Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide the sharing settings item for each user

I want to hide the shared setting items for each user.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Heart broken Emoji for Organizational Announcement in Teams

Hi,

Please add heart broken Emoji for Organizational Announcement in Teams.

Thanks,

Subhajit Paul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Open Channels

The current Private Channel solution does not cover a very common scenario: when someone outside of a team that works together on regular basis wants to interact with the team on ad-hoc basis.

In order to enable that with Private Channels you'd have to declare all channels private upon creation, keep one non-private channel, add that person as member of the Team. Whenever you add a new regular member, you'd need to add him/her to all private channels. This is very cumbersome.

Why not do the opposite? Allow to create an Open Channel that will allow non-members to interact with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Remove or allow option to eliminate the "See more" control

Currently teams displays only the first five (or so) lines of a message, and then displays "See more" link beneath them. In my experience, this typically displays one or two more lines, sometimes only a fragment of a line. It disturbs train of thought and reading to have to continually hit these buttons. Personally I would do away with them altogether, but I can see some people who are just casually browsing might not actually be reading for content. Af the very least, an option to eliminate it for those of us not bothered by reading the entirety of a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ability to Add Contact Lists to Invite a number of people to Teams meeting

Allow Contact Lists created in Microsoft 365 to be added to list of people invited to Teams Meeting.
    A similar feature is available in One Drive to share a file with a Contact List

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you create a feature that enables you to select a lot of tasks or buckets and move them to other plans, like multiple rather than singul

Can you create a feature that enables you to select a lot of tasks or buckets and move them to other plans, like multiple rather than singul

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams settings email integration support email addresses not just domains

Currently you can only add domains to the setting for
    "Accept channel email from these SMTP domains"

It would be nice if you could define specific email addresses (x@domain.com) instead of just an entire domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delete multiple assignments at once

It would be easier to be able to delete multiple assignments at once it takes too much time doing it channel by channel assignment by assignment

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. print meeting note

Would be nice to be able to print the meeting notes directly from Teams.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Muted speaker indicator

Many times I will be on a call with my camera on, however, I will mute my speakers along with my microphone. I do this so that people know I am in front of the computer working, but I will turn the speakers off so that I can focus on a phone call or because I am working on something.

There should be an Indicator for other people on the call Team call with me for when I have my speakers on mute along with when my microphone is on mute.

This way people will know that if they speak…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can we add a mail client to teams .....it is already the primary communication mechanism , all thats missing is email

can we add a mail client to teams .....it is already the primary communication mechanism , all thats missing is email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Activate "class" type team with PowerShell

At the moment when a class team is created using PowerShell (with class template), an owner needs to open the team and "activate" it before team members (students) can be added to private channels.
    It will be good if we can activate the team via PowerShell, so we can automate the setup of channel members for the academic.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create learning trails for class teams

Create learning trails that can unify all teams or channels contents into structural components to require students to complete a course sequentially.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sobre la nueva función de levantar la mano en Microsoft Teams

Buenos días ya nos registra la nueva función de levantar la mano en Microsoft Teams pero mi pregunta es qué posibilidad existe de que a esa opción se le asigne una numeración para validar en que orden levantan la mano y se respete el orden en el que los asistentes la utilicen para darles la palabra?

Quedo muy atento.
    Feliz día.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. El organizador de la reunión pueda administrar los usuarios que puedan compartir la pantalla

En una reunión el organizador y asistentes puedan controlar que usuarios puedan compartir la pantalla o cualquier otro recurso y además bloquear el audio y video de los usuarios.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search by document number or text in conversation

Ability to search by document number or text in conversation, it is difficult to scroll and look for the old conversations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. location of deleting chats no longer required? Or an ease to find delete button, as no need to store all these past conversations .

location of deleting chats no longer required? Or an ease to find delete button, as no need to store all these past conversations

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. May i propose that MS look at allowing Teams Calendar to be disabled at user level so that we can better control user access. Thanks

ay i propose that MS look at allowing Teams Calendar to be disabled at user level so that we can better control user access. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better to have a resend option in chat window is quite useful sometimes.

In the Teams chat window, if we have re-send option for previously sent messages or reply option for each individual message already sent will be helpful sometimes when other side partner fails to notice some of the already sent messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My company would like to have integration with Microsoft Project Web App

My company, the Materials Processing Institute, would like to see more integration with Microsoft Project and Project Web App, as we move towards greater use of Microsoft Teams for collaboration and storage of files for projects. This encompasses timekeeping, project planning and resource management

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base