Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate guest Teams better into your no

I think guest Team sites should integrate better in your normal organizational team site. Its a pain to log in/out of other team sites to get relevant updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable team creation for organization-wide for Education offers in Teams

It would be great that Education offers in Teams allows us to create a team across organization, since it is not available for the offer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notify when guest users are invited

When guest users are invited to a tenant, they must be managed, so be sure to receive a notification.
    In addition, there are times when it is not possible to respond even if a notification is received every time, so a function that can be set for a certain number of people should be added.
    If possible, a guest user participation notice may exist as an alert policy item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Better admin center edit functionality

1. Need ability to sort/filter columns

2. Need grid entry abilities

3. Need multi-select and edit functionality

4. Need report for when team was created, who is owner, etc.

5. Need report for more than 180 days usage, e.g. Team never used, etc.

Currently there's not a lot you can do in the Teams admin center. Please enhance!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send message as "Pivate" without toast notification on recipient.

A feature to have the message sender set a message as "Private", which will make it not trigger a toast notification on the recipient end. This will let a user send confidential messages without having it pop up during a presentation on the recipients end.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Categorize channel members for @mention

Root problem: The people in a Channel are the same as in its Team, unless the channel is private.

When I would like to reach out to the members of a certain channel, by @channel mentioning, I end up @mentioning all team members, because they’re all in the channel I’m mentioning.

Solution: Make it possible to setup each channel with primary and secondary @mention levels - same participation rights, different @mention levels, so that only the primary members will be notified by @channel mention. Or make a channel member list, where members can be added by themselves or by team…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better gradebook downloads

It would be great if more options were given for the gradebook downloads:

1. Individual pupil gradebook showing results for all assignments within a set period.

2. Gradebook that shows rubric feedback for tasks

3. General formatting of gradebook to be more user friendly.

4. Options for what information is contained in gradebook. (E.g. selecting points only or feedback only)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom information barriers

Information barriers blocks all communications between 2 groups. The ability to determine what kind of communication is still allowed would be good. Fe chat and access to files is still possible but no calls and meetings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Channel Tab Names - Default to file name

When you create a new tab for a file, after the file is selected, default the tab name to the file name, instead of, for example, "excel."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show phone number in history

When viewing the history in Teams there is no record of the phone number called. All Teams shows is the name. We can't tell if call came from cell, DID or other. Same for outgoing calls. Did I call the contacts cell, Main Number, or DID. No way to find out. All that needs to happen is the addition of an additional column.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Centralize in one view all flagged items

When receiving multiple information from posts that require time to process, it would be awesome to flag a post in a Channel - and having a kind of "personal view" where all flagged posts are listed. This could also act as a todo that you get from multiple posts in multiple channels.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to update/change email addresses on individual channels.

Currently, there is no method to add/update a channels email address accordingly. If i wanted to provide 3 different email addresses to 3 different vendors to receive alerts, i'd like to add them either to the same channel, or assign an email address to each channel (just like how a mailbox functions, you can have many smtp addresses)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Minimize Teams app Window when team opened

Minimize Teams app window when team selected Takes up so much of the screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Revisit Suggestions that were denied more than a year ago

There was a SubChannels request that was denied over a year ago, however since Teams is evolving there should be a revisit of this idea. This is the forum that I am speaking of. Having SubChannels is necessary to the way a lot of people do business. Please revisit this suggestion under this link.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16954120-nested-teams-and-subchannels#{togglepreviousstatuses}

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Edit multiple Teams at the same time

Add the same Channel to multiple teams simultaneously and add content across these teams easily as well. As a teacher, this would be an awesome feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a browser input field to allow input of MS Teams links directly into MS Teams

MT teams channels, pages, files, teams etc. can be accessed by links.
    This is good.
    But why does it not allow you to paste a link into a link input field (like any browser has one) and have the link address opened in MS Teams right away?
    E.g. if you receive an MS Teams link from somewehere and you click on it, it always opens your default browser first - only in a second step you can indicate that you would like top open the link in the MS Teams desktop app.
    But again: why does MS Teams not allow…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

Ability to hide user number in teams. I don't want my users to know their number, we just need them to receive calls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. If you invite to a team with a PowerShell cmdlet, receive an invitation email

It has become and to invite in PowerShell cmdlets as the current operations as mail does not reach.
    I want to be able to receive emails even if invited by PowerShell cmdlets, or I want to set the ability to send emails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. adjust size of preview window in teams

It would be nice to adjust the size of the preview window (i.e the small window displaying your meeting in the upper left hand corner when you're in another perspective like Chat). This way you can expand the window to clearly see visuals of the meeting while you're in other perspectives

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base