Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Holidays

It would be useful if there was someway of tracking or viewing Team holidays/vacations from within Team

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show view grouped documents in SharePoint document tab

Using metadata and group documents is an effective and easy way to find documents view in SharePoint document Libraries. When adding a document Library to the Teams tab I only see the documents without the view, which basically will force me to make folders for not making it a huge list of documents.
    Please make it possible to view the documents in a grouped view in Teams tab!

Cheers from the north

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dont sort conversations based on last response

Do not sort conversations based on the most recent response. Keep conversations sorted based on Date and Timestamp of the initial post. When you sort by last response, conversations started earlier get lost. An accurate chronological sort is more useful here.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding Metrics and Access

Two suggestions:

1. We need visibility in to who has opened teams or who has marked the activity feed unread. As well as visibility in to which teams and channels they are commenting in.

2. Access is restricted to everyone but admins, and being in a company of 5000+, it's impossible to convince our Support team to give us Admin access. So making the metrics more available to users would help streamline processes.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't generate random names for channel email address

After you create a new Channel, when you choose "Get Email Address" it generates an email that is just random characters. It would be nice if it generated an email address based on the Channel name like it does for a new Team. Other suggestions have asked for the company name to be in the email address, or for the IT Admin to have more control of the name, such as the ability to customize the name.

Example Channel named Channel1
    Current: af7b9300.<redacted>@amer.teams.ms
    Ideal: Channel1@amer.teams.ms

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to delete a Teams without deleting Office 365 Group.

We need the ability to delete a MS Team without deleting the entire O365 group!

If we create a Team from an existing O365 group, it is impossible to delete only the Team - we lose the existing Planner and all content!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We need more GIFS please...........

Please can you add more GIFS so we have more to choose from like we have on Twitter. It increases staff interaction and makes TEAMS really fun. I love TEAMS and this would make it perfect for me. Thanks very much in advance.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. チャネルの順番を変えられるようにして欲しい

新規に作ったチャネルが必ず下になるのは使いにくいです。
    チャネルの順番を任意で変えられるようにして欲しい。

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I would like the ability to search within a Wiki document/file within Teams.

I would like the ability to search within a Wiki document/file within Teams.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Follow the parent channel

Would like to see 'follow channel' option for the parent, allowing to automatically follow all the child channel. Alternatively, you can follow selective child channel as per now.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Standard "copy all" Feature

The standard "copy all" feature or the OS seems to be implemented somehow to capture MS Teams conversations using CTRL-A on Windows or CMD-A on Mac and copy the highlighted text into the clipboard. As a result, also some overview on the team is created there, e.g. a list of channels. This is a very good feature, e.g. to get the whole conversation into the clipboard, move it to MS Word, create a PDF ... voila, you have your conversation archived, portable, and searchable. You could delete the channel or the team now. So far so good. But: CMD-A is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. deprecate channels

Ability to deprecate channels, i.e. have them visible for reference but do not allow new messages.

This would help with consolidating channels (as an alternative to merge channels) by positing a "this channels is closed" please go to channel xyz .

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Urgent-Required Teams info as reports with list of all channels and owners

Information for Teams in following format is missing under Reports section even we cannot fetch from Powershell as Global admin.

Team name, Owner, Channels

This is really troublesome where we are aggressively waiting for

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. give the ability to copy or replicate assignments from one Team to another.

Our IT department has set up Teams so that each class period is a different Team. While this makes sense, there is a basic functionality missing from Teams that is fundamental:

I have 4 classes of Algebra 1, for example. I create an assignment for 1st period. I must then create the same, exact assignment 4 times for every class I teach. I should be able to copy or replicate an assignment for the different classes. This seems like a basic functionality issue that other users are requiring too.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Microsoft Sway as an App

Would like to have a way to pull in Microsoft Sway vs. just adding it as a Website.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. view all Teams created in Office 365

view all Teams created in Office 365

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Scroll conversation to specific date/time

Allow a specific date/time and scroll Conversations in a Channel to that time.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Seperate libraries for channels.

Instead of using folders in the document library on the SharePoint site for each channel, create a new document library for each channel.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Feedback appear on assignment downloads (similar to comments)

I usually download my students work, showing the comments that have been posted by children and myself. It would be great if the feedback given at the end of an assignment was attached to the documents when downloaded.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.