Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Conversations/Topics per Channel

It would be great if we could add additional Conversation Tabs to channels.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete meeting recordings and mention of meetings

When I record a meeting it posts it to the Channel. This is great, but there is no way to remove the recording once it is posted. I can go to Stream and delete it there, but the reference with a dead link still remains on Teams. Also, every time I start a meeting it leaves a reference in the channel. There is no way to delete those either. I'd love to be able to clean up my channels and remove all of those meeting references and dead recording links. Please enable the ability to keep an organized and clean…

385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Guests to schedule Private and Channel meetings

We work with partners remotely who are just as much a part of our team as those who work for us. These partners are invited to our teams as guests and we would like them to be enabled to schedule meetings for the team. When we try to enable the switch for this it won't allow it so it must be an administratively prevented option.

383 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mention one @Team2 from inside another Team1

I found a similar idea already posted but not as simply put.

I want to mention a team from within a different team.

Real world scenario: we have a team for gym members, and we're setting up another team which is likely to attract people from the same interest group as the gym. We want to @mention this new team inside the gym team, allowing people to click the mention and go to the team and join.

383 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

381 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search all the words in a Team Name when searching for a Team

When I search for a team, I can only search on the first word of the team name. Searching should search all the words in the team name.

If I have a team called Software Deployments and I do a search for Deployments, I won't find the team. I have to search for Software and then it brings up Software Deployments.

Please fix this ASAP.

368 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to Disable Public Teams

We only want our users to create private teams in MS Teams. Currently it is possible to create Public Teams. We would like the ability to manage this to disable\enable Public Teams

357 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. turn off sounds

I want to be able to TURN OFF notification sounds. I don't mind the visual notification, but the sound is very distracting. I want to be able to concentrate on what I'm doing without the constant distraction of the sounds.

349 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

89 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Status Idle Time

These settings are currently - If you've been idle for 10 minutes or more, Teams will automatically change your status from Available to Away.

This NEEDS to be something as a user you can manually change the idle time like Skype for business (see attached image).

346 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Duplicate/Clone a channel within a team

I run regular events which I create a channel for each event within the team, including the planning app with buckets and actions.

It is very time consuming to set up the channel/planner each time and would be preferable to set up a template which I can duplicate for each new event, including the planner app.

345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Team Dashboard / Landing Page

When you click on a Team, it would be nice if you got a dashboard for the team / landing page instead of going directly to the "general" channel.

This would be a great place to roll-up information for activity in the team:
    - recent conversations (from all channels within the team)
    - recent or all documents (similar to the OneDrive landing page, but scoped to the Team
    - search
    - membership list
    - pinned content
    - static content (to post general team information)

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Most recent conversations/replies on top.

I'd like most recent conversations/replies on top. Scrolling to the bottom to see the newest replies is a terrible experience.

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

53 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Renaming a Microsoft Team

Currently when you rename a Microsoft Team it changes the display name to the new team name however on the backend in Exchange the old email address and alias remain, and a new email address with the new team name does not get created. When a Microsoft Team gets renamed it would be nice if a new email address and alias get assigned, and the old email address get shifted to a secondary alias.

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to reorder channels

It would be helpful to be able to reorder channels for continuity in teams and ease of use for members.

330 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Planner access in chat

In Teams, on the Chat component, I'd like to be able to add Planner app as a tab. I have some activities that involve simply working with an individual (effectively, a team of One) and communicating via Chat seems more conducive to setting up a separate TEAM channel

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to print a conversation thread

Our HR unit is using Channels with threads that is to be printed for handout purposes (procedures) They are suggesting the ability to print a thread would be very helpful as oppose to having to screenshot the whole page.

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mark all as read at the team level

Add an option to "Mark all as read" at the team level to mark all channel of the team as read.

This would allow to clear new message that we don't want to read.

318 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow organizer to close participant video in Teams meeting

When having multiple persons participating Teams meeting often it is nice to join with video on. Sometimes others may suffer a poor-quality connection or have their webcam pointed in other direction than it supposed. Is there a roadmap to allow the meeting organizer to switch off the participants video like you can mute other persons?

316 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. hide general channel

Add the ability to hide the General channel (not rename/delete, as has already been declined)

310 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 309 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is reviewing this ask and working on a solution for team templates without content, as well as considering ways to create teams from template with content (i.e. files, etc.). We will share an update as soon as one is available.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base