Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make deleted teams and channels recoverable

Have an undo or recover function for if a team or channel is accidentally deleted

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to lock a conversation inside channels

Need ability to lock a conversation, just like one would lock a forum thread. Some users continue to tack onto an existing conversation thread when they should start a new thread, pinging all involved. I could see these permissions being delegated to conversation starter/owner, and channel owners.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Most recent conversations/replies on top.

I'd like most recent conversations/replies on top. Scrolling to the bottom to see the newest replies is a terrible experience.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Expand the calendar capabilities

For one, it would be nice to expand the calendar to a full page, to view the entire month and future month by month.
    In addition, it would be great to sync the calender's with a third party OS. Transparency with invites to a meeting in the calendar view, by that, I mean see who has/hasn't responded to the request.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Forward mail and/or answer via mail to a existing thread

Sometimes it is good to forward a mail or answer via mail to a thread in a channel.

My suggestion is, please create a "Reply via email" function/button, if i click on this, a Mail to the Channel email Adress and a special Subject Line are open and i can mail to the existing thread.
    Possible is also a other way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Delete external Mail in channel

If a Teams-User forward a Mail to a channel, he can delete the Mail.
    If a external (not Teams-User) Mail are at the Chanel it is not possible to delete this Mail.

My suggestion: make external Mail deletable from Channel Owner.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Option to move/copy a reply to another or new conversation

Option to move/copy a reply to another conversation, best via a kind of drag and drop.

Often replies get posted as new conversations or a reply is actually better to be a new conversation.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. show local time with timezone in profile card user

Show local time with timezone in profile card user what would be great acting with an international team. My team members are spread around the globe and it is handy to see quickly what the local time is in the place they are hanging out at that moment for the choice of seeking direct or indirect contact.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Task Management

Allow users to create, assign, and manage tasks within Teams. As of now, you must redirect to an external webpage to manage tasks. This reduces the effectiveness of using teams. This add-on would be great!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support macros and VBA in Excel workbooks.

Excel workbooks opened in Teams need to support macros and/or VBA code.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Team Conversations need to have an alert, flash or some other notification that there is new information in the Team chat

We have many teams and having an alert to notify you that there is an active conversation in process would be great!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams VOIP

Teams works very well inside our hospital and it needs to serve the same roles when I'm not at work. I know that you are moving to Teams to serve the roles that Skype does now and I hope that I'll be able to use Teams to interact with people that are not part of my work team. Contact me if I can help.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

You can already do this! If you want to call a mobile phone or any number from Teams, just click the little phone labeled “Calls” then click the button that says “Dial a number.”

Note this is only available for certain licenses such as E3 with enterprise voice add-on and E5. You also need to have been given a calling plan by your administrator.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
    Suphatra

14. Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets

Scroll screen when I move a Planner card between buckets like trello. I have 4 buckets and I cannot drag a card for the left most column to the right most column.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Per Channel, I'd just like it to remember where I left off.

I like how Teams added a line for last read position, now start the scroll from there, or at least have it as an option.

I go to a channel that gets 100s of messages a day. I can't always find where the last read message is located. I would like it to start at the last read location.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Incorporate some kind of photo viewer in Teams files tab.

Right now when you click on a Photo in the Teams "files" tab it opens up in a browser window and there is no way to flip through photos quickly. It would be good if Teams had a photo viewer built in so that you could flip through photos in the files tab.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option: Organise channel files by metadata instead of subfolder

Currently creation of a Channel causes creation of a subfolder in the Group Document Library. Please provide the option to create a 'Channel' column instead, which identifies the channel to which a file relates. Then the library can be interrogated more flexibly.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Search and View All Teams

Please allow users to VIEW all teams available. If public they can join. If private they can ask to join and the owner can allow or not.

Having to click on ADD TEAM and search for teams is not intuitive...plus IT DOESN'T WORK. This is critical for us.

Also using the mini search bar doesn't allow us to see all teams...i have to guess what the name is

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copy thread to other channel

Can you copy a thread from one channel to another? If so, how?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.