Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Trending Hastags within your team

Trending Hastags within your team. I want to see # of any hastags/Hashtag combinations used by day. We use conversations to get work done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to notify someone in teams from an Azure Devops comment notification

It would be really useful to be able to notify a Teams user (guest user in our case) from Azure Devops work item comments using the @<name> moniker.

We use both Azure Devops and Teams for a project and would like to bridge the gap between the two. We use Azure Devops comments notifications a lot to attract attention to work items, but the notification is sent via email. Instead, it would be useful to be able to notify someone in Teams (same behavior as @<name> in teams) instead (or as a complement) of emails.

Exemple:
    - If john.doe@live.com is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a highly visible icon to quickly identify Teams that include guests/externals

Ideally, a team that has/allows guests would be readily identified from the teams list, perhaps through the inclusion of an icon or border around the team's icon/picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please provide a delete comment button. Too many people, when trying to respond to a comment, end up writing a brand new topic instead.

Please all comments to be deleted. Many folks in our office miss the reply button and instead write a brand new comment, none of which can be deleted. We have had incidents of conversations going back and forth, with each response as a new topic.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Conversation arrows vs channel arrows

When I respond to someone within a channel in Teams, sometimes I will post my reply and click on the arrow to post but it is the main channel arrow. It would be nice if the page automatically scrolled down for you so you don't click the wrong arrow. Also, it would be nice for the page to scroll down automatically for you so that you don't post a new conversation within that channel. This is confusing because there are two input fields at the bottom but the latest conversation within a channel input field in normally not visible unless…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. mark assignment late

If a student submits work after the due date when late submission are allowed, it would be great if it was clearly marked as submitted late.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dial pad does not work in 3 way calling

When having a call in Teams to another party (teams or outside) and adding a third outside contact which requests button prompts, the dialer in Teams (or by the third party) is not recognized. Entering prompts by anyone is not possible.
    This is incredibly inconvenient when trying to make a conference call to a third party.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I miss Skype

Make it more like Skype for business. That was very counter intuitive. I have a hard time finding my way around teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. if no Owners in a team, display "Become Owner" to all current Members

To simplify management and reduce complications, when no Owners remain in a team, then the Manage Team interface should show "Become Owner" to all current Members (below the "Add Member" button, perhaps). Accept the first application, then return to normal display for everyone.

This change would allow self-sufficiency of a team without unnecessary involvement of administrators.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Possibility to connect Teams VSTS Connector to Azure Devops in another tenant (not in O365 tenant of actual Teams)

We manage our Azure Devops environmant in another tenant than the O365 tenant of Microsoft Teams. Actually it's only possible to connect to an Azure Devops which belongs to the same tenant in O365 with the Microsft Teams VSTS connector. We need the possibility to connect to another tenant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need Group admin access

Need Group admin access. Admin only can manage a group like make another person as a group admin, add and remove peoples

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Want to record live events at my own timing

I want to record live events at my own timing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Registering an owner/member when creating a team

Implement a feature that can register a specific user as an owner/member at the same time when creating a team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please make praises in team able to send anonymous

currently we are posting stickers to a physical wall because we don't want to identify who we are and we are in a digital word using MS teams. Is it possible to have a check mark for anonymous so the users get the praise but it doesn't show who sent it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort Teams by notifications

Those teams which have notifications should appear on the top of the teams list, such as if we receive a several new messages from different chats on whatsapp, they collect on the top of the window.

Would make it easier to locate new messages if one is having several teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. permissions matrix of across teams

I would like main admin to be able to see an overview of all permissions granted across teams at once. Ideally a matrix view of teams vs team members with an X where permissioned

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Enable/disable downloading files or creating permission levels within the whole tenant.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): Teams のチームからファイルのダウンロードをテナントで一括で禁止する機能およびアクセス許可レベルの作成をテナントで一括で設定する機能

Enable/disable downloading files or creating permission levels within the whole tenant.

■Description(内容):
    Teams のチームからファイルのダウンロードをテナントで一括で禁止する機能およびアクセス許可レベルの作成をテナントで一括で設定する機能を実装してほしい。​

So far the admin needs to be set the conditional policy or access permission for each Team individually, we are betting that it would be more useful to have the ability to enable/disable downloading files or creating permission levels at the tenant level in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Take me to the downloaded file!

Is Teams a truly MS product?

When I download something from Teams, it doesn't take me to the file in the Downloads folder. A pretty standard Windows behaviour for all other MS products.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to flip between Organisations in Teams

I am a consultant and work on various Organisations teams plus my own. It would be great to be able to select an Org from some menu option in teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Track viewers of individual Documents

For better document management, it would be great to track readership of individual documents (PDFs etc) so that accountability can be tracked back to reading an updated document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base