Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default Tab

Now I understand that there are already some feedback items on this. Example:
    https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33396739-default-tab-for-channels-not-conversation

However, I think this may be a good compromise. When you right-click a tab in a channel, the context menu should have a "Set default tab" option. This allows the user to have some control of their experience and how they work.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Managing member editing rights

Looking into the idea to be able to pick and choose who can edit a particular document.

For example having a powerpoint live document on teams - which only 2 members have the rights to edit and add too but all memebrs can see the live updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ability to see pictures attached from teams

currenlty it only puts a link to the pictures instead of showing it in the channel chat... as you can see on the attached picture a newly attached picture shows in the channel, but the one i attached from the channel files does now preview. please add this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Microsoft Flow Action to Create Team

Would be nice to have an Action in Microsoft Flow to Create a Team. Currently only the 'create channel' is available.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow administrators to view complete list of Teams

As an O365 Global Admin, I should be able to see all Teams that exist. I can go into Groups management and view all O365 Groups, but there is no way to see how they were created and if they are associated with Teams, Yammer Groups, etc. This should be part of a management tool available to administrators.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow non-Office files for Assignment hand-in

When using Teams for a class with Assignments, the teacher can specify what students should hand-in, but non-Office files can not be used.
    In this particular case at least one assignment requires code as the hand-in, which is not possible whether it is .txt, .m, .c or whatever the type, unless it's an Office file.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Multiple Teams windows open at once

I want to have two or more Teams windows open at the same time, but the desktop version doesn't to that.

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to customize channels per team.

Being able to customize the channels. Like the general channel doesnt need to be the default channel upon creation of teams. Setting another channel as default would be a great add. It will also be great if we can customize or manage the team members within a channel. Not everyone on a team needs to be on a certain channel so its really a great add for filtering messages and communications without creating a lot of group and user clutter.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chat Room Participant Limit and Vote to Kick Feature

As far as I understood it is hard to assign someone as a Chat Room owner and that is why we cannot kick people out of the chat room. But if you add a feature like voting to kick people out that issue will be sorted. Also please try to increase the participant number in the chat rooms. 20 people limit is a huge issue for some cases, esp when we have no privacy in the Team tab.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Tab colors, activity vs chats

When you have active chat vs hover chat, the hover color is dark and active chat is light. I’ve sent messages to wrong chat all the time if cursor lands on wrong chat. Also, you can’t tell easily under Activities area if a person is sending you a chat or is posting to a channel. Often replied to a channel thinking it’s only to single person, making me hesitate to use Activities area.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display the description of the team and channels

Every team and channel has a description that can be entered, yet there doesn't seem to be any way to see that description unless you can edit. How about making the description visible under the title in the right window? Maybe even a setting that allows me to make descriptions visible or not (on/off switch).

211 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. hard delete deleted channels

is there any way of "hard" deleting, deleted channels?
    i've did some testing regarding the 200 channel limit, now i can't create new channels, as still the limit is reached because the test channels are still under deleted channels….

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep the Active Web Page sessions in the Channel Guides.

The feature of adding a web page to Guides is very practical and we use a lot however, when you add any web page and navigate within a certain web page and navigate in other guides or channels and return to that webpage the same and reloaded or be it and reset. This is very inconvenient because it ends up resetting the logins and losing the position of where you were navigating within this page. There should be an improvement in Micosoft Teams being able to keep this session active and not causing resets or page reloads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remember swops to other parts in Teams

In Teams: it would be great if Teams remembers a swop to another tab (chat, notebook, other Team)
    E.g. If you're working in a notebook and want to go to a chat to give a quick reply and after that you want to go back to your notebook, you have to start all over again to find the part you were working in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable to see which public teams exist

When clicking on the Join a team icon, I get an empty page with a small search window on the right. Now I need to guess which teams exist and search for them.
    Why not show ALL public teams, so I can simply decide which teams I want to join?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow users to invite others to channel

Similar to the slack command /invite, allow users of a channel to invite other users to a channel. In Teams nomenclature, that means allowing others to favorite a channel for you. Or at the very least, allow admins/moderators to do this.

Many users can't be bothered to understand or know which channels they might be interested in. The whole community and "virtually working in the same room" use model relies on the knowledge of one person pulling another person in who may be interested in a topic.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Be able to attach a voice note to a chat with one button, like Whatsapp.

Be able to attach a voice note to a chat with one button, like Whatsapp.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I would like to be able to clear history of individual chats in Teams

I would like to be able to clear history of individual chats in Teams

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assignment per channel

Is it possible to make an assignment per channel. Instead of make an assignment on the General channel.
    We want to use a team as class. The channels are the subjects and in each "subject channel" we want to make an seperate subject assignment

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.