Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Custom Group Categories for Teams

As I create more and more teams, I need to be able to group or categorize them. It seems like the only native groupings are "favorites" or "more". I would like to be able to create other categories. Once I get over 30 teams, grouping them into detailed categories is going to be imperative to stay organized.

1,418 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

162 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

Still under review by the feature team. Nothing new to report at this time.

-Warren

2. Alphabetical sort option for Teams

Please consider including an option for viewing the teams in alphabetical order. Ideally, there should be a "Default" view which sorts all the teams in ascending order (A-Z) and an option to sort the teams based on most recent activity. Of course, this feature should also be pushed to the mobile app as well.

1,317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shared channels within an organization

Shared channels within an organization will allow people in different teams to collaborate on a shared project or v-team in the context of their own teams. A channel can be shared across teams in the same organization.

1,157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  71 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled = true when created from Teams?

A recent update has changed -HiddenFromExchangeClientsEnabled from default false to default true when Office 365 group is created by Teams. I would like an option for the user who creates the team to set this value upon creation. Our users need to use the O365 group as well as the team created in Teams. With this value set to true they cannot use the email functionality of the O365 group unless I use powershell to change the value every time someone creates a new team in Teams.

This post was created because of a suggestion from support and the information…

988 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How to hide Activity history under the "General" Channel

How to hide Activity history under the "General" Channel.

You can delete the conversations in a channel, however the activity history still shows and clutters up the page. Can we hide the activity history?

924 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow admins to set default Tab for Channels (Not Conversation)

Allow Admins to set a Default Tab when users open a Channel.

764 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

143 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Channel Limit (Increase beyond 200 limit)

We have run into a situation on a team, let's call it "Vendors" where we post data on vendors that we use. We set up a channel for each vendor but have "reached the limit" on the number of channels in a team. Is this something that can be controlled through an admin panel or is there another way to increase/remove the limit.

696 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

157 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

As mentioned in the prior status, the channel limit was raised from 100 to 200.

In the near future a retention limit will be set so you can still go back and reinstate a channel you had deleted. Once the retention period has expired then the channel will get a hard delete which will free up the space and no longer count toward the 200 channel limit.

This will help with some of the issues you have voiced in the comments below.
    But I understand many of you wish the limit to be further increased. I will continue to provide your votes and comments to the feature team.

-Warren

8. Delete Team without deleting Office Group

I can create a Team and it creates an O365 group. If I delete the Team the O365 group will be deleted too. Good and fine. BUT - If I create a Team an option is offered to create a Team for an existing O365 group. Once created I am unable to delete the Teams Team without deleting the O365 group. Please help.

649 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customize default sort order of folders in Teams

Folders in Teams are sorted by default on last modified date. There is no option to set a different default sort order like an alphabetic sort order.

Please add options that allows the user to set his/her own default sort order in order to sort folder names in Teams.

638 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of Team areas…

633 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
    -Warren

11. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

590 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Shared Channels across organizations

Shared channels across organizations will allow people in an organization other than yours to collaborate on a shared project or v-team.

584 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  19 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to disable How was the call quality request after each call

Each time we finish a call we are asked to rate the quality. After a few calls during one day it's very annoying and this is like that every single working day. Can you imagine ?

570 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams for Xbox (for office use)

We use Teams everywhere - PCs, mobile, Yealink phones, etc. We have an Xbox in our meeting room - since the Xbox is a powerhouse and can accomodate a big screen monitor, HD web cam, speakers, mics, etc., how about Teams on the Xbox? It would save us from spending another $5K on a Teams meeting room device... and how cool would it be?

539 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

106 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the Team.…

512 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

16. Assignment per channel

Is it possible to make an assignment per channel. Instead of make an assignment on the General channel.
    We want to use a team as class. The channels are the subjects and in each "subject channel" we want to make an seperate subject assignment

507 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

82 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  44 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Public Channels

Public channels will provide an outbound communication window for a team to engage with everyone in their organization.  These channels are accessible to everyone within the org, without the need to join.

For instance, we may have a team that is private and deals with network issues. They may want a public channel where they can provide updates to existing issues or answer questions users may have. Otherwise, you may end up with two teams in this instance: a private network team and a public network team.

490 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams chat history export feature

It would be good that Teams chat history can automatically be saved into Outlook folder like Conversation history (Skype does). I'm not sure if this feature still available in Teams, or we can have a way to export the chat to a file or something.

468 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Team directory

There should be a quick way of viewing all the public teams in my organization outside of search.

447 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still working its way through the backlog. Nothing additional to report yet.
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base