Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View and Restore the deleted Teams groups in 'Manage teams'

I see a captured screen in the 'Archive or restore a team' page,
    In 'Manage teams', there is 'Deleted' list under Archived list but I don't have that in my MS Teams.
    It would be great to have that, then users can view and restore the deleted Teams group right away from there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teamsクライアントのインストール先を変更できるようにしてほしい

共有端末などを使用する場合、ユーザプロファイルにインストールされてしまうので、共用のPrograms配下など、インストール時変更できるようにしてほしい。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Teams iPad ... No files tab

Hi Suphatra,
    I am doing a lot of workshops with schools who are 1:1 iPads and are deeply interested by O365 education and Teams. The main reproach I hear from educators is that you don't have access to files Tabs in Teams app for iOS.
    Are you working on it ? It could be a great thing to have a real adoption ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compulsory like

For quick feedback from Team, make a response to a conversation mandatory. For instance either like or dislike a conversation - everyone has to respond.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to send a saved channel conversation by email

I use a CRM in which I can attach an email to a specific business opportunity, it’s not possible with a teams conversation unless I can convert it into an email.
    It also would be helpful to inform someone who doesn’t use teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep unsent comments in Planner tasks

When II'm in the middle of adding a comment to a Planner task and I click on something else, like a chat, I lose all I've typed. I want to be able to come back to it and finish, then click Send.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Removal of external identities in Teams

Allow team owners to move external identities, without having the need to do it through AAD.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Tagging the right solution in a conversation

We are using teams for technical discussions. Users have to search for the right answer. Can we allow the Team/channel admin to link the right solution for the discussion? Something like Microsoft's PowerApps community discussion. Tagging the right solution in a conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support to open Teams chat from ServiceNow

I have a requirement on ServiceNow tool to open Teams chat with a user from a button next to the user field in a record. screenshot attached.

I could achieve opening the teams app by using the URL: 'msteams:' in the XML code, but I need to open the chat with the particular person.

my scripts below,

var url = 'msteams:' ;
    window.open(url, '_self');

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams Chat Feature

My team and I have been using Teams for our meeting notes, files, conversations, etc. However, when we have to go check a chat notification, we have to leave the page we were currently on. Is there any way to get the Chat feature to appear as a sidebar so we don't have to leave our notebooks while working - like it appears in other Office 365 products while collaborating?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. rubrics

Import own rubric from excel file and export existing rubric to excel, pdf or picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 最新の会話が一番上にくる表示が欲しい

会話の履歴をおうには、下の方向に読むことになるので、不便。一番新しいものが一番上に表示されるようなModeがほしいです。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change existing team to a different type

Now that I know more about the options in the different types of Teams, I would like to change an existing PLCTeam to a Staff Team without having to start over from scratch. I was not aware that different Teams had different integrated functions at first. I'm sure this would apply to other types of Teams as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. can the Team chat be exposed as RSS , so that we will connect with micorosoft dynamics social engagement

Team chat be exposed as RSS ?

so that we will connect with Microsoft dynamics social engagement for analysis.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Extend the Get-Team PowerShell Cmdlet

Extend the Get-Team cmdlet to return the Team Site's URL and/or Alias.

The Get-Team cmdlet currently only returns:
    - GorupId
    - Title
    - Description

Most if not all of the SET cmdlets (including New-TeamChannel) require the GroupId to be passed in before an operation can be processed.

To get the GorupId for a Microsoft Team we need to either:
    - Call the Get-UnifiedGroup cmdlet which requires a different:
    - - PoweShell Module to be installed
    - - Type of connection (e.g. Graph Scopes)
    - Write a bit of "hacky" code to match on the title & Description…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to name conversation in channel

I would like to be able to give a conversation in channel a name (now I could do this only with group conversation).

E.g. I am discussing and issue with an engineer, it is started as unresolved, then it becomes resolved, so I need to make all other members aware of it just by looking at the name of a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chat Recent/Suggested and Contacts Switch - like Skype

Make the chat open to a default of Recent/Contacts instead of Recent/Suggested to reduce clutter on the opening screen.

Put the Suggested on the other link instead of Contacts since we choose who we add to our contacts and build as our favorites. If we need to know someone we can look for them on the other tab but favorites should be a quick find.

Also add the ability to add groups like we have in Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 発信履歴や受信履歴をもっと見やすくしてほしい。

どんな内容をどんなメンバーに発信したか、同じく受信したかわかり辛いので、もっと見やすして欲しいです。情報の発信が頻繁に起きると見辛いのでわからなくなってしまいます。

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock hand in files

The ability to lock the handed in files when submitted would be great to prevent students going back and editing them once submitted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. search

Search in Teams including my Outlook!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base