Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. do not show addition or removal of team members between posts

Do not Show additions or removals of Team members between Posts.

Or make it at least an option to keep it or hide it. This will make the post channel more lean...

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add drawing feature to Wiki / text editing

beeing able to draw / highlight / comment on text / graphics entered in Wiki would be great... same feature as already available in Outlook, Onenote and so on...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Activity notification email to the administrator

You should notify the administrator about each user's activity.
    Security It is necessary to send a notification email to the specified email address when the specified activity occurs, with the same content (or added to the activity) as the alert policy of the Compliance Center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Transfer or forward chat history between teams channels

I would like you to add a feature that we could transfer or forward a chat history to another team channel in Teams channel

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show me the path to a file in the search results

Show the path to a file in the search results. I need to know where the file is located in the folder structure.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow folder icon to change and indicate if folder is populated with files or not

We have large "default" directory trees. If would be great if folder icon could change to indicate the presence of files withing the folder; this way I would save time not opening empty folders when looking for files.

Alternatively, if in Team could select "view large icons" then could the folder icon change automatically to indicate presence of files like it does in Explorer?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to sort teams A - Z

Need to be able to sort teams, With multiple teams on my list it is hard to find the one i need, Need to be able to sort A-Z

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Old chats constantly need to be copied to local. Why not keep them local?

When I load an old chat, it needs to copy the chat from the server to local ... every time.

Why not have local caching?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add flag menu into 3 dots menu of business chat (channel conversation) that can be gathered by To-Do.

My organization wants to use MS-Teams to reduce the number of emails and increase operational efficiency. The only negative point of MS-Teams from my members is that they forget what was asked in the conversation. I think that it would be really convenient if you could bring a request that cannot be processed on the spot to To-Do (task) with a single click. Although there is a save function, it is difficult to use because it is not integrated with other tasks.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. draw over video feed

It would be nice if you could add drawing feature over videofeed.
    It would be used for showing features like UI design ideas, explaining things, helping others to use something over the video.
    Different users would use different color by default. stroke size and other features would be welcome too.
    Of course you would then need to add eraser-tool too and clear whole screen feature. Maybe add filters to remove different users drawings and have privileges to who can draw..

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improving the way conversations are saved

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    会話の保存について
    Improving the way conversations are saved

■Description(内容):
    現在 Teams にて重要な会話を保存し、業務しています。
    しかしながら、複数の重要な会話がある場合、どれが保存したのかわからない場合があります。
    また会話を保存する際以前は、ワンクリックで可能だったが現在は ”いいね” のアイコンが増えたため 3 点 リーダーをクリックする必要があります。
    保存した会話が一目でわかるようアイコンと、ワンクリックで保存ができるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    Currently we are saving important chat information in Teams for our business.
    However if there are multiple important conversations, there are times when we do not know which one got saved.
    And in the past saving conversations can be done with just one click of the mouse but now the amount of Like icons have increased and thus the three dots menu must be clicked first.
    Please implement an icon to help differenciate between the conversations saved,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Contact layout customisable, i.e. add/remove field columns

Enable customisation of Contact layout so used can add/remove contact fields, i.e. Company

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement a team name display setting

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    チーム名の表示について
    Implement a team name display setting

■Description(内容):
    以前まではチャネルにて会話をしていても画面上部にチーム名が表示されていた。
    先週頃からアップデートがかかり、チャネルで会話をしているとチーム名の表示がされなくなった。
    Teams にて [Ctrl] + [E] を入力し画面上の検索から任意のチャネルを検索することにより、すぐに該当チャネルでの会話が可能だが、チームの表示がなく不便。
    該当項目が設定により変更できるよう機能の拡張を要望します。
    In the past the team name will be displayed on the top of the channel.
    But last week there was an update and after that the team names do not get displayed anymore.
    By using [Ctrl] + [E] in Teams and the search bar on the top of the screen I can find the channel I want immediately, but it is still inconvenient as there is no team name shown.
    Please implement a feature so that the team name…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have a conversation on a folder

So that I can tell people where is the directory I meant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Your teams all team

I would like to add a category that shows all teams in my organization in addition to “your team” in the list of teams

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Changebdefaults

I would like to be able to change the time default for assignment submission.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base