Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Test Student Within Teams

Hello
    All right?

When teachers create a NEW TEST for students in Teams and assigns, they can not remove Alumni already assigned.

We identify this need, because when teachers make the call and identify that the student is absent from the classroom, ie, will not take the test on the day, it is necessary to remove the student so he does not have access to the content of the Test.

The option to choose who participates in the test only appears while the Test in Teams is in DRAFT, after assigning it is not possible to remove the student.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Messaging Policy Per Team not just Per User

I may want secure teams where users cannot delete messages - currently this can only be done at the user level.

If you have say compliance people and they have a team site - no delete - but the company summer outing team - perhaps they can.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Temp folder for converstation files storage

To avoid cluttering of "Files" tab can we create a folder for the files that will be utilized to store the files that are discussed in conversation. This is because when files are deleted from "Files" tab it becomes a dead link on conversation which does not look good. By saving files or images in temporary folder we can overcome the dead link issue and it will also not clutter the "Files" tab as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Less is More

Maybe I don't know how to do it but it would be GREAT if Teams would allow the right window pane to be Minimized or Maximized.
    When NOT chatting with someone I would not want to see the old chat window...
    Make it more like "Skype" and "Outlook". The right side is using way to much real estate!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show users DID when adding external calls to a call in teams (adhoc conferencing)

Please provide an option to show the users DID or assigned phone number when conferencing in an external call to an active teams call (adhoc conference). Currently the only option is to show the assigned microsoft conference toll number, which may confuse potential participants.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. is there a way to deactivate?

is there a way to deactivate?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let users create a nested view of their teams

Due to the lack of private channels, I am a member of 30 teams and counting. I expect the number to double by the time Teams rolls out fully. It would be nice to have the option to be able to group teams into broad categories and "drill down" in each category to see the teams inside. This gives the feel of private channels without all the background tech needed to make it happen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams communiction fondation function

hello i am mr. kim
    I want to use the function of finiding on temas progamms to communications.

thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams calendar timing is out

Hi.
    My calendar in Teams meeting is showing an hour behind my regional setting on the laptop. I tried to look at all ways to adjust the region time setting but all seems to be the same as what is shown on my laptop. Even outlook calendar is aligned, only Teams calendar is having such an issue. Any advice? Have approached my IT support team and he was unable to find a solution. Screenshot attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I'd like to suggest having the ability to add tabs via Microsoft flow steps.

I'd like to suggest having the ability to add tabs via Microsoft flow steps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Wants the ability for current users to see how much storage and free space they have in a team

Teams It is very inconvenient for current users to be unable to see the total files uploaded to the team.
    Depending on the operation, it is also necessary to extract a very large number of files, so check from the user as well as the administrator.
    I want users to be able to check the site used storage of SharePoint Online itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I want to customize the default settings when creating a new team

Since creating a team on the client can not use multi-byte display names or set an arbitrary e-mail address, it creates an O365 group and links it to the team.

When editing a team in the Admin Center, you can restrict channel creation and editing. However, after creating an Office 365 group and linking it with a team, you need to create a new group and then restrict it.
    Please allow control by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restrict the maximum number of teams that user can create

Currently we don’t allow general users to create teams and have certain users to do that. I believe that general admins can create up to 500,000 (which is the max number of groups that you can have in a tenant) groups, but it would be great that some other admin role users such as Teams admin can create more groups like the general admin does. Also, each Microsoft Teams user can create teams up to 250, but we don’t have a method to check how many groups that s/he has been created so far, which is inconvenient. I would like…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide

I need a team channel description appear when hovering over a channel in the navigation pane. It doesn't make sense to have the same channel name appear as a popup on the same channle name as it does currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. save last channel view

This are my common facts:
    - I'm reading a documentation in just another wiki page in channel 'Documentation'.
    - Someone talk to me by private messager or in a channel.
    - I move into then in order to read it
    - When I want to recover my Documentation task, Teams redirection me to the "Documentation channel default view".

This is not good and I think you will improve this feature.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide ability to remove person from chat

We had a teams chat(chat and not teams/channel) for an internal team discussion. A couple of people from the chat left the organisation after a few days. However, we still see their placeholder ids being present in chat. The member count still takes in those inactive members and the chat shows their ids/names as unknown users. This confuses the users in terms of members present. Request you to please have this fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delay in sending Voicemails to On-Premise Exchange

After the caller had left a voicemail, it took about 5 minutes to reach the user's mailbox. I'm not sure if this is related to the On-Premise Exchange or is it something related to how Teams sends out voicemail messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Posibilidad de elegir cómo aparecen los nuevos mensajes en las conversaciones

En las conversaciones, tanto en los canales de equipos como en los chats, los nuevos mensajes nuevos siempre aparecen en la parte inferior, lo cual, en ocasiones, cuando hay que adjuntar archivos complica su respuesta porque desaparece el campo de respuesta. Sería bueno poder configurar como en las bandejas de correo, que los nuevos mensajes aparezcan arriba y los más antiguos abajo, para identificarlos con más claridad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Easily Rearrange Favorite Teams

When more than a handful of teams are marked as Favorites it is difficult to rearrange the order of the Favorited Teams. Specifically, when you try to drag a team from the bottom the list will not scroll to allow you to move it near the top of the list. This seems to happen with both the Desktop and Web Teams apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base