Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. print preview in Teams

Provide a function in Word when run inside Teams to view/edit in Print Layout mode like the desktop version. Users do not see the desired layout in Teams, so they edit it to fix it, but what really happens is it messes up the format, but that isn't visible until you print or view in the desktop app. WYSIWYG editing is a basic function of a modern word processor, it should be supported by Word when run in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved notifications

I often miss the notification that I have received a IM in MS-Teams. Please add an option (to teams or to windows) such that, if that options is enabled, it is impossible to miss a notification. Something like the notification fills all the screens and has to be dismissed in order to continue work.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hide Teams Chat Preview Line

Please provide the option to "hide" the preview line in the Recent Chats list. We have users who would like to keep conversations confidential and the preview is causing concern

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a "homepage" that teams opens up to that doesn't show any of your chats

Just something to pull up in teams so people cannot see what you are talking about with other people. Whether it just shows your "favorites" or recents is fine. I don't know if you'd want to pull in calendar events to say what's happening today, and have a blurb on the weather but mainly I'd just want a screen that doesn't show what I am saying to other people. Currently I just leave my recent files up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scan from a printer to sharepoint sync

I try to scan of canon printer irc 3520 and send a sharepoint sync but it didn't work. I try with email, i try with url, and i try with network device impossible ... I hope we can one days because you are our stockage now and you need to put the scan in Sharepoint immediatly :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set order folders in Teams

I work within Teams within a channel with various folders. I would like to receive these folders in alphabetical order. That works by clicking on name, but I have to do it again each time. Would be nice if I could fix that or mark folders with favorites so that they remain at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be great to be able to export Analytics & reports data for over 28 days.

It would be great to be able to export Analytics & reports data for over 28 days.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Policy for Requesting Approval/Decline from each active member of the Team meeting (determines if meeting can be recorded)

In some cases, when needing to record a meeting, the meeting owner normally requests approval from all participants before starting the recording, as part of some sort of policy.

It would be great to have a policy setting, where by when initiating a recording of a meeting, to send out a request for approval / decline to all active participants (maybe using Bot Chat dialog) (or request approve / decline when a new members joins) and then track / record this with the meeting.

If all members accept, then recording can comence. Or if a new member joins a meeting…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recording feature for private channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    プライベート チャネルでのレコーディング機能について
    Recording feature for private channels

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams において会議の際後からも確認できるよう、毎回レコーディングを実施しています。
    しかしながら、同じチームでもチャネルの作成時、プライベートにすると現時点ではレコーディングが行えません。
    機能の拡張を要望します。
    We perform recording everytime there is a meeting on Microsoft Teams so that we can check the content afterwards.
    However, currently if a channel is created and made private recording cannot be performed even for the same team.
    Please improve on this to make recording possible for private channels as well.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please improve the search feature to make words in Announcements header searchable

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    アナウンスの見出しを検索でヒットするよう改善してほしい
    Please improve the search feature to make words in Announcements header searchable

■Description(内容):
    アナウンス機能で​投稿した際、見出しの文字列は検索結果にヒットしません。
    (サブヘッドは検索対象)
    アナウンスを利用して大事な情報を配信することが多いので、ユーザーが後で検索できるようアナウンスの見出しも検索の対象としてほしい。
    When the Announcements feature is used to make a post, words in the header will not be used in searching nor appear in search results, but subheaders are used.
    We use Announcements quite frequently to send out important information, so we hope that words in the header can be used for searching in order to make it possible for users to do a search later.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to create personalized folders to keep relevant Teams posts like emails in Outlook

Ability to create personalized folders to keep relevant Teams posts like emails in Outlook. Flat list of favorites doesn’t help organize important stuffs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Imported files into a Team - After import, the file modified date should be the date the file was modified before import into the Team

When a file(s) is currently imported into a Team or Channel, the last modified date shown is the Teams import date, not the modified date before it was imported. The modified date stamp immediately after import should be the last modified date prior to import. Once the file is edited/saved in Teams, it should then change to that modified date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Standard Teams sites

We use Teams as a display platform for our Projects. Each site is used as a different project. As the number of projects is growing, we need to create some standardization.

The idea is to have a Template team site, with all template documents imbibed in it (Word, excel, pdf, smartsheets, etc) so when someone creates a new site all these templates would be already there.

Today when you copy an existing team site to create a new one, just the name of the tabs keeps the same (and we need the content as well).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want a sidepane that shows the entire thread expanded when I click on Team chat that has a thread, just like Slack does

I love threads in Teams, but the way they are collapsed and sometimes take multiple expansions and sometimes that collapses other parts (if a really long thread) is really hard to work with. I'd like to be able to just click on the parent message and have the entire thread shown expanded already in a side pane, just like slack does.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. New Conversation should not always be visible

Conversations in Teams is difficult to manage. Everyone expects them to work like Instant Messaging. Like Chats.

So you end up with conversations happening all over the place.

To rectify this, I have tried to create template conversations so that when you go into one, you've already seen the correct formatting.

Yet, without a doubt, someone replies to the Running Thread by creating a new conversation instead of replying to the already existing one.

You need the "new conversation" field to NOT be visible. It should just be a plus button on the right hand side, and the REPLY should…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Download Kanban Cards within MS Team (desktop application)

Within MS Planner, it is only the possible to download Kanban Cards in the online view of the Planner – Ideally, this functionality should be available in the Teams desktop app itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sync in explorer he has a special character on the name of TEAMS

Sometimes some poeple get the file to sync in explorer i have some problems to put in a other software. He put the file in the program and the program get a error and close the windows because i don't accept the special character.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. instant calendar add feature

Similar to how you can mention people with @, Teams need a shortcut that automatically adds events to a calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. give us a settings for chat so we can be better orgainized and notified better.

We need a settings button to be able to change these setting in chat so we are notified by more than a check of next to an Icon we don't see if the window is closed. It could also provide us better ability to Organize messages as we need to see them, or delete them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the Teams pane collaspable

Can the pane where all the Team names are listed be collapsible or resizable so you can Focus on just one Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base