Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Conversations/Topics per Channel

It would be great if we could add additional Conversation Tabs to channels.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

46 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use of a laser pointer in screen share

Having the use of a laser pointer in screenshare within Teams, and the ability to switch between a laser pointer, normal arrow and drawing pen would be an extremely useful addition.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Live Meetings - entrance and exit announcements

While holding a live meeting in Teams, when someone dials in to the meeting or leaves the meeting, their entrance and exit is announced to the group. This disrupts the flow of the meeting when someone is talking/presenting. Please allow the meeting facilitator to turn off notifications of members entering and exiting the meeting. In addition, the option of universal mute would be great, as unmuted participants can often result in echo feedback which disrupts the meeting.

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy conversation link in a private channel

I'd like to be able to copy a conversation link in a private channel, like you can for a public channel. This presently doesn't exist. I would imagine the link would appear as a dead link (not authorized), to anyone not in the private channel.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Duplicate/Clone a channel within a team

I run regular events which I create a channel for each event within the team, including the planning app with buckets and actions.

It is very time consuming to set up the channel/planner each time and would be preferable to set up a template which I can duplicate for each new event, including the planner app.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. turn off sounds

I want to be able to TURN OFF notification sounds. I don't mind the visual notification, but the sound is very distracting. I want to be able to concentrate on what I'm doing without the constant distraction of the sounds.

249 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assignments hand-in no work or blank work

Teachers are assigning work for students to complete. But students are handing in assignments with no work or blank work.
    Can the Hand-In button be disabled if students have not uploaded anything or added to the resources they have been provided.
    Part of schools working remotely is trying to keep a track of which students are not completing work. Then calling parents to discuss this. Making it so that students can hand in an assignment without having done anything makes checking very difficult.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tracking changes in Microsoft Teams

It's a real bummer to not be able to track changes when files are edited in MS teams. I am a teacher and I think this feature is so important for me to give students feedback (my edits) on the work they submitted.

Hope to see this feature soon!

224 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. hard delete deleted channels

is there any way of "hard" deleting, deleted channels?
    i've did some testing regarding the 200 channel limit, now i can't create new channels, as still the limit is reached because the test channels are still under deleted channels….

222 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hide general channel

Add the ability to hide the General channel (not rename/delete, as has already been declined)

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to print a conversation thread

Our HR unit is using Channels with threads that is to be printed for handout purposes (procedures) They are suggesting the ability to print a thread would be very helpful as oppose to having to screenshot the whole page.

220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Warren responded

We’ve heard your suggestions and are working on the ability to clone an existing team using a template. When released, if you were to click on Add Team, then Create a Team, you would get the UI pop up that prompts you to “Create your Team” but, if you look to the bottom of the UI you would see the option to choose “Create a team using an existing team as a template”! Once you select that option, you would be able choose which channels, team settings, apps, and members to inherit via a simple setup wizard.
    Look for this feature to release by the end of the calendar year! And thank you all for the great feedback. -Warren

13. Add an Agile Planning Poker Plugin

It would be great to have a plugin for collecting Agile Planning Poker Estimates in Teams. Ideally you could:
    - Geed it a backlog query from on-premises TFS
    - Select a backlog item
    - Collect estimates privately
    - Have them shown all at once and then averaged based on your own formula (straight average, averaged to nearest Fibonacci number, etc.)
    - Have the result fed back into on-premises TFS.

Even without TFS integration it would still be extremely useful it could handle collection and aggregation of the estimates. It would give us a reason to use Teams over just Skype…

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unread Team & Channel filter

When there are a lot of Teams and Channels it is hard to see them all on one page (even when Channels are 'collapsed'). Having a quick-to-select "Show Unread Teams & respective Channels" filter would make focussing on unread items much quicker and easier

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow multiple profile instances of desktop version of Teams

I would love the ability to have more than one instance of the Teams desktop application running so that I can easily jump between information located in different places in Teams. As an example, today I can run multiple instances of Outlook allowing me to click on one instance to view emails and a second instance to view the calendar. This allows me to easily to windowed side-by-side comparisons and not "lose my place" from where I was looking at before if I want to look somewhere else in the application.

197 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Outlook Tasks Integration

Need to have a way to integrate with Outlook tasks, or have task management within teams that operates like Outlook tasks allowing you to get reminders for due tasks, view your tasks list etc.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Channels visibility

See all channels inside a teams in the left panel under the Team's Name

192 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Currently we have Teams defaulted to show you the first (up to five) channels ever created. If you want to add more channels to your left rail view, just click the ellipses next to the channel name and select “Favorite”. When you favorite the channel, it will then be “pinned” to your left rail under that team name.

Try that and let me know if that meets your needs!

Suphatra

19. Planner access in chat

In Teams, on the Chat component, I'd like to be able to add Planner app as a tab. I have some activities that involve simply working with an individual (effectively, a team of One) and communicating via Chat seems more conducive to setting up a separate TEAM channel

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. There needs to be permissions on channels

This is hugely important as 1 team may have multiple levels of engineers on different levels.

Note, this is a built in feature of Slack.

185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base