Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View members from a channel

Often you want to check who are members of a specific team when you are in a channel. Now you have to leave the channel to look it up. Clicking the name of the team could be one way of showing the team members straight from the team view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1. Get rid of Teams. 2. Leave Skype as is. 3. At least add customized notification sounds to IMs in Teams.

Make Teams as customizable and user-friendly as Skype for Business. Preferably, just get rid of Teams altogether and stay with Skype. Microsoft has a keen knack of screwing up things that works just fine to begin with. Microsoft Teams is too "busy." Think simple, think intuitive, think Apple. The people who design ** software obviously have never actually used the software for the purpose for which it is designed. BUT, if you are -bent on going forward with killing Skype, at least give us a way to hear the IMs being received. Isn't that the point of messaging software?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow renaming (Guest) part in user information to any preferable name for Microsoft Teams member

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teamsのメンバーに対し、アカウント名の後に付く (ゲスト) を任意の名前に変える設定の追加要望

Allow renaming (Guest) part in user information to any preferable name for Microsoft Teams member

■Description(内容):
    現在Teamsのメンバーに対し、アカウント名の後に付く (ゲスト) を任意の名前に変える機能が提供されていない。
    アカウント名の後に付く (ゲスト) を任意の名前に変える設定の追加要望します。

In Microsoft Teams we see the user information as user’s account names and (Guest) following account names.
    Currently, the ability to rename the (Guest) part to any preferable name in Microsoft Teams is not provided, therefore, please introduce the setting to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The texting method needs improvement

Please improve your texting method! Why does it seperate each comment from the another? While the same person is writing? It distracts the

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mitarbeiter mit Adressen kann in Teams nicht angezeigt werden.

Teammitglieder können nicht mit allen Infos angezeigt werden.

Adresse
    Geburtstag
    Bild Foto

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When the meeting organizer clicks the Teams Meeting button within the invite (highlighted in 1st screenshot), we were expecting the meeting

When you click the Teams button within a calendar invite (highlighted in 1st screenshot), it just opens a meeting room with no one in it (2nd screenshot). We are requesting for all attendees to be able to either join on host the meeting if they are the organizer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Puhelimella olisi kiva pystyä

lisäämään tiedostoja file-välilehdelle

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow users to share files without being in a team

It would be great if everyone would be able to share SharePoint files in Chat without being in a team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restore the ability to "like" a post without having to hover over the post to click the "thumbs up" icon

I often use the "like" button in Teams for a variety of purposes including:
    1) Agreement with the post content
    2) Acknowledgement that I have read the message or will act on it
    etc..

Consequently, I click "like" on a lot of posts; the latest update which moves the "like" button from being always visible next to the post into an on-hover post menu (which once it appears I then have to position the mouse again over the "like" icon) is not an improvement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Power BI in MS Teams

Hi, how can I use Power BI? It seems disable. How can I request it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ambiente misto, instancias ou trocas rapidas de organizacao

Tenho 2 clientes que usam a ferramenta. Preciso de comunicacao em tempo real com eles. Porem a troca entre organizacoes é muito demorada. Podia ter um ambiente misto, com mais de uma organizacao e vc poderia diferencialas por cores(sei, mudaria muito a estrutura na qual a ferramenta foi desenhada) mas seria fantástico. Ou, essa é mais simples, permitir mais de uma instancia, tanto no Windows quanto n mobile. Porque nao posso ter dois ambientes de duas empresas diferentes, abertos para comunicação? Se existe uma solução, por favor me oriente.

Obrigado

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Multi Window needs to be standard with Teams The company's platform that is runs on is called WINDOWS!!!!!!!

This shouldnt even be a discussion. This should have been done already!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix your useless ******* ****

Decommission this completely. Just keeps telling me "Unable to connect" with no diagnostics or ability to correct. Utter utter . Typical * Microsoft **.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. C

Can we please have "people" back. I want my Outlook contacts to be visible and immediately available.Suggest to display Contact on first screen and default to outlook contacts. Creating a "Team" for each contact is a bad idea.
    I appreciate the move away from the "OneDrive for Business" misnomer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Users have no option to change their video device" is VERY bad.

The media configuration options for Skype(Business)/Lync are FAR more comprehensive than Teams. These are needed to help select among different cameras, audio, etc. Bring them back or make Teams optional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pick which greeting to use

I want to be able to record an alternate greeting when I am on vacation and then select that one to be used when I'm away, versus changing my default greeting all the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base