouping of channels, createdand managed by the team owner.

Could it be possible to create teams within teams. For example, we have a Development Team at our company which consists of two sub-teams, tech support team and project team.

I’d love to be able to have a “home” top-level channel for my project team, and then have sub-channels for each project that we are working on.

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Customize the Lobby View

I would like to customize the Lobby view after I ship out an invite to a third party. Some examples:
    - Adding my company logo
    - Embedding the lobby in surrounding HTML.

Lobby screenshot attached.

279 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow me to share multiple applications without sharing my entire screen.

We often share during calls, but sharing the entire screen is not helping when reminders come in that distract from the shared screen and discussion. It would be great to have a feature similar to WebEx allowing the selection of multiple apps that are ok to share (e.g. all xls and all ppt, but not other apps).

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar coloring

Would be good if we can have a color code option in Microsoft Teams Calendar to identify calendar events quickly!

266 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Each instance of a recurring meeting should have separate conversation history

We have a recurring meeting tied to the team's channel and the conversation history has grown way too long over time. Each reply also notifies the accumulation of all participants even if they're not attending the current instance anymore.

262 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unread Team & Channel filter

When there are a lot of Teams and Channels it is hard to see them all on one page (even when Channels are 'collapsed'). Having a quick-to-select "Show Unread Teams & respective Channels" filter would make focussing on unread items much quicker and easier

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharing Desktop Zoom in and out capability

Participants should have the capability to zoom in on the user who's sharing their screen with the participants.
    this functionality is available on Skype for business, it's called Actual Size / Windows Fit

246 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

We are actively working on developing a solution for this. I will update when this gets to testing/validation.

-Suphatra

12. Allow HTML embedding of Teams Channels

We are looking to embed a Teams Channel directly into a web app (the shortest path for a user to ask for help), but we see this error:

Refused to display 'https://teams.microsoft.com/dl/launcher/launcher.html?url=<CHANNEL_URL>' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'.

This would be immensely useful to have.

If the concern is security, perhaps you could let users specify a list of allowed domains from which the channel can be embedded?

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add an Agile Planning Poker Plugin

It would be great to have a plugin for collecting Agile Planning Poker Estimates in Teams. Ideally you could:
    - Geed it a backlog query from on-premises TFS
    - Select a backlog item
    - Collect estimates privately
    - Have them shown all at once and then averaged based on your own formula (straight average, averaged to nearest Fibonacci number, etc.)
    - Have the result fed back into on-premises TFS.

Even without TFS integration it would still be extremely useful it could handle collection and aggregation of the estimates. It would give us a reason to use Teams over just Skype…

244 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. disable team creation

From a safeguarding and child protection point of view, in a school environment, it is not appropriate to allow students or staff to create new teams. Can the ability to disable team creation please be added?

Unfortunately the powershell options to disable teams/O365 groups requires you to have Azure AD Premium, which many peopl including ourselves do not have. The UI option in Azure AD to stop users creating security/O365 groups, even when set to No, does not work.

Students are still able to create Teams, and the fear is that this could be used for bullying purposes. Our senior…

238 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable video pop-out for non-presenters

As a non-presenting participant in a Teams meeting I want to be able to see both shared content and the video feed of other members simultaneously. I need to be able to view and control (e.g. move and resize) both the shared content and video feeds separate from each other.

Currently as a participant in a Teams meeting I cannot pop-out the video feeds as a separate window viewable at the same time as the shared content window. Only the presenter can get the participant video feeds in a separate pop-out window from the shared content.

As a non-presenting participant…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. call history

Retain call history greater than 30 days and the ability to export Teams call history .

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting notes should allow full OneNote capability

Full OneNote capability should be available in Meeting Notes. For example you cannot use flags in Meeting Notes but flags are available and commonly used in OneNote. Another example is basic cut/copy/paste functionality is different between OneNote and Meeting Notes.

227 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mark all as Read

I constantly have notification warnings for teams I am in but rarely interact with. I can't get these notifications to go away unless I click each message and team window so that they are marked as read.

There needs to be a "Mark all as read" button some where.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

225 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. show local time with timezone in profile card user

Show local time with timezone in profile card user what would be great acting with an international team. My team members are spread around the globe and it is handy to see quickly what the local time is in the place they are hanging out at that moment for the choice of seeking direct or indirect contact.

224 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base