Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams chat history export feature

It would be good that Teams chat history can automatically be saved into Outlook folder like Conversation history (Skype does). I'm not sure if this feature still available in Teams, or we can have a way to export the chat to a file or something.

423 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

45 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Conversation Webpart for SharePoint

It would be nice to embed a conversation in SharePoint as it is possible with yammer. This will allow us to create a general Teams with all employess as members with a main channel. This channel should then be shown in our SharePoint Intranet as a news tile (Webpart).

413 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve "add members" to team

You have to add each member one by one in a team. It would be nice if it could be a grouping option to add multiple users with the same type of permissions (as if I insert a list of people with any delimiter, then check for names and click add) or import users from .csv / .xlsx file (users with roles).

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you so much for this feedback. I was actually sitting with a user yesterday who was struggling to add users to a channel because she was typing in names one by one, which is a normal inclination. I showed her that she can put any distribution list into the field (for example, all@mycompany.com) and it would invite everyone who is on that email address. Try it out and let me know if you have any more questions. I’ve also routed this feedback to design so they can implement a sign or something to show people that they can do this.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. Option To delete chat history

Have an option To delete the chat history

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Permanently delete a channel

Allow for the permanent deletion of channels.

388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Merging Teams

Merging Teams: As organizations evolve, functions are merged and as a result there is a need to merge Teams including files and content

372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Re-using the same Channel Name

After you create a channel, then choose to delete the channel, you can no longer create a NEW channel with the same name. It seems like you have to delete the team and start over.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Warren responded

Updating the status to “Try this instead” and have added the clarification that after 30 days the name is once again available.

The reason for this decision was that Channels can be restored 30 days after being deleted. During this time, we intentionally don’t support creating a channel with the same name. After the 30 days, the name is available.

You can workaround this by restoring a deleted channel, renaming it, and then deleting the channel again. The previous name is then available for use.

This workaround has already been mentioned in the comments and if an immediate reuse of a Channel Name is required, this is the recommended solution.
    -Warren

8. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

9. Prevent owner from deleting Team

We should be able to lock Team / Office 365 group from being deleted by Group owner.

356 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video Calls Having A Default Background (User Selected)

It would be fantastic and a lot slicker user experience if we could default a background on our teams profile i.e every time you start a video call it automatically selects the users preferred background and starts the call with that selected. That could be a custom image stored in the file registry or blurred but the user can select this in their settings.

349 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Snipping tool

Please add a screen printing (snipping tool) in teams so we can capture part of our screen to show our team members.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sort / Order Channels

I would like to be able to order or arrange the channels as they are listed under my team. We can order tabs within a channel, but not channels under a team.

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable "Always On Top" for the Teams window

I'd like to be able to make the Teams window stay on top of all others, as with the Skype conversation windows.

333 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Background Effect by default

Show Background Effect by default instead of having to do it each time I join a meeting.

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search all the words in a Team Name when searching for a Team

When I search for a team, I can only search on the first word of the team name. Searching should search all the words in the team name.

If I have a team called Software Deployments and I do a search for Deployments, I won't find the team. I have to search for Software and then it brings up Software Deployments.

Please fix this ASAP.

313 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Most recent conversations/replies on top.

I'd like most recent conversations/replies on top. Scrolling to the bottom to see the newest replies is a terrible experience.

301 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remove wiki tab from default team creation

Please allow the capabilities to setup default tabs in "admin center" settings for a new Team creation. Where default tabs could be setup by AD groups or users or channels within a team.
    Currently having a wiki tab by default is annoying and useless feature.

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Copy Channel in a team as Channel Template

Be able to copy a channel as a template for other channels.
    Or create a channel as copy of another channel, within a Team.

292 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Renaming a Microsoft Team

Currently when you rename a Microsoft Team it changes the display name to the new team name however on the backend in Exchange the old email address and alias remain, and a new email address with the new team name does not get created. When a Microsoft Team gets renamed it would be nice if a new email address and alias get assigned, and the old email address get shifted to a secondary alias.

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mention one @Team2 from inside another Team1

I found a similar idea already posted but not as simply put.

I want to mention a team from within a different team.

Real world scenario: we have a team for gym members, and we're setting up another team which is likely to attract people from the same interest group as the gym. We want to @mention this new team inside the gym team, allowing people to click the mention and go to the team and join.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base