Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for collapsing embedded media

Teams already automatically shrinks/collapses large blocks of text so it astounds me that this feature doesn't already exist.

Our team is quickly adopting a lot of integrations from the existing MS Product suite, as well as from third parties, we're very quickly finding ourselves with giant embedded image, document, website, tab, etc... notifications which clutter up the chat. Our users have no way to clear up this clutter and as a result often find themselves "missing" messages that appear between embedded media.

There have been other requests for collapsing gifs/images but I think it goes far beyond just images. Slack…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove subject from new "conversation" feature

Remove the "Subject" line from the new conversations feature. It makes sense to have a subject on an announcement, but having it on a simple conversation adds a level of formality or complexity to the conversation...its almost like youre composing an email. Even if its not required it takes more time to post because now you have to think oh wait, does this need a subject?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Version history of feedback in Assignments

It would be great if there were a version history of the feedback in Assignments if or when feedback is deleted by accident.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Do not display email addresses that can not be chatted by search.

There is no need for email addresses that are not originally supposed to be chat partners to be displayed as search results when users search, so you need a function that does not display email addresses that can not be chatted in the results.
    Even if it is displayed, it is also necessary to specify an email address that can not be signed in, and to make an error message reply.
    I want to conclude with the features of “Microsoft Teams”. Therefore, I would like it to be implemented in the Microsoft Teams Administration Center.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add new conversations tab

We would like to create another "conversations tab" so that discussions can be sorted accordingly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. typing conversations

Please allow that Conversations in all Channels indicate when someone is typing, and ideally identify exactly who is typing. This is enabled throughout all channels in Slack, and it's enormously helpful. It enables the entire audience in a conversation to know that members are actively responding.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Streamline! Currently too clumsy

Should be much simpler and straight forward to use such as whatsapp.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring Skype like feature in MS Teams : save conversation history in outlook

Notifications/ Adding to conversation history were very popular in Skype for business. Could you please bring that back in Microsoft Teams, by enabling better integration between teams and outlook.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exibir quem já leu a mensagem enviada para equipe, canal ou chat.

Mostrar em uma lista, quem já leu a mensagem postada.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to support external clients for all existing features of Skype for Business

If Teams is to replace Skype for Business it has to support external users. We use this feature extensively. We need to collaborate with partners which are OUTSIDE our company domain. We need an easy way to add "teams" that adds outside users (in our case from partners) and provide all the features that Skype Business did like phone calls, IM, Conferencing etc. I could not find an easy way (or at all) to do this. If that isn't provided we would have to skip Teams (old Skype) all together and get another vendor to solve this business need.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hide General channel in Teams

I would like you to enable to hide the General channel in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Profile pictures missing

In Microsoft Teams the profile pictures of all our users "disappeared" at about 5/21/2019 in the desktop app and in the browser. Is that a general bug/incident or only for us (and one other » https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Missing-Profile-Pictures-in-Teams/m-p/623945)?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Boa tarde...quando mando uma mensagem para um grupo/equipe não apresenta um alerta de que tem uma nova mensagem...precisam corrigir isso!!!

Boa tarde...quando mando uma mensagem para um grupo/equipe não apresenta um alerta de que tem uma nova mensagem...precisam corrigir isso!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display an icon on the current company.

Display an icon on the current company.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make error message verbiage more clear so users don't just give up on Teams

Teams seems to be throwing errors lately when users try to access files from the Files tab. Attached is an example of one of the error messages - which is pretty dismissive essentially telling the user "you're out of luck", but the reality is all the user had to do to see the files was refresh Teams and the files showed up as-expected.

My recommendation would be to update these types of error messages to provide more solutions and workarounds, instead of simply telling people "too bad, so sad", add some "Try Again" verbiage with a button they can click…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to be able to log in to my company teams AND my client teams instance from the same app. Slack has this capability.

Need to be able to log in to my company teams AND my client teams instance from the same app. Slack has this capability

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I'd like to get the guest users list

I need "guest users list" who is using Microsoft teams.
    I refer to the team information on Microsoft Teams admin center, however, it is not "list".
    It is important information so please make function that can get users list as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Let me choose whether to send a chat by pressing the Enter key

At the moment, it is sent when you press Enter when entering a chat.
    This will cause frequent transmissions.
    Desktop and mobile apps should also have the option to choose whether to send by pressing the Enter key

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hide the team owners from the Members tab

I would like to have an option to hide team owners from the Members tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base