Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sort / Order Channels

I would like to be able to order or arrange the channels as they are listed under my team. We can order tabs within a channel, but not channels under a team.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search all the words in a Team Name when searching for a Team

When I search for a team, I can only search on the first word of the team name. Searching should search all the words in the team name.

If I have a team called Software Deployments and I do a search for Deployments, I won't find the team. I have to search for Software and then it brings up Software Deployments.

Please fix this ASAP.

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

203 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. View Followers of a Channel

For large teams and channels, I would like to see who actually is following a channel.
    So when I going to write a new post, I can decide if I explicitly mention someone, or not, based on set of persons following the channel.

164 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option To delete chat history

Have an option To delete the chat history

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create a Microsoft Team based on a Office 365 Group created in Yammer

Office 365 Groups is supposed to be a single definition for a Group across all Office 365 services. However, Microsoft Teams cannot be based on Office 365 Groups created in Yammer. Please fix this so that Yammer Groups and Microsoft Teams are more tightly integrated. Fragmentation of Office 365 Groups will result otherwise.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channels visibility

See all channels inside a teams in the left panel under the Team's Name

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

Currently we have Teams defaulted to show you the first (up to five) channels ever created. If you want to add more channels to your left rail view, just click the ellipses next to the channel name and select “Favorite”. When you favorite the channel, it will then be “pinned” to your left rail under that team name.

Try that and let me know if that meets your needs!

Suphatra

8. Mention one @Team2 from inside another Team1

I found a similar idea already posted but not as simply put.

I want to mention a team from within a different team.

Real world scenario: we have a team for gym members, and we're setting up another team which is likely to attract people from the same interest group as the gym. We want to @mention this new team inside the gym team, allowing people to click the mention and go to the team and join.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Snipping tool

Please add a screen printing (snipping tool) in teams so we can capture part of our screen to show our team members.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unread Team & Channel filter

When there are a lot of Teams and Channels it is hard to see them all on one page (even when Channels are 'collapsed'). Having a quick-to-select "Show Unread Teams & respective Channels" filter would make focussing on unread items much quicker and easier

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow multiple profile instances of desktop version of Teams

I would love the ability to have more than one instance of the Teams desktop application running so that I can easily jump between information located in different places in Teams. As an example, today I can run multiple instances of Outlook allowing me to click on one instance to view emails and a second instance to view the calendar. This allows me to easily to windowed side-by-side comparisons and not "lose my place" from where I was looking at before if I want to look somewhere else in the application.

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remove wiki tab from default team creation

Please allow the capabilities to setup default tabs in "admin center" settings for a new Team creation. Where default tabs could be setup by AD groups or users or channels within a team.
    Currently having a wiki tab by default is annoying and useless feature.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let us collapse/expand our teams list

One user asks for:
    I'm member of several teams in Teams and when I switch between channels in different teams, other teams seemingly at random collapse the channel lists. This impedes my workflow when I participate in discussions in several channels in different teams at the same time.

Another user says:
    Please give me an option to collapse or expand all Favorites

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook Tasks Integration

Need to have a way to integrate with Outlook tasks, or have task management within teams that operates like Outlook tasks allowing you to get reminders for due tasks, view your tasks list etc.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Conversation migration

Need ability to move or migrate conversation data in the event we merge an old team to a new one

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merging Teams

Merging Teams: As organizations evolve, functions are merged and as a result there is a need to merge Teams including files and content

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Categorize Teams Beyond "Favorite"

Right now individual Teams are either designated as "Favorites" or "More." It would be ideal if it were possible to designate a custom taxonomy for grouping Teams.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve UI for following channels

It seems that to get proper notification about channel activity, you have to "follow" a channel. However this is far from obvious as the option is buried in a context menu. Furthermore, the fact whether a channel is followed/not followed is not clearly indicated.

I would prefer if the follow/unfollow option was indicated in a similar way as the favourite channel star, placing a symbol besides the channel name that can be toggled with the mouse.

Furthermore channels in the "n more channels" popup currently can't be followed. That should be possible.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams Live Meetings - entrance and exit announcements

While holding a live meeting in Teams, when someone dials in to the meeting or leaves the meeting, their entrance and exit is announced to the group. This disrupts the flow of the meeting when someone is talking/presenting. Please allow the meeting facilitator to turn off notifications of members entering and exiting the meeting. In addition, the option of universal mute would be great, as unmuted participants can often result in echo feedback which disrupts the meeting.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base