Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Working in another place"

Please add "Working in another place" to present status in TEAMS User account. Idea behind is, that members of a team can see, if someone is working, but not in the office, for example, working in Homeoffice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneNote: Under channel "Files," cannot add OneNote - must add through a tab

Under Files within a channel, if you click "New," you can only add folders, word, excel or powerpoint - why not OneNote? To create a OneNote document, you have to do a workaround by creating a one note tab in the channel and then delete the tab - please allow creation for a OneNote doc within the "New" option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Document links in channels issue

Document links in channel chats break when a file is moved. Can this have a tag on the link to say something like "File moved" or something to point out this link no longer exists?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Keep the Active Web Page sessions in the Channel Guides.

The feature of adding a web page to Guides is very practical and we use a lot however, when you add any web page and navigate within a certain web page and navigate in other guides or channels and return to that webpage the same and reloaded or be it and reset. This is very inconvenient because it ends up resetting the logins and losing the position of where you were navigating within this page. There should be an improvement in Micosoft Teams being able to keep this session active and not causing resets or page reloads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow One Channel to Subscribe to Another Channel in a Different Team

At my office (a medium sized Architecture and ID Office) we have about a dozen Teams for real life committees that develop office wide best practices. Right now the only way to find out new news is to get the committee to post to our Office Wide Team, in their committees channel. This allows non committee members to get updates on the work they are doing. If I (as an admin) could simply SUBSCRIBE my Office Wide Channel to a designated Channel within the Committee Team, the whole staff could stay updated on committee goings on without having to join…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Why Team reflects in sharepoint

Hello! I am new to Teams. When i create a team (For a particular Project), I find that it reflects in Sharepoint too! How can i disable this

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the ui

The UI is confusing and hard to find chats/conversations etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We are not able to add guest

When I add guest, the Add button is not working. I can't add Guest member.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. can't remove unassigned column in Planner tab

Added a "Planner" tab to teams; however can't hide the "unassigned" column. Even though there is nothing Unassigned it still shows this column first & it can't be removed. Even if you choose to 'Filter' just your own tasks, the 'Unassigned' column is still shown & takes up space unnecessarily

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to download an image from the assignment review page in Teams.

Ability to download an image from the assignment review page in Teams. When students turn in work that is in a format such as jpg, it would be nice to be able to print or download the image from the assignment review page.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ability to define the team on the channel level

great tool, would like to have an ability to define the team on the channel level as we also use channels as projects, would like to assign a channel to a group of people from the team

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it intuitive ...

Show activity or absence of teams with phares technology (as Slack) or Skype, make it possible to prioritize the teams chat over personal messages, get rid of unneccessary gadgets and instead make use of industry standard emojis

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Team activity for all teams and activities... like an audit trail in OneNote ... where i can see what happened that day...

Team activity for all teams and activities... like an audit trail in OneNote ... where i can see what happened that day...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show indicator on user avatar in chat view who is sharing screen so you know not to text them something that shows on their screen

Have some indicator on a users chat avatar in chat view so that you know they are sharing their screen.

If you are chatting with someone who shows as busy, but you are not in the meeting with them, you currently do not know if they are sharing their screen or not. It would be good to have some kind of indicator that the recipients screen is being shared, so that you know anything you send them may be seen by the people viewing the recipients screen.

This would be visible to anyone chatting with the person sharing their screen,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Whiteboard and breakout rooms

Having run a college staff training session on running teams their is an overwhelming need for an easier breakout room functionality. Staff also really like a web based version of a interactive whiteboard that logged who had written each comment. Can we please add this to Teams whiteboard, without the need to download an app, which our college IT system does not allow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If someone reacts to a comment and I see it in the chat, remove the notification badge from Activity Stream

If someone reacts to a comment and I see it in the chat, remove the notification badge from Activity Stream. There already seems to be an issue with people replying to chat messages and I think that's because it's not obvious that we have new messages that are unread. Reducing false notifications/badges for simple things like a reaction that I've already looked at in the chat, will help my badges more clear and believable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Status of Teams on iPad

My status shows as Available on Teams to my colleagues, although I am logged out of my PC. Is it due to my Teams app running in the background on my iPad or iPhone?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When copying a team, keep the owners the same

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    チームをコピーした際、所有者をそのまま移行したい。
    When copying a team, keep the owners the same

■Description(内容):
    チームをコピーした際、複数の所有者が追加されていても、コピー操作をした所有者以外はメンバーとなり、コピー先のチームで再度所有者に変更する操作が手間になります。
    そのため、チームをコピーする際に、所有者もそのまま移行できるようにしたいです。

When you have copied a team, even if a number of owners have been added, only the person doing the copying remains as an owner and the others become regular members, and therefore you need to change them back to being owners on the copy as well, which creates extra work.
    Please allow owners to stay the same when copying a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base