Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to show historical calls on calendar

Because this will show:
    1. How can the flow of work break
    2. Allow you to easily back-track of what's your actual 'spare time' to actually work out of calls
    3. Log easily

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we get a feature that allows you to sort teams from A-Z

Groups in teams are in order of creation, however this does not always make it simple for a quick look and requires a search function. How about allowing on to sort groups from A-ZA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. チャットメッセージをコピーもしくは、バックアップしたい。

チャットメッセージをコピーもしくは、バックアップしたい。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow inline images and file attachments i team chats with people outside the organization

Our organization was moved from Skype for business to Microsoft Teams. When I previously had Skype chats with our customers, who are not part of our organization, we were allowed to post files, eg screenshots and other files, in the chat. This is not allowed now when I chat with the customers from Teams. Now I and the customer who I chat with can only write text to one another. This is a not a complete showstopper for us because you can always send files via email but it really slows down my process of helping the customer.

So my…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the conditional access by channels

It would be nice if we had this kind function for first line employees.

We've been using StaffHub as outside quick communication tools between managers and front line employees by separating from business conversation. This way gives first line employees are free from the work when the are not in the shift.

After integrating to Teams, all conversation are open in personal device and this change forces us to prepare the additional security for them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Copy Tasks to same bucket

For some reason when I want to copy a task, it forces me to choose to paste it to a tab in a different channel. I can't select the same channel/bucket that the task is currently in. This is an important ability so I can set up template tasks within a channel and easily replicate them within the channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams notifications are VERY poor and lots of complaints and non-use

Teams notifications are VERY poor and lots of complaints and non-use
    Please add lots of personalization and especially corporate ADMIN overide or defaults.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adding Files and text messages to more teams (Microsoft Teams)

It would be great if it would be possible, to share files in the general channel in more teams (like in assignments). I teach more groups so I have to add the files to every team, it would be great if it would be possilble to share files and text messages in more than one team.That function is missing for teachers and teachers need lots of time, to add these things to every team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. We need a way to administratively disable notifications in channel feeds of membership changes.

Example:
    An employee, Jim Nasium, is placed on administrative leave. Bossman, who has the owner role in a Team of employees, decides to remove Mr. Nasium from the team's membership because he feels it is the right thing to do. Bossman realizes a situation may arise in the fact that the membership change is there for all the team to see.

While we have a mechanism to disable login for situations like this, we would like our users to be able to remove users from their groups without notifications being presented.

1. There needs to be an administrative way to disable…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. providing solution on when an custodian is under legal hold , by defaults all the artifacts created by resource would be under legal hold ,

Build solution on when an custodian is under legal hold , by defaults all the artifacts created by resource would be under legal hold , instead of applying legal holds for individual components like SP and groups mail box ?also what if legal holds users were added to new groups by other individuals and they will start creating the content and conversations , how can we solve that gap

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A combined conversation at Team level in Teams

At the team level in the Teams tab I want a combined conversation for all the channels under that Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "To Do" due date for Next Week = Monday not Sunday

To Do for Business "Next Week" assignment should avoid Saturday/Sunday - likely default to next Monday. When I click on the "Add due date" and "Next Week" the default to Sunday isn't useful when for business usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Group Team Icons by Recent Activity

Expand the concept of grouping Teams by "Your Teams" vs "Hidden Teams" to include a group at the top like "Your active Teams" which is a subset of "Your Teams" repeated at the top because they have unread activity within them.

I would leave "Your Teams" behavior as it is today, since I like that you can decide on the sort order. The "Your active teams" should keep the same sort order imo (rather than newest on top like Chats behavior).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change order/default of Major Sections

I find that MS Teams is most effective if you use "Teams" rather than "Chat", but the order of Icons leads people to start with Teams. If you made the sequence configurable (drag and drop like you can with Team Icons), it would allow people to organize their day more efficiently.

Likewise - I would like the default section to be "Teams" but don't think that's the case.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Look for a way to move chats to and from channels.

We currently have a statewide practice network that use teams to discuss issues and provide feedback. I would like to have a way to move discussions to and from channels, so they can more easily locate team discussions that we would like the network to prioritize and talk about. It can be hard to pinpoint particular discussions when there are many out there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Limit Visibility to Team by Department or Affiliation

I would like to be able to limit visibility of groups by department or affiliation rather than just public or private. I should be able to make a group visible to a subset of users at my university by staff / faculty / student or department (e.g IS, Business School, Provosts office, etc.). Ideally it would be able to allow or disallow visibility to join the group based on data available in our user directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Audio Settings - enable a test button for speakers when settings changed

when changing audio settings - from computer to headset for example, it would be nice to have a "test the audio" button that sends a tone to the new audio device. this way one does not have to wonder if the connection is working or not. this is a feature in Webex that people like.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Join or leave the team easily with using GUI

Currently, we are using Intune to manage team members, but it would be great if we can use GUI in Teams to easily join or leave the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide the popup at the bottom of the screen

I want a function to hide the popup displayed at the bottom of the screen when sharing screens.
    Or I want to move the pop-up location displayed at the bottom of the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add tabs that can be split into customizable columns allowing simaltaneously view of any chat, teams channel, app, etc

Add Feature to Teams that allows a user to create custom tabs that can be split into vertical columns made up of any chat, team channel, feed, app, etc. Tabs would allow for grouping chats, channels, feeds, apps, etc per a users needs. This would improve a users ability to monitor chats, channels, feeds, apps, etc by having a simultaneously view. Allow multiple tabs would allow for custom grouping that would improve navigation between chats, channels, apps, feeds, etc. Allow tabs to be saved and be persistent. Making taps with the ability to view simultaneous chats, channels, apps, feeds, etc…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base