Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

95 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

94 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
        Suphatra

• Most recent conversations/replies on top.

I'd like most recent conversations/replies on top. Scrolling to the bottom to see the newest replies is a terrible experience.

91 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Improve UI for following channels

It seems that to get proper notification about channel activity, you have to "follow" a channel. However this is far from obvious as the option is buried in a context menu. Furthermore, the fact whether a channel is followed/not followed is not clearly indicated.

I would prefer if the follow/unfollow option was indicated in a similar way as the favourite channel star, placing a symbol besides the channel name that can be toggled with the mouse.

Furthermore channels in the "n more channels" popup currently can't be followed. That should be possible.

88 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Properly Delete a Channel

When a channel is deleted its activity remains in the Notifications section of the Activity tab and its conversations are visible. Also the ellipsis will allow you to select 'Delete this Channel' (again) and the File tab below the ellipsis shows an 'Unknown Error' message (I'd deleted the SharePoint folder too). When a channel is deleted, everything related to it in the UI should disappear. There is a valid argument to retaining the Files and Notes on SharePoint, to be deleted manually if desired.

86 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't hide channels in the "More channels" dropdown when there is space to display them

If there's only one more channel, it doesn't make sense to hide it behind a "More channels dropdown", you're not saving any space. I've noticed this with a few things in Teams, if there is room to display all of the channels vertically, or very few extra channels, it's bad UX to hide them behind a link.

84 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Search all the words in a Team Name when searching for a Team

When I search for a team, I can only search on the first word of the team name. Searching should search all the words in the team name.

If I have a team called Software Deployments and I do a search for Deployments, I won't find the team. I have to search for Software and then it brings up Software Deployments.

Please fix this ASAP.

83 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

82 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to Copy a Team

It would be really useful to copy a team with all Channels and files/tabs associated, this way we could create a template and copy it when creating new teams

82 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve heard your suggestions and are working on the ability to clone an existing team using a template. When released, if you were to click on Add Team, then Create a Team, you would get the UI pop up that prompts you to “Create your Team” but, if you look to the bottom of the UI you would see the option to choose “Create a team using an existing team as a template”! Once you select that option, you would be able choose which channels, team settings, apps, and members to inherit via a simple setup wizard.
                      Look for this feature to release by the end of the calendar year! And thank you all for the great feedback. -Warren

• Introduce a feature inside channels, to pin a post to the top

At present, it's very easy to miss seeing an important post in a sea of posts, on a channel that sees a lot of traction. There should ideally be an option to pin important posts to the top of the channel, so that it's not inconspicuous.

80 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Outlook Tasks Integration

Need to have a way to integrate with Outlook tasks, or have task management within teams that operates like Outlook tasks allowing you to get reminders for due tasks, view your tasks list etc.

79 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Conversation migration

Need ability to move or migrate conversation data in the event we merge an old team to a new one

73 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

72 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • sort teams function

the ability to sort teams alphabetically would be nice. and possibly other filters.

71 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mention one @Team2 from inside another Team1

I found a similar idea already posted but not as simply put.

I want to mention a team from within a different team.

Real world scenario: we have a team for gym members, and we're setting up another team which is likely to attract people from the same interest group as the gym. We want to @mention this new team inside the gym team, allowing people to click the mention and go to the team and join.

71 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 70 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Each instance of a recurring meeting should have separate conversation history

We have a recurring meeting tied to the team's channel and the conversation history has grown way too long over time. Each reply also notifies the accumulation of all participants even if they're not attending the current instance anymore.

65 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Delete Connector Generated Posts

We have an RSS connector publishing posts to a channel. Sometimes, these posts aren't relevant to the channel.

It would be good if anyone (or possibly just the Group Owners) could delete these connector generated posts.

Without deleting the post, relevant channel connect gets pushed up the feed meaning its more likely that useful conversations aren't seen.

64 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Combine conversations

Sometimes it happens, that a reply to a conversation is not created (by user) as a reply but with a new conversation.
                                        I must say, that this is happening very often.

Due to this fact, I request a feature to combine existing conversations into one!

That would be also helpful for conversations that are created by receiving Emails with the Emails-connector. Often those conversation based on Emails should get combined or get connected afterwards.

63 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hash Tag and Find option in Microsoft teams

This will help us categorise every conversation under the umbrella of Hash Tag also provide find option do that any information can be found using keywords

62 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base