Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams messages appear in chat

I spend most of my time in chat view. I would love to see teams messages appear in the chat view. Like Whatsapp groups.

You don't have a separate tab for whats app groups, just have it all in one feed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A feature to hide suggestions of public teams

I would like you to implement a feature to hide suggestions of public teams from the Join a team page. I want an exact match of the preferred team to join when searching public teams in the search box.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remove user from Channel Conversation

A user should be able to remove himself from a channel conversation in which he was mentioned but no longer needs to be notified about.

Additionally, it should be possible for someone in the channel conversation to remove a user from the channel conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Visual organization

Make it more visually organized. I want to be able to organize work projects separately on cards or something categorical.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Org Wide Team Templates without having to be a Member

We need a way to create a Org Wide Template that any user can create a new Team from, without having to grant them access to that Template Team.

Currently you have to be a member of the Team you want to use as a Template. This makes it difficult to help standardize Teams on certain items such as projects. Even if we were able to create a project team template and add all users in the organization, its a very bad experience for users to have template projects listed in their Teams list (even if hidden). Templates shouldn't show…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable camera to share picture with a Team (currently only to a Chat)

Currently the camera of an Android mobile can share a picture with a Chat, but not with a Team.

Notably from a Team you can currently get a picture from the camera, thus circumventing the limitation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Simplify Shifts

1. When copying shifts, copy & paste the lunch break as well

2. Option to set all lunches or breaks for a specific amount of time (hour, 30 minutes etc.)

3. Option to set up a specific amount of time for a break or lunch without setting a time of day to take the break or lunch

4. Set up a recurring schedule for some employees

5. Let staff see the entire staff's schedule without having to look at each person's in the app

6. Option for administrator to create an employee's availability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. copy email

When you copy the email address to a channel provide the option to copy just the naked email address or the full email address currently provided.

There are times that I want to share an article I read with a channel but have to clean up the email address I copied to remove all of the extra information so that I have just the address.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat - make Contacts a "pinnable" item so we can more easily view the status of our colleagues.

In Chat - make Contacts a "pinnable" item so we can more easily view the status of our colleagues, withOUT leaving the Teams page we are currently on or when Calls ring. When we replaced Skype with Teams we lost this valuable capability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I want a shared calendar for tracking team leaves in teams

In my team, there are 15+ people. We want to have one calendar in which everyone can put their leave plans and it will be visible for the rest of the team members.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need to support external clients for all existing features of Skype for Business

If Teams is to replace Skype for Business it has to support external users. We use this feature extensively. We need to collaborate with partners which are OUTSIDE our company domain. We need an easy way to add "teams" that adds outside users (in our case from partners) and provide all the features that Skype Business did like phone calls, IM, Conferencing etc. I could not find an easy way (or at all) to do this. If that isn't provided we would have to skip Teams (old Skype) all together and get another vendor to solve this business need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. soooo boooooring performance.... chats are nearly at "not responding" while scrolling...

soooo boooooring performance.... chats are nearly at "not responding" while scrolling...

but hey, we have gifs...

-.-
    -.-
    -.-

susch an important function, but the main functions dosent run as expected...

poor...

stop develope such software...

think about..

its a BUSINESS SOFTWARE!!!!

how should we work with such poor performance???

so, thx.. we are looking for an alternative...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. My activity show more history

Set the amount of activity to show. Not sure if currently set by like last 30 activities but I would like to see my activity a couple of weeks back. I have to record my time to activities and going here reminds me what i was working on but usually, I cannot see past one day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase filtering options under My Activity

Under Feeds > My Activity, it would be helpful to group the activities by channels. This way users can easily navigate to their activity within each instead of having to scroll through the unfiltered list of every action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Integrate different teams from different domains in one view

I would love to have all my teams from the two domains I work with on one view. Whether I have guest access or separate account. It would be great to have this on the one screen without having to switch.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. contacts

I have a lot of Contacts that have Company Name & phone number only. I see (in Calls|Contacts) Blank Name, Blank Title & phone number listed only, so I cannot tell what the phone number belongs to. Search will not return anything, since I am typing in the Company name. Someone posted that they see a heading for Company, but I do not (Teams version: 1.2.00.8864 (64-bit) for Windows).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Distort the entire team session via idle time out or manually. This will help keep chats secure from prying eyes.

Distort the entire team session via idle time out or manually. This will help chats secure from prying eyes when a user leaves desk.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to be able to log in to my company teams AND my client teams instance from the same app. Slack has this capability.

Need to be able to log in to my company teams AND my client teams instance from the same app. Slack has this capability

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Control what admin activities show notifications

As an admin we have the ability to set some Teams that members are able to create and manage channels and others that they are not able to.

We are NOT able to control what activities in a Team are posted to the General Channel. As such, I am having users who are seeing when I create a new channel and delete old ones. This is not always desired though as in situations where the creation is managed, they can see the EXACT user who has the ability to create new channels.

I wold like be able to restrict this…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base