Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Private chat is specific to the team its used in

When in a team and you want to chat, it would be good if that Private chat only showed the conversation relating to that team. Currently if I have 6 different teams and one person has access to several of them, all my chats with that individual show, not just the ones relating to that team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Back to basics

Well, first of all... Teams should be able to use computer sound devices as an default. It is normat that after Teams-installation, sound devices are grey and not able to use or activate to use.

Second, if Microsoft firewall recognice in comming call as an netowrk attach, there is something really wrong. I mean, really really wrong.

My wish in this life would be simple "I wish some day Microsoft make softwares witch are compatible with operating systems, and other softwares". But i doubt I can see that day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can not set favortie/unfavorite

With Win10, can not set a channel as favorite or unfavorite, this is happening to almost everyone in the team.

The problem doesn't exist in iPhones and iPads.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. staff onenote for corporate

Please create a Staff Team with Staff OneNote for corporate tenants as already exists in Edu tenants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add a notepad to chat

an in-app notepad that could be saved with a chat would be wonderful. I upvoted another request for this, but I was just on chat and needed to write something down, had to pull up notepad and then wondered, where should I save this?
    It would be awesome if it just saved right there in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add instructions for international calls

I tried to call a phone # in Spain but Teams just said "calling..." forever but the call didn't go through. Would be nice if there's a help page on international calls. Couldn't find any info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. information about missed calls as substitute

In our company we use the MS Teams feature to define a substitute who can make and receive calls in the name of another colleague (e.g. assistant in the name of the manager)

For every incoming call it's shown if the calls is for someone himself or if the call was determined for another person (e.g. assistant sees if call is for the manager or for himself)

In case the call is missed, the history in Teams only shows the number of the caller, but the information about the recipient is missing (e.g. was the call determined for the manager…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PLAYING wav FILE

So.. When PLAYING wav FILES from Shared Documents Library the media player timeline and controls appear below the bottom padding of the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chats allowed to all instead of owner on a Stream video channel tab

Chat conversations should be "allowed to all members instead of owner only" at a Stream video, within a Stream channel tab

Currently it is allowed to Owners only.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Maintain Team order across clients

Customizing the order of Teams in the left nav is great, nice drag/drop. It would be great if that order is maintained across clients so it doesn't matter if I'm using the desktop client or web client, I'd get the same ordering.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can everyone have access to a channel but doesn't mean they have to be on the team

We use Office 365 products and our company of 30, give or take, are accustomed to submitting requests to "groups" like Admin or Shareholders. It's an easy way for anyone to address the groups without bothering anyone else.

This is problematic since we set up a team "Admin" but everyone has to be in the group to message the actualy Admin team of 2. But then, everyone is bothered with requests that are meant just for the 2 admin folks.

We could just use a direct chat. yes. But it would be nice for all requests to Admin to flow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. video on Teams

I made a short video for Teams, but when I went to send it it woudl not allow to choose a team, only individuals.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. activity feed user name truncate

In the Activity Feed, the user name is truncated too shortly. Our usernames have prefixes, and can only see them, therefore, we cannot identify who's who. THere's the con on the leftm but it's also not enough. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.
    Could you increase a bit the displayed name ? like 8 or 10 chars ?
    Thanks and regards!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Do not show previous window in "My Activity"

On Teams for Win10 app, when showing "My Activity" have option to NOT show previously open app window

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Im missing the peole view

Teams starts with groups, but I'm searching and communicating with people. Its not efficient. I like a list with people and then start chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow "Review student work" to be pinned in OneNote App

OneNote Class Notebook for Teams. It would be super-helpful for the "Review student work" add-in for OneNote App in Windows 10 to be "pinned" to the right of the screen so that, if you accidentally close the app, it will reconnect to the page selections you have made and reload the list of students.

Currently if you accidentally hit close, you have to reopen the app, launch the ClassNotebook toolbar, review student work, select the section, select the page.

Perhaps the plugin could have a switch-on-off pin, to allow this to be opted-in-to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams app doesn't have employee resources URL shortcuts like staff hub had

The app needs employee resources on the menu so frontline workers can have easy links to other URL's like staff hub app had

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base