Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ENTER for new Line instead of send

Could it bei possible to configure, if <ENTER> inserts a 'new line' instead of 'send' the message?

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. volume/sound options

volume/sound options would make this work. We transitioned from Slack to Teams and Slack gave WAAAY more options. I have to use Volume Mixer to make Teams louder, seems like a basic function that aught to be available by default for the users to customize, like Windows Sounds.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignments ios

Would like to be able to create an assignment from the iOS app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add configurable option in desktop app to replace the "Start new conversation" box with a new button that behaves similarly to the moile app

Our team repeatedly creates new conversations on accident when using the desktop app. It's just too easy to do. It would be helpful to have a configuration option to make the desktop app behave like the mobile app to prevent this problem.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assignment Calendar View and External Sharing in Teams

A view all assignments option, allowing the user (teacher) to see all due dates for all assignments. Also the option to select what teams to view assignments for.

It would be great to then be able to share a specific assignments calendar with external users (parents)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Docking/Saving resources and links

It would be great to have more of a "homepage" feel in Team when you click on the Team and/or a channel. For example...I would like to save quick links to my org chart, key project resources, links to other portals/wikis that our team uses vs having to navigate to different apps or tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. STOP NOTIFICATIONS WHEN I'M ON A CALL

When i am on a call, BUSY or DND please stop the notifications from making sounds or appearing on my screen

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Change message order in Conversations so new messages are on top

For someone monitoring the Conversations in a Channel, it would be useful to have new messages be at the top of the list.

If this can be configurable (default can still be as-is), then it would be useful for those who use the conversations feature in this manner, as it would avoid having to scroll down to see new messages, making it easier to be responsive.

This is analogous to how LinkedIn and Twitter manage their feeds.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote: Under channel "Files," cannot add OneNote - must add through a tab

Under Files within a channel, if you click "New," you can only add folders, word, excel or powerpoint - why not OneNote? To create a OneNote document, you have to do a workaround by creating a one note tab in the channel and then delete the tab - please allow creation for a OneNote doc within the "New" option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Lunch status

I think it would be great if there is an additional status for lunch so you can set a temporary time so when the time goes up the status goes back to previous. I think this would help a lot

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. favourite

Provide the ability to have a favourites list for Channels and not Teams. As a member of numerous Teams, I would like a list of all my favourite channels (that I follow) in one single Favourites list.

So, basically, a favourites list with channels from different teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto Subcribe to Channels

When we create a Team and start creating channels into it, we would like that this channel is auto subscribed (followed) by team members so that when new posts are posted in channels, members can receive notifications. If they do not want to, they can unfollow the channel. But by this proposed feature, the one posting in a channel can be sure that all members are receiving updates.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View saved messages button and Switch account button on the left pane

I think that [View saved messages] button and [Switch account button] should be set as shortcut on the left pane.
    Currently access path are inconvenience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Screen Sharing like Skype

It would be great if you could use the screen sharing functionality like what is used in Skype. I used screen sharing for training purposes with my offshore team. So even having the capability to record training sessions would be good so agents can keep it for future reference would be awesome!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Let owners delete chat threads from emails

Owners delete chat threads from emails: Further to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17208092-hide-archive-and-delete-chat-threads it would be helpful if as a team owner I could delete/archive chat threads that were initiated from an email to the team.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Merging Teams

Merging Teams: As organizations evolve, functions are merged and as a result there is a need to merge Teams including files and content

99 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Plagiarism Checking for Assignments

Many teachers use Turnitin.com or similar plagiarism checks for assignments. Please look into a partnership with Turnitin.com or plagiarism check for teachers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resubmit Assignments

I am the tech facilitator at DHS in Onslow County and a teacher gave me feedback about students not being able to turn in assignments again until I have returned it to them. It would be nice if they could still re-submit assignments without me having to return it, and it showing the date/time stamp for all attempts from them doing it on their own or on returned assignments. I don't get updated time stamps for assignments I have returned.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please display “Teams” in the group sites which created in Teams.

*English follows Japanese

Teams で作成したグループ サイトと一般のチーム サイトの区別ができず、管理し辛いため、Teams で作成したグループ サイトに「teams」と表示させたい
    Teams で作成したグループ サイトと一般のチーム サイトの区別ができず、管理し辛いため、Teams で作成したグループ サイトに「teams」と表示させたい
    ---------------------------------------------------
    It is difficult to differentiate the group sites which created in Teams and general team sites.
    Please display “Teams” in the group sites which created in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Side Chat: Ability to Chat with Team Members but Connected to a Conversation Thread

For some conversations, it would be nice to have a related, private chat regarding that thread with other team members. Such a chat could later be identified with some flag on the original conversation that only the chat participants could see. The chat could also be seen within the main chat feature of Teams and have a reference/link/flag that lets you click and then pivot to the original conversation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.