Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Toggle Between Teams without Going Back to Teams Menu

Currently, when you're in a Team and you need to go to a different Team, you have to go back to your ALL TEAMS menu. Why can't there just be a drop menu (or smtg) that brings up your list and you can toggle between Teams right there. The extra set of leaving and coming back in is annoying and takes too much time.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you add Happy Birthday to Praise feature in MS Teams?

To have Happy Birthday Praise on MS Teams in order to recognize coworker special day :)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scheduled Meeting can be joined by 1 or more participants in advance and same for End meeting

A Meeting which has been been scheduled can be entered by 1 or more participants in advance. And same for a ended meeting it is annoying. This feature of entering the schedule before and later should be avoided.

Also any person can chat after meeting and gets appended in the channel meeting chats.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. List Teams in alphabetical order

Filter or list Teams in alphabetical order

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SPELL CHECK & GRAMMAR

Spell check and grammar in Teams under the Chats

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recording Keyboard Shortcut

Please create a keyboard shortcut to toggle a meeting recording on/off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give user control over which speaker on PC that the Teams app will use. Better, use Windows default settings.

At startup, MS Teams picks a speaker that it decides it wants to use on my Windows 10 PC, and sets the volume to max.

I have six different speaker choices: the PC itself, speakers in each of my two monitors, a Jabra speaker phone, Sennheiser headphones, and Bose external speakers (usually my Windows default).

When I join each Teams meeting, Teams arbitrarily chooses one of my speakers for it's audio output and then BLASTS the audio! The Teams choice is never what I have chosen as my Windows default.

Today I cannot change which speakers Teams uses. I also…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please provide display options that will allow a user to do actual work on the screen without having to minimize the current task to read.

Please provide display options that will allow a user to do actual work on the screen without having to minimize the current task to read a message, just a MinUI mode with a button to switch back and forth between MinUI and FullUI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Join With Code

When creating a live event with the "public" status, the only way to "join" the event is by using the link, which means that the link somehow needs to get to the other party.
    I suggest you add the ability to generate a code for anyone to join, this way you can easily hand it over to anyone by means other then sending an actual link.

Then, we can tell people to "go to teams.ms and enter 123456 to join"

See search trend on Google for one keyword https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=US&q=teams%20join%20with%20code

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Broadcast Tab - Broadcast to Enterprise

There is currently an application that can be migrated to Teams called "Company Communicator" but it would be nice if this was integrated into Teams. Company communication and Broadcasting to the company such as emergencies or service down prompts have never been more important than in today's current world where working from home is on a massive scale. Therefore please review this and set it as a high priority currently we are reviewing another service due to Teams not being able to offer this functionality.

https://docs.microsoft.com/enus/microsoftteams/platform/samples/app-templates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When you turn on your video directly turn on your preferred background so people first don't see your home.

When I am in a call and want to turn on my video it always starts without a background and people see my messy office so then I quickly have to change it to my preferred background. I would like the idea that you can choose a standard background in the settings and when you turn on your video it automatically shows this background for every call.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. people with not same organisational email extention to be full member of a team!

give full writes to guests to be full members of a team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams Channels: boost a post

Understanding that the posts are based on timeline, nontheless our organization needs to be able to repost (promote) a post.

In my organization we perform live training sessions on Teams in massive way, posting the future trainings to come, in a channel. (preparing the week to come training)

When the day arrive that the training occur, we would like to just on a click of a button re-post that post, with the "immediate" timeline, just like a copy of the post that publishes it as if it's a new one

Many competitors have this ability to re-post/promote/push a publication on…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. On the Meeting Notes have the note be able to collapse.

Be able to collapse notes for ease of reading when you have multiple notes and ease of moving the order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Abandon this ****

Seriously, this platform sucks the big one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Acknowledgement of a message

Please consider adding a emoticon to just acknowledge a message for some statements/situations don't warrant a like or a reaction.
    Also extend the reply option encapsulating the original statement that is available on the phones to the windows app too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Store files task in users folders

An interesting option would be: that the subjects and their tasks are linked to folders of the subjects in the user's OneDrive.
    When the teacher creates a task with a file and automatically assigns it to a user in this user's subject folder, a copy of the task file is created in write mode.
    And it is the link to this file that will be sent when the task is terminated.
    The user can no longer modify the file without the teacher's permission

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. it would be great if i could upload a customised background during a call

it would be great if i could upload a customised background during a call

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User should have option to Delete the received messages to clean their history

User should have option to Delete the messages which they have received either in personal chat or a group. This will help to keep the clean window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Relaunch button for teams

In case of, teams does not able to refresh or reconnect, there should be button to relaunch the teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base