Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email notification on new communications

An option should be available to have an email sent to you every time you receive new communication.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sprachnachrichten und Nachrichten weiterleiten

Wie in Whatsapp sollte es möglich sein einfach Nachrichten zu markieren und dann an andere Teammitglieder weiter zu leiten (mit ihnen zu teilen)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Real-time media processing by Node.js/C++

Are you going to support Node.js or C++ in the future for media processing? Because we can use only C# now

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Move objects between teams

For example, I have a form in one team that I need to move to another team. I cannot move the form location with the dataset that has already been created; or at least see a way of doing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 如何能够在TEAMS里面添加域外的联系人?

如何能够在TEAMS里面添加域外的联系人?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Faculty and Department Teams in Education version

Having had to explain Teams to many staff in a few schools now, it would be great to have more options that just Class, PLC, Staff and Anyone Teams. I really like the PLC option as it comes with a notebook attached but it does not make sense to teachers to use it as it's set up for Professional Learning Communities, and all the templates are geared towards that. If there you be a similar option but they were named 'Faculty' and 'Department' Team meaning that the notebook it came with had the name 'Faculty Notebook' or 'Department Notebook' I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 Chattext

Im Teamchat gibt es in den Nachrichten oben rechts ein Funktionsmenü das bei Mouseover erscheint. Leider überlagert es immer im entscheidenden moment für die Auswahl diesen bereich darüber ärgere ich mich und meine Kollegen auch. Bitte einfach nicht den Nachrichtentext überlagern.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Automation Teams creation and setup

We do not want users to create teams but our IT support does it on request. I have added the description that we use to create them (auto translated from Swedish). Please take this description as a request for automating the task of creating Teams. Please also look into our request for template handling in SharPoint/Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. chat out of order

Hi there!
    At our work, we're having a bit of a challenge with Teams. We have multiple staff members in one Team chat, and we depend heavily on understanding the order of employee responses. We have noticed that employee responses in the chat are coming out of order (one message in front of another, even though the second came first.)
    Is there a way to ensure that the responses in a particular team chat show in chronological order?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Team splash screen

So when i click on team name it allows me to expand team channels. It would be nice if when i click on a team it would have a splash screen on right allowing my to put relevent information about that team. Sometimes the team name is not descriptive so the spash screen could first contain that but maybe also in future include highlights of the team. Maybe a split screen showing calendar of team and latest conversations and so on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Merge Edit team and Manage team

Merge the Edit team functionality into the Manage team area to improve team Owner's user experience by creating one area to manage a team's settings.

Whilst helping someone understand the options to find other teams, I felt that the Edit Team functionality were you can change a team to public might be better placed within Manage team, right beside the Team code section. In fact, why not just bring the entire Edit team functionality (three fields in total) into the Manage team area?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. by deleting it and giving us skype for business back...

sorry to say - but for us who use skype for business for important communication this way of introducing a product absolutely not anywhere near the old skype for business version is not impressive.

it is a clear educational case of how not to do regarding procedure, communication, product and customer experience

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add the Ability to Schedule a New Conversation

Allow owners or members to be able to schedule the start of a conversation. Allowing the content of a conversation to be staged ahead of time and the conversation started at a specified time.

Use Cases:
    1. When on-boarding users to teams have the ability to have a series of canned conversations that give the new team or user pointers or tips on how to start using the team/channel.

A new daily post for several days that orients the user to how to use teams.

1. On larger teams the owner may plan conversation(s) ahead of time for various purposes like: …
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. teams

You should be able to delete a student resource when creating assignments. As of right now, whatever you put in as a student resource is stuck there, and if you make a simple mistake like uploading the wrong file, you have to create the assignment all over again from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. teams

Assignments which have been created for example in March of 2018 should be able to be edited and assigned for a due date of March of 2019 with the option to assign to multiple classes.

As of now, you can only assign an assignment to multiple classes if you create the assignment from scratch.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Invite random externals to a Team meeting is only working in the browser version

I can invite external Persons (outside the company and not added as GUESTs) for a Team Meeting only in the Browser version. With the Teams App this feature is blocked. This confuses users and I get a lot of helpdesk requests. I like to have the same functionality in the App.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Report mensagens IM

O resultado do report de mensagens do IM é muito cru, tanto o pst como o gerado em tela, ele não mostra individualmente as conversas, deveria mostrar exatamente como é no aplicativo do teams, da maneira que é hoje se entregar isso para um gestor avaliar fica muito difícil para entender o diálogo dos usuários que foram solicitados rastreamento.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Send message to (other)Private Team I am not Part of

Either it could be a Public Conversation Tab in Private Team -- OR -- a Public Channel -- OR -- ability to post message in currently available "General" channel, notifying Private Team members, that they are contacted by others.

This is very useful in Hospital Facilities with multiple Departments. Each department can be a "Team" and they can be searched and notified about something by other departments.

For user sending the message, it could be a bot, app on the left nav etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base