Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One Note Meeting Page

In OneNote you can add meeting detalis including the particpants to a new page. After or during a meeting you refresh the page and it should tell you who joined by Teams or how. Skype did this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fortran Syntax Highlighting in MS Teams

Hi,

It would be very useful if you could add Fortran (modern format) to the syntax highlighting options in Microsoft Teams. In the "code snippet" box. It would be very useful to users from the scientific and HPC community.

Cheers!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Merge with skype and teams chats so reply on any

I have two clients one with Skype and one teams..

People are using either one or other.
    So you should able to reply to either on Skype or team's not on both.

If someone msg u on teams it should appear on Skype.

If someone message you in skype it should appear teams.

Otherwise I'm using two different application to reply to chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Use ISO 8601 dates

Really to avoid ambiguity MS should default to ISO 8601

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide teams email addres

Give team owners the ability to hide their own team from the GAL. This should not be an administrative task.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A site that contains information about Microsoft Teams notifications

I mainly use Teams on mobile, and I often get no notifications.
    I want the public information that the condition etc. are organized about the notification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shortcut required for turning to Full Screen on Desktop Share

Older Shortcut to change it to full screen is now available as a part of top down menu in the bottom pane on meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I love the “Quiet Hours” and “Daily Quiet Hours” features. Makes it much easier to manage these notifications on the weekend.

I love the “Quiet Hours” and “Daily Quiet Hours” features. Makes it much easier to manage these notifications on the weekend.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Favourites/shortcuts

I would like to be able to favourite chats, tabs or teams so I can get straight to them from the sidebar

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams notifications.

In the teams section we should be able to turn on notifications the same way we receive them in individual chats.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Personalized Label for Contacts in Groups

When contacts (we use many external people) are added, we would like to be able to relabel (like name or title) them, instead of seeing their email address

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Teams disable hardware acceleration in MacOS App

Could you please disable the need of dedicated graphic card for Teams Helper?
    Uses a lot of Battery

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. チャット内の項目の機能追加

チャット内の項目(固定/最近使ったアイテム/おすすめ)のビューを展開か閉じるか固定する機能がほしい
    カスタマイズで項目の作成ができる機能がほしい

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New chat icon should be in the side bar

Whenever I need to ping a new person. I need to right click on the chat icon.
    This icon navigate me to a new section with search bar.
    Ideally we should have new chat icon placed in the parent side bar along with other items like activity,chat,teams etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screenshare When Calling Is Disabled Via Teams Admin

Here is the issue. We are working to do a POC for our users to give them more functionality within their chat client. We are currently using another internal chat client, so we want to disable calling from Teams (at least in phase one of the roll-out), but when you do that you lose the option to screen share.

Can the option to screenshare still be available even if calling is disabled?

This is a horrible design for companies that want to use the Teams client for chat/screenshare/docs, but not have any calling features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change the out of office notice that is being displayed on teams

Set the out of office to display the following sponge bob meme only once a day in stead of constantly displaying the out of office message, we are not stupid, if i click on x it should be gone for the rest of the day at least.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dont reset the Teams view when switching between tabs on the navigation sidebar

It's really frustrating how the view on the Teams tab resets back to the root of the Team everytime I switch to another tab on the navigation sidebar.

E.g. i'll be viewing or editing a document or every just browsing files in a subfolder in the Teams view/tab on the sidebar. I switch to the Chat view/tab on the sidebar and when I switch back to the Teams view/tab I'm presented with the root of the Files folder of the Team or the General Conversation tab. NOT where I just was just moments ago.

This is a huge time waster,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Eliminar chats

Deben permitir que se eliminen los chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. group ordering when creating a teams

Hi There,
    When creating a new Teams from an existing group please sort the existing groups alphabetically. I am a admin and therefore owner of thousands of groups, it is very difficult to find the group to create a team from.
    Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base