Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. rearrange video pane/window in Teams

ability to rearrange the speaker & participants videos in the window. you should be able to move the video pane to the top of the screen

634 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

88 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tagging in private channels

Tags are finally out!

But it works only for public channels in a Team. It would be great to have the same functionality for private channels.

Use case:
    We are providing a DMS support for our organizational units in MS Teams.
    Each organizational unit has its own private channel where the support team and the organizational unit users are finding place. Private channels are used to avoid data leak. For the users it's difficult to mentrion all the people from the support team using @.

So it would be greate to have the same functionallity for tags as public channels…

587 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the Team.…

582 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

4. Prevent owner from deleting Team

We should be able to lock Team / Office 365 group from being deleted by Group owner.

573 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

554 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

6. Public Channels

Public channels will provide an outbound communication window for a team to engage with everyone in their organization.  These channels are accessible to everyone within the org, without the need to join.

For instance, we may have a team that is private and deals with network issues. They may want a public channel where they can provide updates to existing issues or answer questions users may have. Otherwise, you may end up with two teams in this instance: a private network team and a public network team.

551 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. clean up deleted conversations

When a conversation is deleted, it should be removed from the thread. If the conversation is a top level conversation, there's nothing more confusing than to see replies and nothing to put them in context.

543 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy conversation link in a private channel

I'd like to be able to copy a conversation link in a private channel, like you can for a public channel. This presently doesn't exist. I would imagine the link would appear as a dead link (not authorized), to anyone not in the private channel.

537 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Merging Teams

Merging Teams: As organizations evolve, functions are merged and as a result there is a need to merge Teams including files and content

528 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Embed channel in a sharepoint page through a webpart or Embed Code

We can pin a sharepoint as a tab, which is great. But when we are in the SharePoint UI, it seems there are no way to surface current conversations occuring in a specific channel of the team.

The suggestion is in conclusion to have like a "Microsoft Team webpart" for SharePoint, or a way to embed a channel in a sharepoint page

512 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

488 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Use of a laser pointer in screen share

Having the use of a laser pointer in screenshare within Teams, and the ability to switch between a laser pointer, normal arrow and drawing pen would be an extremely useful addition.

485 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Team directory

There should be a quick way of viewing all the public teams in my organization outside of search.

485 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still working its way through the backlog. Nothing additional to report yet.
    -Warren

14. Sort / Order Channels

I would like to be able to order or arrange the channels as they are listed under my team. We can order tabs within a channel, but not channels under a team.

472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy Channel in a team as Channel Template

Be able to copy a channel as a template for other channels.
    Or create a channel as copy of another channel, within a Team.

468 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. hard delete deleted channels

is there any way of "hard" deleting, deleted channels?
    i've did some testing regarding the 200 channel limit, now i can't create new channels, as still the limit is reached because the test channels are still under deleted channels….

458 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Snipping tool

Please add a screen printing (snipping tool) in teams so we can capture part of our screen to show our team members.

443 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove wiki tab from default team creation

Please allow the capabilities to setup default tabs in "admin center" settings for a new Team creation. Where default tabs could be setup by AD groups or users or channels within a team.
    Currently having a wiki tab by default is annoying and useless feature.

408 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Re-using the same Channel Name

After you create a channel, then choose to delete the channel, you can no longer create a NEW channel with the same name. It seems like you have to delete the team and start over.

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Updating the status to “Try this instead” and have added the clarification that after 30 days the name is once again available.

The reason for this decision was that Channels can be restored 30 days after being deleted. During this time, we intentionally don’t support creating a channel with the same name. After the 30 days, the name is available.

You can workaround this by restoring a deleted channel, renaming it, and then deleting the channel again. The previous name is then available for use.

This workaround has already been mentioned in the comments and if an immediate reuse of a Channel Name is required, this is the recommended solution.
    -Warren

20. Bug: Inconsistency in being able to add users to Private Channels via Web/Desktop Clients

Referred from Tech Community: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/can-t-add-members-to-private-channels/m-p/1088400#M42918

Issue is inconsistency when adding users to private channels via the web and desktop clients. Sometime users can and sometimes users can't. Workarounds to this solution include adding them on mobile (both IoS/Android) and completely removing member from the Team and re-adding them

394 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base