Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to mention between different tenants

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    別テナントへのメンション
    Allow us to mention between different tenants

■Description(内容):
    現在の Teams ではテナントを跨いだメンション機能が実装されておりません。複数のテナント間でチャットを行う場合など、メンション機能が充実するとより利便性が高まると考えておりますので、別テナントへのメンションが実行できるように機能の拡充を要望します。

At Teams, I would like to see the feature to mention between different tenants. When we chat between different tenants, it would be great if it is able to mention someone’s comments

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Talk to teammates using internal comments in the original email, instead of forwarding or replying

The option to chat with colleagues withing an original email instead of forwarding or replying to all. Rather than forwarding an email to a channel, it would be easier to @mention a team member within the original email and have the conversation there rather than moving the conversation to a different silo.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Customized chats

Enable more chat customization, put a different color foe everyone that speak to ease finding older messages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clearly differentiate between chat and activity

Functionality difference between chat and activity is not clear. Some are using chat for discussion, but activity for group discussion.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Guest Ability to create Teams

Where Organisations are merging and have B2B guests, give guests from one of the tenants the ability to create Teams and channels, until questions and solutions for merging to a single tenant have been approved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Admin to change coexistence mode for Teams

Coexistence mode is greyed out. Teams is not working and doesn't allow us to IM outside our organization. Admin should be able to toggle this back to Skype for Business until we get this working

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow ALL users of Office 365 to use Teams for free!

Microsoft Teams is free (limited functionality) for anyone who signs up, EXCEPT for users of Microsoft Office 365 who PAY MICROSOFT for the "Office 365 Business" subscription. Teams is ONLY included with "Office 365 Business Premium" and "Office 365 Business Essentials."

Therefore, "Office 365 Business" users are being punished for actually subscribing to Office 365 by being forbidden from using Teams (due to Microsoft’s inability to allow tenants in Office 365 Business to use the free version of Microsoft Team). Is this really the business decision Microsoft intends to make?

It’s completely backwards, and again, punishes us for using Office…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To gain the ability to browse for a file and upload FROM Teams/Sharepoint right from File explorer. OneDrive has the ability in FE.

To gain the ability to browse for a file in File Explorer and upload from a Teams & Sharepoint account. OneDrive has the ability in File Explorer as a separate folder on the left side, but no way to select files from Teams or Sharepoint

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Promoting Chats

It would be very useful to be able to 'promote' a chat to a conversation in a team channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Channel email address delayed for new groups

It takes for ever to get channel email addresses from newly created groups.
    "We're still setting up your team" message appears for hours when trying to get channel email.
    This is very unproductive, as many times I immediately want to send email threads to the new group I just created.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have more than one organiser for Team Meetings

Allows other members of the team to cancel or edit meetings. Long missed from Outlook calendar, could this be the opportunity to fix this?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to Globally Turn OFF Channel Deletion

We would like to be able to globally turn off the ability to delete channels. As of right now, after a Team is created, you can go in and uncheck the box to remove members from being able to delete a channel but we would like for this to be automatically turned off when a new Team is created. Otherwise, if the Team creator forgets to do this a member can randomly or accidentality delete any channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Team Conversation

As an EDU user of Teams, it would be extremely helpful if we could re-arrange the order of posts and/or schedule posts to the conversion.

I like to plan ahead and post chunks of info to our Team conversation but if I edit one post, then it's out of order from the intended order I wanted to present them to my students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add [Back] feature to web sites added to Teams channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルに Web サイトを追加した際の動作について

Add [Back] feature to web sites added to Teams channels

■Description(内容):
    現在社内でのやり取りを Teams にて便利に使用しております。
    現在の動作ではチャネルに読み込んだ Web サイトから他のリンクをクリックページを偏移するなど便利に使用しております。
    しかしながらブラウザ バックのような戻る機能は現在動作しておりません。
    本機能が拡張に至った場合、社内のやり取りを Teams 内で完結する事ができより良い製品になると検討したため本機能の拡張を要望いたします。

For improvement of usability, allow using [Back] feature which is not currently available in web sites added to Teams channels. I believe it will make business communication among our organization more smoothly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can I add more than 50 people on a group?

Can I add more than 50 people on a group, I have new teammates that needs to be added to an existing group.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Audit Log: enhence audit log add "User (Self) Joined a Team"

we are using the Audit log to create to create PowerBI reports for the user adoptions measurement.

can you please add the following event in Teams Audit Log?
    User (Self) Joined a Team

to give you a bit more details we are using the audit log as documented here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/office365/securitycompliance/detailed-properties-in-the-office-365-audit-log

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. save last channel view

This are my common facts:
    - I'm reading a documentation in just another wiki page in channel 'Documentation'.
    - Someone talk to me by private messager or in a channel.
    - I move into then in order to read it
    - When I want to recover my Documentation task, Teams redirection me to the "Documentation channel default view".

This is not good and I think you will improve this feature.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Watching a video in Teams section, you can't respond to incoming chat. Pls make it so when you return to the video, it continue where it lef

Watching a video in Teams section, you can't respond to incoming chat without the video losing its place. It would be great if when you return to Teams to continue the video, that it would be paused and continued where it left off

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MS Teams & SKFB Billing Capabilities

Once migrated from a third vendor UC or IP PBX system to MS Temas or SKFB, we loose the abillity of billing users calls when connecting to an external SIP Trunk through an SBC. It would be nice to have the capacity to exports call detail records (CDRs) towards a billing server, or better if we can export and work with them to be able to generate reports in MS Power BI.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide non-threaded teams functionality

Threads are one of the most annoying things about slack, and in teams teams (ugh) they are basically forced on the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base