Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rate the Team Members

Hi Team ,

Looking for a feature where we can rate the members of a team . Probably Star rating . If a member has five starts that gives as idea that he is a star performer .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get icons out of the way so we can copy a comment

Whenever we try to copy a comment in Microsoft Teams, the [...] [tag] and [thumbs up] icons cover up the end of the comment. The user cannot see the rest of the text or what they're copying, because the text is covered up. Move the icons out of the way so we can properly copy text!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't see the conversations under my teams

From the beginning of this week I cannot see the previous and new conversations under my teams in desktop version. In addition there is no any problem with mobile version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. HOVERING over the 'Édited' label (above an edited comment) reveals the original text with strike-through annotations to highlight changes

We would like to see what changed since we first read something. Edit functionality can change the meaning of a statement in subtle ways - without making changes explicit these changes can easily be missed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Report functionality when a tenant has multiple companies

I would like to ask to improve the report functionality like below to allow checking Teams usage when a tenant has multiple companies:

1. The number of posts for channels or chats per user

2. The status of creation/removal of channels per team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. My folders on Teams don't show in order as they are in SharePoint

In my Teams, I have folders organized from 1-5 and so on. However, everytime I go into Teams, the numbering is off and no longer in order. However, when I go to SharePoint, it shows the correct layout. Can someone help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharepoint pdf webparts are not visible in teams

Pdf files in webparts in sharepoint sites do not work in team channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Request ability to restrict the creation of a new MS Team to use a template.

Request ability to restrict the creation of a new MS Team to use a template.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I can't see my conversations but I can see the previews in Activity Tab

I can't see my conversations but I can see the previews in Activity Tab. This started about a week ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Team members unable to access Team document library

My organization recently made the corporate wide move to Teams. With this, I created a Team for each Course Topic I teach (I'm a trainer). I am adding a channel for each offering of the class. So, Class X has the General channel where I put all documents for that course and any information that applies to all offerings of that specific course. I then create a channel for each individual offering, where I put the roster and any information specific to that class. (Private channels will certainly be a big bonus for me with this!). Twice in the past…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The installed app needs ability through settings or task tray menu to force a sync with cloud.

Application needs feature added to task tray object to force re-sync with cloud data. This would hopefully resolve some issues when team conversations aren't loading fully.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow me to control what is shown in my feed.

Allow me to control what is shown in my feed, rather than just adding any old noise (the default behaviour).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Teams channels as conversations in Outlook and vice versa

This way every time there is a update in a channel I follow I can see that in my Outlook. Ideally I could reply from the same conversation.
    It could work the other way around and I could see all my emails in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow read only permissions

I would like to allow people to view a team and it's contents without being able to directly participate. For example, a project team for a deployment. Regular team members create content and collaborate but others can see what's going on with the project without having the ability to interact. Total transparency with little risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base